Recent Topics

Ads

Deminishing Rations and AAO

Let's talk about... everything else
wonshot

Deminishing Rations and AAO

Post#1 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:38 pm

Hello, can someone explain to me how deminishing rations actually work, and what the reasoning being its implimentation was? Because after tonight I got a feeling it might be working a little different that it might be either intented, or for what actually makes sence.

So tonight in EU primetime we saw destro outnumber order all the way from Trollcontry that was like about 5-6hours prior to this post. (20-40 aao for order, no DR on destro while not holding BOs while on the keep)

Destro then locked Highpass 4-5hours prior to this post, and didnt hold a single BO while killing lord with order having 60% AAO. And there was no DR for the destro besiegers, from what I saw atleast feel free to correct me.

The forces of destroction continue to take Praag and reikland rather fast after getting a few uninterrupted stars, and while attacking orderkeeplords neiter side had DR. Despite destro ending up being 120 roughly to 50 order in Reikland by the time the keeplord fell.

Just 15min before I made this post, Order finally turned the tides. We made a hold in Dwarf tier2, repelled the attack 4 times on the orderkeep, and destro logged off for the night and Order turned the zone around giving Destro 20%aao. But then we saw Order get hit by DR while on the keeplord, and it made me wonder: "is this mechanic working as intented, and what purpose is it meant to be supporting or preventing" because it feels off, that Order fights outnumbered for 6hours without destro have DR. And the moment we outnumber them slightly, we have to take a keeplord down while affected by DR.(not to mention the zonelock didnt give lootbags for order, or increased our bonusrolls)

Right now with the current state of the server, it feels like the Deminishing rations are not preventing the defenders from only turtling, and it surely is not helping the outnumbered side either, does this then need an overhowl or am I missing something?

What do you guys think?
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
NoRKaLKiLLa

Re: Deminishing Rations and AAO

Post#2 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:06 am

The intention was to reduce keep defenders wounds the longer they sat in a keep and ignored the BOs. This was done to discourage defense turtle tactics of sitting in the Lord's room for hours, just hoping to farm stubborn attackers. The rvr mechanics however have undergone a large number of changes since DR's implementation which may not be functioning as originally intended anymore.

wonshot

Post#3 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:36 am

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:06 am The intention was to reduce keep defenders wounds the longer they sat in a keep and ignored the BOs. This was done to discourage defense turtle tactics of sitting in the Lord's room for hours, just hoping to farm stubborn attackers. The rvr mechanics however have undergone a large number of changes since DR's implementation which may not be functioning as originally intended anymore.
So is it a bug that Order got affected by DR while attacking a destro keeplord, if this mechanic should only be in place within a friendly keep?

- Also any desro player on from yesteday evening can confirm you didnt get affected by DR in any of the zones while attacking Order keeplords?
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Acidic

Post#4 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:45 am

wonshot wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:36 am
NoRKaLKiLLa wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:06 am The intention was to reduce keep defenders wounds the longer they sat in a keep and ignored the BOs. This was done to discourage defense turtle tactics of sitting in the Lord's room for hours, just hoping to farm stubborn attackers. The rvr mechanics however have undergone a large number of changes since DR's implementation which may not be functioning as originally intended anymore.
So is it a bug that Order got affected by DR while attacking a destro keeplord, if this mechanic should only be in place within a friendly keep?

- Also any desro player on from yesteday evening can confirm you didnt get affected by DR in any of the zones while attacking Order keeplords?
It probably was caused by the turtle in on the top floor with your stacked bomb wb’s for quite some time.

wonshot

Post#5 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:52 am

Acidic wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:45 am
wonshot wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:36 am

It probably was caused by the turtle in on the top floor with your stacked bomb wb’s for quite some time.
While you were at it replying, could you answere if Destro were affected by DR yesterday evening when I asked for this input, instead of just being salty that some Order actually fought back and didnt let destro pve keeps all evening? or is that really what destro wants, since they clearly refuse to spread their warbands out and instead run them closely together lol. I mean you do you, but dont complain when the order puggies give up and its just us left.

As for your statement that it was caused by us defending, we held the Order keep in MoM Dwarf t2 for 4 waves of destro attack before you logged off, we didnt get hit once by DR in our own keep. When we had clensed you off the map, pushing your warcamp a few times and BOs were blue, we attacked the destro keep. And that was when the DR kicked in while we were inside enemy keep, on the enemy lord. Not while defending or turtling. And my whole point of the initial post was to ask if this was the intention of the DR mechanic, because if thats the case it seems broken if destro never had it during the whole evening when in the very same situation as Order was in, whenh we got hit by it.

Acidic

Post#6 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:00 am

I logged BW m2 FTW
So unfortunately can’t say if Destro had it.
The point of my comment was to show there was a large time when order had no bo so supplies probably still were suffereing by the time Destro felt like me and you went to the keep

wonshot

Post#7 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:05 am

Acidic wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:00 am I logged BW m2 FTW
So unfortunately can’t say if Destro had it.
The point of my comment was to show there was a large time when order had no bo so supplies probably still were suffereing by the time Destro felt like me and you went to the keep
Yeah and I told you, we were not affected by DR while inside our Keep. So unless DR is kicking in way later after a defense, the system just seems to be not working, no matter what side it affects. Since it clearly didnt hit Order when we defended, and it didnt hit Destro when they pve'd zones with double the numbers. That we can agree on.

And show me on this doll where the mean BW moral dumped you please, you seem to be in need of letting it all out. Or even better, dont you have a few clips of it recorded that you nicely edited out of your last few Orcara blob "warband" videos, so we can all see why you are a salt mine?

Have a good day.

Acidic

Post#8 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:06 am

My therapist confiscated my dolls :(

Ads
wonshot

Post#9 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:21 am

So if noone can give insight if destro was at all affected by Diminishing rations, I can only assume what Acidic suggested is right. Order got hit by it, for defending their own keep and at the time the DR-system kicked it, we unfortuneatly were attacking ourselves. It makes very little since in this current system, since whatever side is unsuccesfully sieging often lose all will to play, or sheer numbers and the tables often turn after a siege is failed and the other side end up sieging.

What I personally would suggest the Deminishing ration system to look like:
- If a realm is held up inside ANY keep without holding BOs to support a keepsiege (either def or attacking) they will get affected by DR after all saved up rations are used up. Supply turnins or BO ticks will help build this bar up, and it is shown as the yellowbar on your own realms keep. (When the DR kicks is, and how many rations is needed before you get DR punished is ofc up to the devs to figure out. On paper holding one BO sounds good to me to prevent DR and maybe a zonewide msg could be rolled out with a 5min warning if a realm is running low on rations to give them a short window of time to spread out and secure a supply line for their large army)

This will help punish a defending realm, who ignores BOs and only sit inside their keep holding narrow entrances to even the odds.
And it will also assist to stop an attacking force from sitting in the enemy keep preventing the original Defending realm to break back in, if massively outnumbered (as we currently see 1order wb vs 3-4destro wb)

Overall this should help spread out the action and give smallman roam groups something to do on the map, instead of it just being about number of players you can fit inside either 3rd floor or cover each entrance with a warband while you kill the lord upstairs.
Last edited by wonshot on Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dammy095

Post#10 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:06 pm

i had dr+aao on destro too , many many times
just chill and play