Recent Topics

Ads

Am I missing something?

Let's talk about... everything else
JudgeLazar

Am I missing something?

Post#1 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:38 pm

Can somebody please explain to me how anyone makes sense of RvR? I don;t understand how anyone can keep up with it. It's just total anarchy. Is everybody using macros or am I just old and slow? As of now, I basically just stand there and click my abilities hoping that I'm doing something even remotely useful.

Ads
Elio

Re: Am I missing something?

Post#2 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:58 pm

A few quick things:

1. What class/archetype are you playing currently? If you're having issues with too many buttons try a class that has fewer actives/stances, e.g. Knight > Ironbreaker. 2. It's not mandatory but getting used to using number keys/the keyboard to cast abilities will make your life a lot easier vs. clicking them. 3. Read a few guides or watch some videos about your class. A lot of abilities are situational, and you don't need to worry about them 100% of the time. There's a lot to learn initially, but that's part of the fun!

tazdingo

Post#3 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:59 pm

large scale is supposed to be chaotic, but it depends what kind of rvr you're talking about. are you still in T1?

it also varies wildly depending on your class. if you're playing a dps class it definitely will feel more difficult whilst you're learning, whereas healers and tanks have very simple tasks that you can focus on performing correctly to improve

Loutre

Post#4 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:01 pm

Elio wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:58 pm A few quick things:

If you're having issues with too many buttons try a class that has fewer actives/stances, e.g. Knight > Ironbreaker.
What would be the easiest classes to play in RvR, in term of number of buttons/things to do at once ? Order or Destro.

Elio

Post#5 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:03 pm

To jump in easiest I'd start off by picking which faction appeals to you most (Chaos vs. Order) and then choosing your preferred archetype (Tank, Heal, DPS).

From my experience, the easiest classes to play (assuming we're exclusively talking about # of buttons needed to be effective) would be... Tank: Chosen/Knight, Healer: Zealot/Rune Priest, DPS: Choppa/ Slayer I guess, but you'll die a LOT without some good game awareness.

Honestly, if too many buttons is an issue I'd lean more towards a Tank. Throwing guard up and staying in range is 50% of the battle. :P

tazdingo

Post#6 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:25 pm

Loutre wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:01 pm What would be the easiest classes to play in RvR, in term of number of buttons/things to do at once ? Order or Destro.
black orc - very beginner friendly. mechanic is builders, so like a forced rotation, which really simplifies things. quick bloomer, very strong and intuitive to play out of the box. plays like a brawler, good balance of defense and offense

important early skills:

trip em up - no cooldown snare. keep snares applied on important targets: enemies being focused by your own dps classes, or enemies trying to push into your line
skull thumper - dmg assist proc. apply it to enemies under focus
hold the line - gives you a significantly higher chance to avoid ranged dmg, and protects allies behind you. when your side starts to push into the enemy, make sure you lead the charge with this skill activated
guard - most important tank skill. apply it to the groupmate who needs it. most of the time, this will be a DPS class, but you should learn to switch to whoever needs it at the time. remember, you must be quite close to someone in order for guard to take effect

if you focus on these tasks you will be performing fine and doing your side a service, without having to worry too much about feeling lost or confused when things get chaotic. the above can be directly applied to swordmaster, and sort of applied to chosen and knight. they have their own mechanics but perform the same role. blackguard and ironbreaker are both quite difficult to play

tanks are definitely the best beginner option to get to grips with large scale rvr. you're tough enough that you can make plenty of mistakes and not get punished too much, and always being at the front lets you experience battles more directly, allowing you to learn quicker

gear and spec defensively, focus on the basics. keep guard on an appropriate groupmate. snare aggressive enemy melee trying to push into your backlines. use hold the line effectively. push into the enemy alongside friendly melee, snaring and then using dmg assist skills/debuffs on individual enemies to single them out for focus. gl