Recent Topics

Ads

Server Patch notes 04/08/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
scatterthewinds

Re: Server Patch notes 04/08/2018

Post#71 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:43 am

Azarael wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:23 pm We've had people complaining about the absence of live morale gain rates for months if not years. We'll see how this goes before doing anything.

The problem with morale being as widespread as it is is that its instant, its indefensible, unpredictable and culminates in massive swings in a fight. It might be fun, for now, to use morales rarely seen, but it detracts from quality of gameplay. Morale is a resource, it should be earned not given freely. Specs that pumped morale are also now neutered. Its a subjectively negative change.

Ads
Dammy095

Post#72 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:00 am

i like this change, can finally see m3 and m4 on some classes, also more classes can use m2 actively now, not just BW and tanks

Glorian

Post#73 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:20 am

scatterthewinds wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:43 am
Azarael wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:23 pm We've had people complaining about the absence of live morale gain rates for months if not years. We'll see how this goes before doing anything.

The problem with morale being as widespread as it is is that its instant, its indefensible, unpredictable and culminates in massive swings in a fight. It might be fun, for now, to use morales rarely seen, but it detracts from quality of gameplay. Morale is a resource, it should be earned not given freely. Specs that pumped morale are also now neutered. Its a subjectively negative change.
Upped moral rates close the gap between moral pumped and moral geared warbands and ones that don't do that.

Still the moral focused ones get their m2 or m3 5-12 seconds faster.
Before the change it was 12-20 secs.
At any day the more moral focused wb will do a drop faster. The window is just smaller now.

dansari

Post#74 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:01 am

scatterthewinds wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:43 am The problem with morale being as widespread as it is is that its instant, its indefensible, unpredictable and culminates in massive swings in a fight. It might be fun, for now, to use morales rarely seen, but it detracts from quality of gameplay. Morale is a resource, it should be earned not given freely. Specs that pumped morale are also now neutered. Its a subjectively negative change.
Not really. If you know roughly the time your enemy gets their morales, you can guess when they are going to drop. More than that, it makes morale bomb recovery more important: sham/AM have insta res tactics for a reason. Pair with a WW SM and boom. Super fast recovery.

And again on morale pumps being neutered: not really the case in my eyes. At 36 morale per second you get your m2 in 20s, m4 in 100s (roughly for easy math). With a dedicated AM pump you can get an m2 in ~5s and an m4 in ~23s. Doesn't sound neutered to me.
<Salt Factory>

Raggaz

Post#75 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:08 pm

In a previous post.

"Ok think I came across something about detaunt and am wondering if this is working as intended?

Detaunt stops auto attack. But, if Ive dotted up the target and then detaunt while a dot is still active Auto attack does not stop.

So, if you get a melee char on you that youve dotted up and detaunt them while facing toward them. You will still auto attack(because of the dot) and the auto attack cancels the detaunt.
Is detaunt only suppose to be used on targets with no dots? Or is this some kind of bug?"

anarchypark

Post#76 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:13 pm

I've been in both end of morale.
using tank m4 many times.
did good push. good experience.
5sec delete from world at first encounter by morale dump. bad experience.

I think unbalance is this :
who have saved morale vs who's fresh so zero morale.

it's absolute advantage to the side having morale ready from previous encounter.
it's on CD? then m4 vs m2

I guess it's to prevent 'zerg'.
1wb vs 1wb, after winner emerged, second wb came, finish off wounded winner.
but with saved morale, you can insta wipe zerg add.
punishing those who don't play fair 1:1.
what a foolish.

so in AoR nobody coordinated. other wb wiped? don't go there, wait our turn while circling big zone. keep circling to catch flank and win 1:1
that's my exp of AoR and I finally get it why leaders were avoiding fight.

nobody spent months for character to get killed instantly in battle.
and morales do such thing. to counter zerg.

will test more but this is my initial feedback.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Telen
Suspended

Post#77 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:16 pm

Azarael wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:05 pm Easiest thing to do initially is have detaunt cut both ways. 50% damage reduction on any damage effects from you that are on the detaunted target for as long as the detaunt lasts.
I just dont think when you are damaging someone you should be able to cut their damage in half. It means you dont have to think about who you are dotting and is another invitation for tanks to just ignore their backline as they can just detaunt anyone. Also even though you dont balance around 1s and 2s it should be taken into consideration. Particularly when AM/Shaman now have a mechanic that you can use to keep decent hots on yourself at all times. The lower tiers were already a AM playground.
Maybe if detaunts were handled differently where aoe detaunts dont break on dots but the ranged st ones do. That way some of the aoe damage classes have a oh **** button and dot classes get a small window but cant just load up one target detaunt and forget then repeat.

Danielle

Post#78 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:38 pm

altharion1 wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:45 pm Now if you made it so full 6man groups have to queue the 6v6 SC, and if they don't queue it then they can't queue the other SCs. Then things start to get interesting.
Negative motivation almost never works in games though. People would just queue with 5, not queue, play a different game or some nonsense like that. The only thing that fixes this in my mind is matchmaking, and some sort of ladder that incorporates a loot system. Hence if you're doing that impossible Bitterstone Thunderers 6 man vs. LoB at least it's like a +50 if you win, -1 if you lose, and if you do win then you get the 50x massive loot. The big upside is that it also fixes the psychological block people have at the moment. Because a loss is a loss is a loss right now and nothing else. If you had an automated scoring system you would have outside confirmation you were against the odds and it would be easier to get over it. I am aware the pop is low, so the matchmaking would have almost no fidelity at all, but at least the outcomes and seeing the scores would go some way forward to fix the biggest problem right now which is a perceived very high barrier to entry.
Spoiler:
Raging Slayer overextender and Healbot of Deep and Dry and Dark Omen
All my Order characters
All my Destro characters
Yes, you are welcome to this hitlist. I REALLY enjoy being chased across a whole zone.

Ads
Raggaz

Post#79 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:32 am

Does anyone realize detaunting a player that has a dot on them still triggers Auto attack?
Is this suppose to be working this way?

Go dot someone, detaunt them, stand by them. You will still auto attack.
Go detaunt someone, without any dots, you will not auto attack them.

Broken? intended?

Arteker616

Post#80 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:44 am

Wdova wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:42 am I havent noticed before patch but now it seems that Slayers Reckless Gamble is not affected by rage mechanic. After I noticed did some dummy test and it proves my suspection.
it never did . rage mechanic never affected procs.
There was howver once a long long time ago n live the procs did actualy critic. anyone with the old lifetaps weapons from b.s could tell you.