Recent Topics

Ads

Gates non usable after being rammed

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Solutar

Gates non usable after being rammed

Post#1 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:10 pm

Hello everyone,

I like, no wait, i LOVE RvR in this Game, big Groups, huge clashes, also alot to think about and to strategize. One Thing tho, is at the Moment kinda ruining my day in RvR.

I play mainly destro on this Server, nearly everytime we siege a Order Keep Order is using one specific strategy, as soon Ram is at Gate, of Course they pop Oil but ALSO get out of the Gate, hit a bit the Ram and get quick back in to get healed to get out of gate again to hit Ram a bit and get back in.
Ive seen multiple times when about 5 to 12 ppl of Order have done this, and boy, does those few hits accumulate, when about 6 ppl use this strategy and hit the Ram, we dont get even through the first Gate, of course that doesnt happens always, but often enough to be really annoyed.
When they drop from the Wall, left and right from the Gate, or from the top of the Gate, okay, they jump down, we can slow them or kill them before they reach the ram, they get rezzed, same game again, thats fair in my opinion, but just teleporting out and in of the Gate, thats just a cheap tactic and ruining the Game for the other Faction.

So first, thanks for reading and taking the Time, you guys do an amazing job with this Game, second i will still love RvR even if you guys dont change it, and last but not least, it would be HIGHLY appreciated if you could change the use of the Gate after its damaged by the Ram.

Thanks everyone,
Solutar. O/

P.S sorry for my english. :)
Loved by Few,
Hated by Most,
Respected by all.
https://www.twitch.tv/solutar

Ads
lefze
Suspended

Re: Gates non usable after being rammed

Post#2 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:31 pm

The only issue with current mechanic is that you respawn in keep until INNER is hit. This leaves suiciding on a ram on outer perfectly viable even if there is literally no way for you to survive and you know it, as you would just respawn at keep and do it over and over. If a ram goes down it should be the product of coordinated, good play, not just a couple of parties suiciding to get in a few hits over and over.

If you keep track of zone kills/deaths, you occasionally see a few dudes dying like 50-60 times, and obviously a decent share of those deaths come from mindlessly jumping rams.
Rip Phalanx

Sgttimmen

Post#3 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:40 pm

I know thats annoying, but also one of the few things you can do when outnumbered. I like it on my side but hate it on the other :)

kekkers

Post#4 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:48 pm

I 100% second this! This needs to be fixed. It is a cheap tactic that makes sieging no fun at all :x
GM of <Two Weeks>
80 WE/WH | 81 KotBS | 76 Sorc | 71 Choppa | 60 Zeal/Sham/AM | 51 BW | 56 WL | 53 RP
twitch.tv/kekkerss

Toshutkidup

Post#5 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:52 pm

Eh, I understand the "frustration" however same rule applies to all gates / posterns to a certain extend. I've seen grps ( attackers ) pop in posterns just to immediately pop out again. The gate defense is the one few ways a smaller army can have a chance to defend the keep. Plus once the gate is >50% then going in/out isn't possible. Yea its a "cheap" tactic, but so is sending pets to third floor to kill people because of pet mechanics. I just don't find the gate issue much of a priority or need focus compared to other issues / mechanics. Now if the game was 100% perfect EXCEPT for that , then sure change it up .
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Aurandilaz

Post#6 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:41 pm

thats why your warband has 8 dps classes laying continuous AoE pressure at ram spot, from close range if no oil up, from little distance with ranged bombing if oil is up.
with good dps players and right classes, the enemy isn't doing kamikaze attacks, they become just suicides and free loot.

Wyzard

Post#7 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:25 pm

Really? This is so easily countered, especially with your overwhelming numbers. There are destro leads that know what to do.

The door becomes impassable at 50% already. Defenders have maybe 1 minute to coordinate a response IF they’re already in the keep. You want to punish any coordinated play because your siege on a keep wasn’t easy enough? :lol:

No sense in that
Archmage : Darktown Strutter
Kobs : Chezybel
BrightWizard : Wyzard Bard

Xergon

Post#8 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:59 am

Solutar wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:10 pm Hello everyone,

I like, no wait, i LOVE RvR in this Game, big Groups, huge clashes, also alot to think about and to strategize. One Thing tho, is at the Moment kinda ruining my day in RvR.

I play mainly destro on this Server, nearly everytime we siege a Order Keep Order is using one specific strategy, as soon Ram is at Gate, of Course they pop Oil but ALSO get out of the Gate, hit a bit the Ram and get quick back in to get healed to get out of gate again to hit Ram a bit and get back in.
Ive seen multiple times when about 5 to 12 ppl of Order have done this, and boy, does those few hits accumulate, when about 6 ppl use this strategy and hit the Ram, we dont get even through the first Gate, of course that doesnt happens always, but often enough to be really annoyed.
When they drop from the Wall, left and right from the Gate, or from the top of the Gate, okay, they jump down, we can slow them or kill them before they reach the ram, they get rezzed, same game again, thats fair in my opinion, but just teleporting out and in of the Gate, thats just a cheap tactic and ruining the Game for the other Faction.

So first, thanks for reading and taking the Time, you guys do an amazing job with this Game, second i will still love RvR even if you guys dont change it, and last but not least, it would be HIGHLY appreciated if you could change the use of the Gate after its damaged by the Ram.

Thanks everyone,
Solutar. O/

P.S sorry for my english. :)

Same happen today but this time Destro did that tactic. But u know what? I dont have any problems with that, why ? Becouse if your good enough u can counter that, How ? For example as a KoBS i simply wait till someone pop out, and u insta stun him (100% guaranteed hit, cuz u hit them from behind - yes u can position urself so they spawn infront of you) and then super punt to my allies, he ded 100% no matter what tank, and i can farm them all day long like that. They sacrifice themselves, if they want, ok, they destroy ram, cool, next one will come.

If more pops out u always can bomb with m2 or aoe stagger or even better m3 No Escape easy RP, and yes it requires group coordination and effort but thats what this game is all about.

So i have no problems with current mechanic.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Ads
Foomy44

Post#9 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:10 am

Destro has an easier time countering this than Order IMO. Get To Da Choppa for easy instant pulls that don't need a target, Winds of Insanity for aoe knockbacks that don't trigger immunity, stuff like that is really helpful in this situation.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Xergon

Post#10 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:27 am

Foomy44 wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:10 am Destro has an easier time countering this than Order IMO. Get To Da Choppa for easy instant pulls that don't need a target, Winds of Insanity for aoe knockbacks that don't trigger immunity, stuff like that is really helpful in this situation.

Sadly (cuz im order) yes... now even one more tool, Melee SH AoE KB...
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube