Recent Topics

Ads

[ZEALOT] role in keep defence?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Cylwen

[ZEALOT] role in keep defence?

Post#1 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:46 am

Had a lot of fun in the Caledor keep defence with Violence wb. My role in keep defence is standing at the door maintaining a ritual, spamming Dust of Pandemonium for group members and hitting Leaping Alteration for those not in my group. From here I can also res anyone who falls inside the door. I use morale pump and drop group boost morales. Other tactics are for heal crit bonus and heal crit procs.

What I find if I try to res the fallen outside the door is that I waste a lot of time moving around trying to get LOS to those fallen, and usually end up becoming an rDPS target. So I don't do this as it takes me away from healing, and potentially out of the battle altogether.

Once the keep door gets low, I need to move up to the higher levels to continue aiding the defence and participating in any counterattack. From here I can be more mobile to res those in various positions, and keeping the heals up. I can also focus heals on those forming a defensive wall. I can even launch into a counterattack with AOE DPS.

What role do you play with your zealot in keep defence? Any ideas you can give me?

Question
Does Dust of Pandemonium heal downwards, and can it be cast from upper levels (2 &3) to heal those on lower levels? I can see that it heals those above me, but I can't tell if it heals those below.
I love this game and the server community. Thank you to the RoR staff.

Ads
Dabbart

Re: [ZEALOT] role in keep defence?

Post#2 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:44 pm

Answer, yes. All group heals(dust of pandemonium for Zs) heals all grp members within 100ft. Up down left right doesn’t matter, it’s a 100ft range with no LoS checks. The same applies to your Ritual.

If you are downstairs, only worry about rezzing those inside the keep. Let the healers uptop try to rezz those that get pulled outside. Always remember that a dead healer heals no one, keep yourself alive first and foremost.

The reverse is true if you are upstairs, focus on group heals, rezzing those upstairs and outside if you can. Don’t put yourself In a position to get nuked or popped off the walls though!

Unless you are properly specced for DPS, don’t bother. If you have no one to actually heal, then stack up HoTs on all the front line that you can.

Lastly, save your AoE punt for when the enemy pushes upstairs to try and knock off a bunch of them. Other than that, try not to give out free immunities.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Cylwen

Post#3 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:16 pm

Dabbart wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:44 pm Answer, yes. All group heals(dust of pandemonium for Zs) heals all grp members within 100ft. Up down left right doesn’t matter, it’s a 100ft range with no LoS checks. The same applies to your Ritual.
Great advice thank you!
I love this game and the server community. Thank you to the RoR staff.

Dankmeme

Post#4 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:24 pm

Heal and don't die?

neupWAR

Post#5 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:35 pm

What Dabbart said but bolding of rezzing.

For some reason on this server (there is no excuse for pewpew "healers") people have a hard time pressing this button. I don't mean during battle, although there are amazing players that consistently combat rez (Drwho and Hamskull are a couple notables) I mean after the battle. I don't know how many times after battles I've had 4 or 5 rezzers stand or run over my corpse. If I'm playing my rp or shaman I'm surprised you haven't heard me swearing. ;)

So, after keep defense/sieges remember to run around and rez the fallen. I even have my groupmates run around to spot ones I'm missed.

Acidic

Post#6 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:38 pm

I blame Dr Who, he ninja resurrects all :)

(No good deed is done without a cunning plan)