Recent Topics

Ads

RvR zergy

Let's talk about... everything else
Raggaz

RvR zergy

Post#1 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:18 pm

Im an NA player, but recently Ive been on during primetime EU hours.

What I find it is just zerg here zerg there. Im not trying to imply anything.
But WBs run around literally trying to gank each other. Sometimes there is 3 wbs for each side doing this.
The only time there is any kind of fight, is when they randomly run into each other.

Once a keep siege happens its a little more focused and cohesive. But once one side pushes out, it becomes zerg run around again.
Ive made proposals to BO changes, that would make BOs more like a keep battle. That would give more direction and less zerg here zerg there, in theory.
I really like the game, I really want to play. The difference between EU/NA population is very different, but its the samething.
WBs trying to roll another WB not even on a BO. Or just a WB running around not even caring about BOs(unless to gank).

The only time its worth effort in being on the lake seems like when a keep siege is happening. The rest of the time, its just like.. waiting for a keep siege to happen.
I find WBs trying to sneak attack another WB out in the middle of nowhere a turn off to the game. There is not enough focus prior to a keep siege. Eventually it becomes one sided and the BOs are taken and a siege happens...
Its really killing my desire to play, because it seems so senseless.
It goes back to BOs needing to have a different structure in the overall progression of a zone.

There has been very few changes to RvR in awhile, except the addition of supply drops.

Will there be any attempted changes at the core of RvR? Or is this just how its going to be?

Ads
Azarael

Re: RvR zergy

Post#2 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:25 pm

I'll pull back the veil here a bit.

No one wants to work on RvR. It breaks the people who work on it because it is a thankless and impossible task. You couldn't pay me to work on it again, and none of the people complaining have any idea how difficult it is to be responsible for it.

The team's intent for now with respect to RvR is to push for forts as the first stage of getting the ending to the campaign up and promoting actually trying to win the campaign rather than optimising rewards in a given engagement. People tend to resent us less for restoring content than modifying it.

After that? Who knows.

Bloodlet

Post#3 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:07 pm

I remember when "zergs" were called armies.

catholicism198

Post#4 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:20 pm

You can't change player behavior regardless of how hard you try.... When there is a significant number of players, two zones will be open for capture but no one is willing to leave to zergy zone for a few reasons:
1.) Fear of missing out on the action/rewards
2.) Fear of going to a new zone and not having the enemy faction follow resulting in an empty keep siege with zero reward

Acidic

Post#5 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:24 pm

Bloodlet wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:07 pm I remember when "zergs" were called armies.
all depends on who side the army is on :)

Glorian

Post#6 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:32 pm

Acidic wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:24 pm
Bloodlet wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:07 pm I remember when "zergs" were called armies.
all depends on who side the army is on :)
Zergs are bad.
We don't zerg.
We call it "The Grand Alliance of Order."

Xergon

Post#7 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:24 pm

And that hate when DnD don't want to blob up...
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube