Recent Topics

Ads

[DoK] DPS Spec Advice

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
freshour
Banned

Re: [DoK] DPS Spec Advice

Post#171 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:35 pm

Anomanderake wrote:Sooo...
I’m returning in RoR after a 2 years stop. Since my old characters are deleted, i switch destro. In order i was running a DPS SM, but i remember the power of the DoK DPS, so i would like to try. I like hybrid frontline DPS so my choice was between DoK and black guard. Is the mdps DoK so useless right now? I didn’t understand the nature of the nerf.
I have 100% max gear minus like 8 str from not all +24 talis and I can tell you that at that level it can actually be a "decent DPS" but you need a lot of gear and a lot of RR to make it work. You also 10000000% need an armor debuff to deal and real damage, without one you are better playing a BG like you said.

But once you get your RR up, you get gear, and you get an armor debuff, you can do some fun stuff. Ignore you covenants though, put CoC on and sort of forget about it. If you can do that you'll enjoy it a lot more. Especially if you played on live when you could use CoC/CoV and they would compliment your faster AA speed.

Hope that helps. For starters just use the 3 piece set with ini and armor on it until you get better gear. Use the AP epic weapon as your offhand until you have a t4 sc wep and the dwarf t4 weapon. Finally you'll finish with either 2 subju weapons or 2 t4 SC weapons, both actually perform similarly, the subju's just have less wounds.

PS - take quick escape as soon as you have 10RR. You will not regret it, ever.

Ads
sinadin

Post#172 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:27 am

any plans to add a melee set which can be obtained via open RVR ?

I hate SCs and not going to touch them as a melee DOk if everyone expects you to be a backline healer.

Rikis

Post#173 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:56 pm

sinadin wrote:any plans to add a melee set which can be obtained via open RVR ?

I hate SCs and not going to touch them as a melee DOk if everyone expects you to be a backline healer.
I found that having a thick skin and just ignoring (mentally, not through an ingame option that is) all the haters is what works best. Like you, I didn't roll a DoK to play a backline healer, I would have rolled a Shaman or Zealot if I wanted to do so. I get a lot of "oh you need R40RR50 or so" or some such nonsense, but I'm not gonna wait that long to play the character that I want to play. After all, I'm playing a game to have fun. If the pugs wanted guaranteed wins, they should roll with a premade. Are there times I absolutely horribly suck? Yep, as has been mentioned in this thread, against premades I get melted in a few seconds flat and there's nothing I can do (I once actually switched to some non-DPS tactics and Willpower armor/chalice but I actually healed for less than I usually do if I had simply stuck to my Str/dual wield and DPS tactics). But then there are times when I outdamage the WEs and SH while only being 10-15k (about 20%) less healing than the top healer. In the end, even Choppas have the same restrictions as we do in melee, a Guard bot and a healer. Well, we don't need a healer but we do need some outside debuffs.

I'm prepared to be someone the server hates, because there's no way I'm playing a DoK as a backline healer and since medallions don't offer Str gear, I'll be sticking to scenarios.

Telen
Suspended

Post#174 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:16 pm

Just answer them with you're playing the class as it was intended if they dont like it go to the balance forums and propose they be made viable.

peterthepan3

Post#175 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:47 pm

Well-played DPS DOK will always get a guard from me over most other melee, simply due to their self-sufficiency and toughness.

Uleleos1

Post#176 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:20 am

Hello guys with the xp event right now my dok got to 40 now and what is the best choice for dps build the new 15point skill looks nice. And whats the best way to get an bl grp?

Panodil

Post#177 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:30 am

Get Devour Essence and Curse of khaine. when you get RR get the sprint.
http://www.ror.builders/career/disciple ... ,4977,5009

Best way to get BL group is to make one and search for people. It can be done as melee dok. Spec i used in BL and Gunbad.
http://www.ror.builders/career/disciple ... ,5016,5002
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

Uleleos1

Post#178 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:35 am

Ok the build is the same as i am running now good 5o know and thata great that i can find as melee dok an bl grp :D .

Ads
Panodil

Post#179 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:42 am

Melee dok/wp have best ST heal in game, rend soul. aggro might be a problem if you have a new pve tank with you
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

Uleleos1

Post#180 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:46 am

Well an guild mate did lvl up an bg with me and he could hold agro if he had me in guard.