Ads

Server Patch notes 04/08/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
catholicism198

Re: Server Patch notes 04/08/2018

Post#81 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:32 am

Telen wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:16 pm
Azarael wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:05 pm Easiest thing to do initially is have detaunt cut both ways. 50% damage reduction on any damage effects from you that are on the detaunted target for as long as the detaunt lasts.
I just dont think when you are damaging someone you should be able to cut their damage in half. It means you dont have to think about who you are dotting and is another invitation for tanks to just ignore their backline as they can just detaunt anyone. Also even though you dont balance around 1s and 2s it should be taken into consideration. Particularly when AM/Shaman now have a mechanic that you can use to keep decent hots on yourself at all times. The lower tiers were already a AM playground.
Maybe if detaunts were handled differently where aoe detaunts dont break on dots but the ranged st ones do. That way some of the aoe damage classes have a oh **** button and dot classes get a small window but cant just load up one target detaunt and forget then repeat.
The main AE dot classes (Magus/Engineer) don't have AE detaunts, only ST ones- so it would not make a difference. Then there's the WP/DoK...Their one AE DoT is garbage...so again, not much of a difference.

As for 1v1v2s... AMs don't really need to dot dot detaunt anymore because morale gains are faster, so they can pop their m1 bubble to defend and spam cast balance essence, which heals for a lot, even with divine fury.

Ads
Wdova

Post#82 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:44 am

Arteker616 wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:44 am
Wdova wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:42 am I havent noticed before patch but now it seems that Slayers Reckless Gamble is not affected by rage mechanic. After I noticed did some dummy test and it proves my suspection.
it never did . rage mechanic never affected procs.
There was howver once a long long time ago n live the procs did actualy critic. anyone with the old lifetaps weapons from b.s could tell you.
Its not about crits. I know that it does not crit. Its about dmg increase by 50% in full rage. In RoR dmg from riposte and jagged edge is not affected by 50% dmg increase from slayer/choppa rage mechanics, but I havent noticed that Reckless Gamble/Hurtin Time is not affected too. Not sure if this supossed to be like that because on Wiki ror I havent found any informations about this.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

FinduilAsuryan

Post#83 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:17 am

Very nice work with Quest exp, now at last it is a viable way of levelling.
Since i Always found the Story behind War very nice (not the quest themselves, they are just like in other mmorpgs a big grind) this makes it even nicer.
Finduil WL 40 /81
Hakatri SM 40/80
Alqua AM 40/69
Xinduil SW 40/54

Sulorie

Post#84 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:13 am

Telen wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:16 pm
Azarael wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:05 pm Easiest thing to do initially is have detaunt cut both ways. 50% damage reduction on any damage effects from you that are on the detaunted target for as long as the detaunt lasts.
I just dont think when you are damaging someone you should be able to cut their damage in half. It means you dont have to think about who you are dotting and is another invitation for tanks to just ignore their backline as they can just detaunt anyone. Also even though you dont balance around 1s and 2s it should be taken into consideration. Particularly when AM/Shaman now have a mechanic that you can use to keep decent hots on yourself at all times. The lower tiers were already a AM playground.
Maybe if detaunts were handled differently where aoe detaunts dont break on dots but the ranged st ones do. That way some of the aoe damage classes have a oh **** button and dot classes get a small window but cant just load up one target detaunt and forget then repeat.
You damage someone for half damage as well, you gain no advantage. Furthermore only your applied dots deal dmg, while your enemy can use all of his skills.
Why should a dot based class use e.g. 20-24sec dots, when your target could get heals and turn around to push you, while you are not able to detaunt? This doesn't matter much in 1vs1 but in any bigger fight it removes your important ability to detaunt. Or just replace those dots with short duration ones?
Dot and detaunt only works against no healers, e.g. solo roam and small scale against bad players. Halved dot dmg on detaunt is like detaunting the dot class, while still being able to use your full skill set, this is good enough to reduce the advantage of this tactic.
Dying is no option.

