Recent Topics

Ads

More gear

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Lileldys

Re: More gear

Post#11 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:48 pm

tscrappy wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:39 pm Perhaps as an interim measure you could widen the drop tables a little. The population is too low to produce a thriving economy for the auction house. Widening the drop tables will allow a more robust economy by having more armor/weapon/accessory items available for people who cannot game as frequently as others (like me).

The auction house as it stands is VERY static. Armor selections have been static for a while.

Having more quality drops will help the newer players fill those slots to be more competitive more quickly so they don't quit the game due to lack of gear to compete.

There should always be two ways to get gear, grinding renown or grinding money.

Love the game!!
I don't understand why the drop table needs to change(Maybe include Conq Boots+Gloves like Dominatior). Full Annihilator is obtainable by a group in 1 night. This armour set is more than enough to play competitvly in RvR. Blue/Purps won't compete with Set armour as 2pc+ set bonuses are too strong.
Believe the r37-39 purple weapons are equal to the R39 RR39 SC weapons, so again, PvE drops are just salvages or the purple weapons are just fillers till you get your SC Weapon/s.

Ads
Darosh
Banned

Post#12 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:58 pm

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:09 am [...] to deliver new content to you, the real asset the project has; our active and involved community members.
'[...] a sense of pride and accomplishment [...]'

qwerty113

Post#13 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:10 pm

Lileldys wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:44 pm
Dammy095 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:23 pm meanwhile , any chance for ch22 changes/fixes before new gear ? people stop doing them for a reason
I think the issue with a lot of the PvE gear is the grind to get it. I have fun while slaughtering players for my 1000+ conq medals, but it's a grind to get my 1 Redeye item. A newbie in our guild has gotten nearly full redeye in 2 days, while i'm still half way done after several runs.
Boring PQs in Gunbad, first stage of the PQs is a grind of overtuned champs, followed by dull mechanics on the boss. This is just for Boots+Gloves. Seriosuly, it doesn't need to be as difficult as it is.

The main bosses in the dungeon are really good, took us a few attempts for each of them. Can now do them near flawlessly. Shame about the RNG loot, wish it was PQ loot so my 5/6 man group group would let me finally get the cloak or such, rather than 4 zealot cloaks :roll:

I couldn't imagine trying to find 18+ people for Chpt 22, especially with the sub-par gear, and no looks. Gunbad is worth it just for the Wards, and a chance at those purple liniment seeds.
agree , grind so much strong trash its not what we expect, in live champs wasn't so strong and large on hp
Feroze - wh | Faiz - bw
Roam video's thread

tscrappy

Post#14 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:25 pm

Lileldys wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:48 pm
tscrappy wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:39 pm Perhaps as an interim measure you could widen the drop tables a little. The population is too low to produce a thriving economy for the auction house. Widening the drop tables will allow a more robust economy by having more armor/weapon/accessory items available for people who cannot game as frequently as others (like me).

The auction house as it stands is VERY static. Armor selections have been static for a while.

Having more quality drops will help the newer players fill those slots to be more competitive more quickly so they don't quit the game due to lack of gear to compete.

There should always be two ways to get gear, grinding renown or grinding money.

Love the game!!
I don't understand why the drop table needs to change(Maybe include Conq Boots+Gloves like Dominatior). Full Annihilator is obtainable by a group in 1 night. This armour set is more than enough to play competitvly in RvR. Blue/Purps won't compete with Set armour as 2pc+ set bonuses are too strong.
Believe the r37-39 purple weapons are equal to the R39 RR39 SC weapons, so again, PvE drops are just salvages or the purple weapons are just fillers till you get your SC Weapon/s.
Understand what I am saying, I just want purple loot to drop more frequently. People who are new to lvl40 like myself have very few choices when it comes to armor. It takes a while to get enough renown to wear the sets that will become your "permanent set". This will do two things: manifest a better economy by having better selections on the AH and make oRvR a more enjoyable experience so the gear gap is not so wide. I mean just look for something of quality in Jewel slot, they non-existent in the AH. Weapon choices are also VERY limited and don't get me started on shield choices both in skin design and choices available.
Skalathryx - Chosen
Ex. Skalathrax - Chosen - Blackthornes GM

NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#15 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:59 pm

The reason Chapter 22 PQs aren't being run like they were on release is that the individuals that were organizing and leading runs got their sets; If you want the set, step up and lead a warband.

Gunbad's Redeye gear and associated wards (which are required for the next full scale dungeon we release) will be tweaked as we release follow-on dungeons.

Dajciekrwi

Post#16 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:36 am

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:59 pm The reason Chapter 22 PQs aren't being run like they were on release is that the individuals that were organizing and leading runs got their sets; If you want the set, step up and lead a warband.
Hmm, proclamation like "get your 6 Buddys group get a 30 beers and hump Onslaught before your light will shut down" sounds more motivating (for me) then "lead the wb".
So look like i will confime on buddys & beers and left onslaught and wbs.
Anyway gl with PQs.

Ugle

Post#17 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:23 pm

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:59 pm The reason Chapter 22 PQs aren't being run like they were on release is that the individuals that were organizing and leading runs got their sets; If you want the set, step up and lead a warband.

Gunbad's Redeye gear and associated wards (which are required for the next full scale dungeon we release) will be tweaked as we release follow-on dungeons.
What does the tweaking in the second paragraph entail? Tweaking of the dungeon, wards, gear stats and bonuses or all abovementioned?
inactive

Dammy095

Post#18 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:26 pm

our guild doesnt run KV ch22 because of lord resets

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#19 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:03 pm

Dammy095 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:26 pm

What lord resets?

Dammy095

Post#20 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:54 pm

Hargrim wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:03 pm
Dammy095 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:26 pm

What lord resets?
lord keep changing targets depsite menace tanks spamming taunts, and even goes for those in portals, which results in his reset to 100