Recent Topics

Ads

[Chosen] for solo play

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
jesuan

[Chosen] for solo play

Post#1 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:54 pm

Folks. I'm new to the game, I started 1 week, exactly. I watched some videos of classes and I came across a video of one chosen against 4 and still killing them. The video guy did not release the build. I would like a build for Chosen with 2H that beats well and bears some punch. It would be for solo. Could someone pass me a complete build? Stats, Renown, Rotation. Thank you very much. Sorry for my English.

Ads
Luuca

Re: [Chosen] for solo play

Post#2 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:25 pm

Hello and welcome to RoR!

As you did not link the video, I have to ask if it was from LIVE or RoR?

4v1 is possible in RoR for a GW Chosen, but more likely it was an old video from when the game was live.

There have been many changes here on RoR from the version of Live; Morale Gains, Available gear, Gear Stats, Set bonuses, Class abilities, Class Tactics, much and more have all been changed here on RoR. A viable GW Chosen build, at end-game, looks completely different from the end-game GW Chosen builds on RoR.

I suggest you level your Chosen to 40/60, get Beastlord and Dominator mix, Fleshrender rings x4, and start developing your own 4v1 strategies.

jesuan

Post#3 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:40 pm

Luuca wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:25 pm Hello and welcome to RoR!

As you did not link the video, I have to ask if it was from LIVE or RoR?

4v1 is possible in RoR for a GW Chosen, but more likely it was an old video from when the game was live.

There have been many changes here on RoR from the version of Live; Morale Gains, Available gear, Gear Stats, Set bonuses, Class abilities, Class Tactics, much and more have all been changed here on RoR. A viable GW Chosen build, at end-game, looks completely different from the end-game GW Chosen builds on RoR.

I suggest you level your Chosen to 40/60, get Beastlord and Dominator mix, Fleshrender rings x4, and start developing your own 4v1 strategies.
Hey, hi. Thanks for the answer. It does not have to be exactly like the video. I'll leave his link here for you to see. I would like a guide for my specific need. Is it possible to have a Chosen Dps with a good def? Or is it just a tank? What are his options? What are the ways to play with it? Thank you so much for the help.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebshV2Ydhpk

In this video he plays with a Blazing and a Chosen afterwards.

tazdingo

Post#4 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:52 pm

jesuan wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:40 pm Hey, hi. Thanks for the answer. It does not have to be exactly like the video. I'll leave his link here for you to see. I would like a guide for my specific need. Is it possible to have a Chosen Dps with a good def? Or is it just a tank? What are his options? What are the ways to play with it? Thank you so much for the help.

that's a reflect knight, an order tank, but it was on this server and not live. reflect builds are very specialized solo builds designed to do just this. chosen can do this too, as he has mirrors of all of knights reflect abilities and tactics. the build requires high regen however. i've heard that high lvl chosen's regen is pretty bad at the moment, i don't know what the situation is for knights. magus can do this kind of thing too

as for you general question on chosens, hybrid builds are usually recommended. full def chosen is nothing special due to lack of regen, and several of your abilities do spiritual damage - this really helps with your dps even if you gear defensively. you're not a dps and never will be, but you do have enough dmg to pressure and good dps assist

- i can't see the chosen footage but i'd assume it's another reflect build due to the title. that being said chosen has higher dps potential than knight and could solo on a standard hybrid build

Darks63

Post#5 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:34 pm

If he doesn't answer this thread you might want to pm thargrimm in game.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

doky

Post#6 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:14 pm

tazdingo wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:52 pm
jesuan wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:40 pm Hey, hi. Thanks for the answer. It does not have to be exactly like the video. I'll leave his link here for you to see. I would like a guide for my specific need. Is it possible to have a Chosen Dps with a good def? Or is it just a tank? What are his options? What are the ways to play with it? Thank you so much for the help.

that's a reflect knight, an order tank, but it was on this server and not live. reflect builds are very specialized solo builds designed to do just this. chosen can do this too, as he has mirrors of all of knights reflect abilities and tactics. the build requires high regen however. i've heard that high lvl chosen's regen is pretty bad at the moment, i don't know what the situation is for knights. magus can do this kind of thing too

as for you general question on chosens, hybrid builds are usually recommended. full def chosen is nothing special due to lack of regen, and several of your abilities do spiritual damage - this really helps with your dps even if you gear defensively. you're not a dps and never will be, but you do have enough dmg to pressure and good dps assist

- i can't see the chosen footage but i'd assume it's another reflect build due to the title. that being said chosen has higher dps potential than knight and could solo on a standard hybrid build
one more advice, forget all what that guy said

jesuan

Post#7 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:12 am

Darks63 wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:34 pm If he doesn't answer this thread you might want to pm thargrimm in game.
Are you in the game?

Darks63

Post#8 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:46 am

jesuan wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:12 am
Darks63 wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:34 pm If he doesn't answer this thread you might want to pm thargrimm in game.
Are you in the game?
Im not thargrimm.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Ads
Noslock

Post#9 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:33 am

Are u sure u saw a chosen and not a marauder in the video?Asking this because Second (the KOTBS in the video you linked) have a video of him playing both Knight and Mostro Mara with some outnumbered fight.Maybe u confused chosen for marauder.

Foomy44

Post#10 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:50 am

tazdingo wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:52 pm

that's a reflect knight, an order tank, but it was on this server and not live. reflect builds are very specialized solo builds designed to do just this. chosen can do this too, as he has mirrors of all of knights reflect abilities and tactics.
Ummmm.... Chosen don't get a melee reflect aura... 99% sure that's a fairly important part of a reflect build. Also please point me to the Chosen version of Runefang tactic (which I'm fairly certain most KotBS built for small scale/solo are running).
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman