Ads

Server Patch notes 04/08/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Sigimund

Re: Server Patch notes 04/08/2018

Post#41 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:08 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:58 pm
Azarael wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:05 pm Easiest thing to do initially is have detaunt cut both ways. 50% damage reduction on any damage effects from you that are on the detaunted target for as long as the detaunt lasts.
This is what I suggested long time ago and in this thread too but the last time I spoke to Natherul it was said that it would require a large rework how dots are handled. :)

Is it easy? :D
Client control and another year of learning. The project has come a long way.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#42 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:10 pm

Sigimund wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:08 pm
Azarael wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:05 pm Easiest thing to do initially is have detaunt cut both ways. 50% damage reduction on any damage effects from you that are on the detaunted target for as long as the detaunt lasts.
This is what I suggested long time ago and in this thread too but the last time I spoke to Natherul it was said that it would require a large rework how dots are handled. :)

Client control and another year of learning. The project has come a long way.
Oh, it was just a few weeks ago. ^^ Maybe Aza is using dark magic.
Dying is no option.

Azarael

Post#43 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:17 pm

Yup. The detaunt handler in its current form supports this, it's simply a matter of having it listen for the ReceivingDamage event as well as the DealingDamage event. It has in fact already been done and awaits application.

benitoben

Post#44 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:23 pm

Hey,

I helped on the Crowdin translation in french, but my nametag was mispelled. Could you correct it ? Im the 3rd one, it's spelled Hemen20.I would like to say that i appreciated helping you guys in developping this game. Continue the good work and if needed, I'll translate again :D

Thank you !

French: Arroswar, Baeltest, Hemae20, sylvain, febvre, fderradj, Ghatisgob, Lourattitude, Nircivarth, zageen60, olivier.sorensen, Requiem, thorbolt80, sixpiwan, zaro73.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#45 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:26 pm

benitoben wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:23 pm Hey,

I helped on the Crowdin translation in french, but my nametag was mispelled. Could you correct it ? Im the 3rd one, it's spelled Hemen20.I would like to say that i appreciated helping you guys in developping this game. Continue the good work and if needed, I'll translate again :D

Thank you !

French: Arroswar, Baeltest, Hemae20, sylvain, febvre, fderradj, Ghatisgob, Lourattitude, Nircivarth, zageen60, olivier.sorensen, Requiem, thorbolt80, sixpiwan, zaro73.
Thanks for helping! Fixed it

Dalgrimar

Post#46 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:00 pm

Very nice.
Dalgri - Ftp/Sens - Sadboi - Fanboy

utube
twitch

scatterthewinds

Post#47 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:00 pm

Currently in Eataine... morale situation is so bad I needed to afk to type this out. We're hitting m2 within 5-6 gcds. Its terrible. Morale was fine before and didn't need to be touched. I don't think many people want every single fight to have a morale ability in it. ITs basically a different game.

Personally I would emergency hotfix IMMEDIATELY back to previous morale system.

Edit: The AP change was reverted but at least the reduced AP added another element of skill into the game --> resource management. Now its fine that it got reverted because the old ap system wasn't bad either. But this morale change blows that **** out of the water. Random stuff like sever nerve wasnt supposed to part of a core rotation as the 4th ability in your opener.
Last edited by scatterthewinds on Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Azarael

Post#48 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:04 pm

At live rates, 36m/s for full party on a 1.1s GCD, you will hit M2 (720) within 18 GCDs.

Ads
scatterthewinds

Post#49 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:12 pm

It doesnt feel like it. Maybe the previous combat hadn't worn off yet. My points above about morale becoming too common still applies.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#50 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:12 pm

scatterthewinds wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:00 pm Currently in Eataine... morale situation is so bad I needed to afk to type this out. We're hitting m2 within 5-6 gcds. Its terrible. Morale was fine before and didn't need to be touched. I don't think many people want every single fight to have a morale ability in it. ITs basically a different game.

Personally I would emergency hotfix IMMEDIATELY back to previous morale system.

Edit: The AP change was reverted but at least the reduced AP added another element of skill into the game --> resource management. Now its fine that it got reverted because the old ap system wasn't bad either. But this morale change blows that **** out of the water. Random stuff like sever nerve wasnt supposed to part of a core rotation as the 4th ability in your opener.
It seems like you think this is a RoR specific change but it is not. The Morale gain we have now is supposed to mirror live. But as Aza said before he is definately going to tweak it if the results turn out to be over the top.