Recent Topics

Ads

What classes should I target? Need tips.

Let's talk about... everything else
ArcadeGames

What classes should I target? Need tips.

Post#1 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:39 pm

Just need general basic advice.

Which class do i target when playing each of my classes char's? -

Melee
Tank
Ranged

Is it best to counter the same class? like tank v tank? or what?

Ads
Reesh

Re: What classes should I target? Need tips.

Post#2 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:16 pm

As a dps you're targeting anything that is squishy (you do quick probing to get the idea). Don't stay too long on one target if it doesn't show any effects.

As you tank you're most of the time doing guard swaps on your allies to not let them die, afterwards you cc/punt away the most important problematic targets, like strong dps that are sitting on your allied dps/healers.

As a healer, especially rp/zel, you try to stagger other healers, detaunt any good dps that might swap onto you, help your dps with clutch morals, and ofc, well, heal and not let allies die.

Ramasee

Post#3 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:22 pm

Reesh brings up good points for the basics. I'm going to even more basic, because the long answer is VERY long and situational.

What you should be targetting is what every other DPS on your team is targetting. Without focus fire (and a whole lot of other factors by support roles), nothing except the puggiest of pugs will die.

tazdingo

Post#4 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:43 pm

in pubs

AM/shaman if you're winning
slayer/choppa if you're not

Mystry
Suspended

Post#5 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:02 pm

As DPS:
The enemy healer
As Tank:
The enemy healer
As Ranged:
You guessed it, the enemy healer.

There really is no reason not to pile on top of whoever the enemy healer is unless you are a super defensive tank, and even then you should be guarding one of the melee DPS and assist training that god damn DoK/Shaman/Zealot to hell and back.

kweedko

Post#6 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:30 am

Obviously - only tanks, at any cases.

dansari

Post#7 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:05 am

Mystry wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:02 pm As DPS:
The enemy healer
As Tank:
The enemy healer
As Ranged:
You guessed it, the enemy healer.

There really is no reason not to pile on top of whoever the enemy healer is unless you are a super defensive tank, and even then you should be guarding one of the melee DPS and assist training that god damn DoK/Shaman/Zealot to hell and back.
Not necessarily. Normally you're going to target unguarded DPS before any healer lets you near them. Ramasee said it best: focusing targets with other DPS while being supported by necessary debuffs on the target will kill most things, including a stagger on a healer from zeal/RP/WE/WH and a punt from a tank
<Salt Factory>

Mystry
Suspended

Post#8 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:23 am

dansari wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:05 am Not necessarily. Normally you're going to target unguarded DPS before any healer lets you near them. Ramasee said it best: focusing targets with other DPS while being supported by necessary debuffs on the target will kill most things, including a stagger on a healer from zeal/RP/WE/WH and a punt from a tank
Strongly disagree. Healing output has gotten so ridiculous that you'll need an average of 3 or 4 players to outpace one healers output. More if the DPS has a brain and uses one of their defensive CDs, or movement abilities to escape, or *gasp* detaunts. I have always experienced more success by getting people to pile on the healer and spam him with interrupts and KDs than waste their time hitting a choppa or marauder. Doing so denies the healer his ability to output any healing whatsoever which makes the incidental aoe and chip damage meaningful since it isn't immediately healed.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#9 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:59 am

Focus enemy DD to remove pressure on your own healers. Only swap to healers, when they are either out of position e.g. close to you and unguarded. Swap to healers the moment they try to revive. Taunt reviving healer to stop him as a tank. Stagger other (2nd) healer in order to kill the first healer fast.
Going on healers first deep in enemy backline, while enemy DD are in your own backline, is nonsense.
As a tank you don't have to think much about kill targets, you assist your own DD, they have to pick targets, you only follow.
Dying is no option.

Wdova

Post#10 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:19 am

I can give You only my opinion.

As a tank You attack the same target as the DPS class You guarding.

As a mdps You attack the most squishy target first. Light armor rdps, unguarded slayer/choppa, light armor healers. Depends on which one has guard or detaunt You.

I have no rdps atm, but I was ALWAYS harrasing enemy backline RDPS first than healers to force them backup a a little and not unleash theyr full force on our frontline/mdps(Pug scenario) or same target as the main damage dealer(premade scenario).
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+