Azarael

Post#85 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:27 am

Wdova wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:44 am
Wdova wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:42 am I havent noticed before patch but now it seems that Slayers Reckless Gamble is not affected by rage mechanic. After I noticed did some dummy test and it proves my suspection.
There was howver once a long long time ago n live the procs did actualy critic. anyone with the old lifetaps weapons from b.s could tell you.
Its not about crits. I know that it does not crit. Its about dmg increase by 50% in full rage. In RoR dmg from riposte and jagged edge is not affected by 50% dmg increase from slayer/choppa rage mechanics, but I havent noticed that Reckless Gamble/Hurtin Time is not affected too. Not sure if this supossed to be like that because on Wiki ror I havent found any informations about this.
Provide proof that Rage affected RG/H'T on live.

Raggaz

Post#86 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:34 am

Raggaz wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:32 am Does anyone realize detaunting a player that has a dot on them still triggers Auto attack?
Is this suppose to be working this way?

Go dot someone, detaunt them, stand by them. You will still auto attack.
Go detaunt someone, without any dots, you will not auto attack them.

Broken? intended?

Wdova

Post#87 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:51 am

Azarael wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:27 am
Wdova wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:44 am

Provide proof that Rage affected RG/H'T on live.
Mission impossible 6. Challenge accepted :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hdEvb3PTA4
Start on 1:48. Slayer on yellow hit guarded WE for 59dmg with RG at red he hit WE for 78dmg, than dropped rage to green and hit her for 45dmg. Same scenario at 2:55. Start hitting marauder and RG proc for 80dmg in green, raised to 96 in yellow than dropped back to green and it hit for 77dmg. Same scenario continued in all encounteres in this movie. Its noticable that rage mechanic affect dmg proc on RG.

Edit: Its noticable also riposte dmg scales with the rage level.
Last edited by Wdova on Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Bowldancer

Post#88 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:56 am

Azarael wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:27 am Provide proof that Rage affected RG/H'T on live.
From the bugtracker Tactic Riposte and Slayer Choppa #2291

Luth-RoR commented on 10 May 2017
There was some evidence for it provided in #8297,
but it was deleted and closed by the creator for unknown reasons (as every other report opened by him).
Additionally Hurtin' Time/Reckless Gamble #8077 damage and self damage was also increased by the class mechanic (evidence also closed/deleted by the owner).
As found in following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hdEvb3PTA4&t=77s
taken from ~1:30-2:30
Slayer riposte dmg scales based on mechanic:
Green dmg = 310+(299 mitgated) = 609 total.
Yellow dmg = 393+(347 mitgated) = 740 total, 387+351 = 738 total
Red dmg = 360+(446 mitigated) = 805 total
Tested on RoR, no change in riposte dmg on mechanic change, consistent damage.
Grimmsch Grimnirsson (2H Giantslayer, 40/85)
Spoiler:
40+: 2H-CHOPPA, AM, RP, WP, SM, IB, KotBS, WL, WH, BW, ENG, SW
Alts in T4: SHA, SH, BO, BG, CHO, MAR, WE

Ads
Azarael

Post#89 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:01 am

Understood. Will handle.

Telen
Suspended

Post#90 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:24 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:13 am You damage someone for half damage as well, you gain no advantage. Furthermore only your applied dots deal dmg, while your enemy can use all of his skills.
Why should a dot based class use e.g. 20-24sec dots, when your target could get heals and turn around to push you, while you are not able to detaunt? This doesn't matter much in 1vs1 but in any bigger fight it removes your important ability to detaunt. Or just replace those dots with short duration ones?
Dot and detaunt only works against no healers, e.g. solo roam and small scale against bad players. Halved dot dmg on detaunt is like detaunting the dot class, while still being able to use your full skill set, this is good enough to reduce the advantage of this tactic.
Don't use a 24s dot on a class that might turn around and burst you down? We have two 9s dots. You might see the ability to dot up and detaunt an advantage, I just see it as something that holds the class back. The reason dot classes are so behind burst is mythic couldnt give them a real burst window because you could just use it between detaunts while still doing damage all the other time. Something other classes cant.
Maybe it needs to work more like taunt. Lasts for the next x damage ticks. That way you would need to use it proactively and know the enemys rotation.