Recent Topics

Ads

Server hotfix notes 06/08/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Orontes

Re: Server hotfix notes 06/08/2018

Post#91 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:41 pm

I posted this in the initial Changlogs, but it was after the patch had come out a few days prior and just before this patch, so it might not have been seen. Apologies if I am wrong and for posting the same idea again.

Could the Close Combat tactic be given as an option for the melee SW and melee squig? As both operate as MDPS, they should have the same tactic for an option that is stated as general standard for all MDPS.

Ads
catholicism198

Post#92 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:43 pm

Telen wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:34 pm You would expect cloth healers to be less of a target for magic ranged as they are more susceptible to physical damage. Seems like rock paper scissors to me. I dont see why backline dok wp should be immune though.
You'd think that, but renown stats and armor talismans easily change all of that.
This game has too many variables.

DoKs/WPs weren't originally intended to be strong against casters, only melee. ...but now it's both. Mythic....

CoffeeForAll

Post#93 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:56 pm

I honestly don't know what I would like the balance to be like. Would re-introducing the disrupt check on dot ticks aleviate anything? On the same train of thought, would it be possible to have true strike only apply on the first hit, and not the ticks?

I would not be opposed to reverting moral gain, as actually building up moral was something of a team effort. Right now, everyone just pops morals left and right, and the only limiting factor is the cooldown.

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#94 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:00 pm

Defense on dot tick was an abomination.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Darosh
Banned

Post#95 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:09 pm

Truth be told, the first thing that came to my mind when TS was actually implemented was Trivial Blows, by extension RD, CW, QE...
All of which are no more than bandaid fixes introduced by mythic because they could either not be arsed to think of a better solution to the issues at hand (e.g.: %crit, %critdamage, powercreep through gear) or had no intention to properly fix the issues as player retention (through the gear/rr grind required to stay competitive and habit - people don't like logging on to what possibly resembles 1/3 of the class they've played for months if not year) had the highest priority, unlike a stable state and reasonable gameflow.

I'd support Geni's approach of getting back to a relatively 'stable' - or atleast 'known' - state, tidy up code, craft a concept and then work towards it.

Bozzax

Post#96 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:03 pm

Everything is better then a mandatory renown tax to casters, even more riposte videos and freed up tactic slots for prdps (that equals more dps).

What ppl overlook is that a caster typically needs to success with 4 - 6 abilities in a row to produce burst/kill. When willpower stacking, renown and in some cases tactics bump you above 50% avoidance you become immune to casters. Going from 5% to 30% avoidance makes the chance of 5 in a row drop 60%. Makes cleanse counter much more easy/eff as well.

What was most odd with the strikethrough renown change was it yielding higher efficiency then you even had on live in warpforged (on everything outside healers).
Last edited by Bozzax on Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Foomy44

Post#97 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:12 pm

Defending dot ticks was terrible, I imagine the only people that enjoyed that change don't play dot classes often. Reverting that hopefully isn't on the table ATM.

Killing TS and reverting to live seems ideal to me atm. Think that's a much better state to balance from than this.

Morale rates seem crazy to me, more so in large scale than small. Everytime I die in group fights now I try to check my combat log, last 2 seconds of my life there is usually at least 2-3k damage from morales. Combat feels a lot less skill based and a lot more like everyone is just racing to fill up their bar first and hopefully press M1-M4 at the same time as other people. I'm not seeing much counterplay options outside build more wounds or try to pump your morale so you can blow enemy up before they blow you up. Morale bomb bands were always an option for coordinated groups and plenty strong IMO, but now it feels like every WB is in a bomb setup and the only way to beat em is to bomb better.

Building tanky is also a bit less rewarding than before since your tank stats outside wounds do nothing against morale damage. I don't mind a tank being vulnerable to someone who builds to kill tanks but now almost everyone has the option to throw a big chunk of undefendable damage at a tank every minute and in big fights it leads to feeling a lot squishier than before, maybe that was intended. Haven't tested long enough to feel super strong about it but definitely my first impression. Good that changes are getting tested out on it thou, there have been plenty of complaints about morale in the forums and I certainly don't mind if nothing changes immediately so we can see how this plays out longer.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

catholicism198

Post#98 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:15 pm

Renown gains are a little fast for groups, but I wouldn't want to go back to how the were before, that was painfully slow.

Ads
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#99 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:35 pm

What if we made defensive renowns defend against renown damage? I.e. Immaculate Defense drops morale damage by 75%, morale absorbs like Gromril Plating also absorb morale damage, and so on? Keep morale rates the same, but let morales also defend against morales? I will admit, I do find the increased morale rates a lot of fun and would not like to go back to the old, terrible ones.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Renork

Post#100 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:51 pm

Bozzax wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:03 pm Everything is better then a mandatory renown tax to casters, even more riposte videos and freed up tactic slots for prdps (that equals more dps).

What ppl overlook is that a caster typically needs to success with 4 - 6 abilities in a row to produce burst/kill. When willpower stacking, renown and in some cases tactics bump you above 50% avoidance you become immune to casters. Going from 5% to 30% avoidance makes the chance of 5 in a row drop 60%. Makes cleanse counter much more easy/eff as well.

What was most odd with the strikethrough renown change was it yielding higher efficiency then you even had on live in warpforged (on everything outside healers).
Correct. Yes, there are some rdps that can jump like idiots while pulling off most of their rotations (hey bw's), but not every rdps can do this. It's not as simple as the geniuses (pro-players) who think "a caster can stay in the back and blow things up, yay gg". There are several gap closers in-game, as well as new abilities that were added that make it easier to reach rdps and squishy non wp/dok healers. What happens when coordinated mdps/tanks reach a caster? they typically melt, unless there are several healers focus healing. So staying "in the back" and just casting is typically never possible (kiting half the time).
Last edited by Renork on Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.