Recent Topics

Ads

Armor of the Vanquisher

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Hargrim
Developer

Re: Armor of the Vanquisher

Post#91 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:47 am

Nameless wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:06 am I got 2 questions.
You change dom and conq stats but what about other pve set? Did they stay the same as that or get changed aswell? Cos beastlord could become better than conq/dom while onslaught esp for wp/dok is much better than conq with rf proc and will become even better.

PvE Dungeon / PQ sets will stay how they are now, Beastlord I'm not sure of.

Ads
danny262

Post#92 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:54 am

What about weaponry?

Telen
Suspended

Post#93 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:59 am

Mixing sets is already bis for alot of classes. Unless the next set is a step up thats better than the set bonuses of the previous set then you may want to think about how mixing set bonuses is handled aswell. Otherwise you just make parts of new sets obsolete.

Avici

Post#94 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:03 pm

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:26 pm
geraldtarrant wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:04 pm
Correction? You dont want to use word nerf? Becouse reducing something is nothing else than nerf.
And unless you nerf it to level of annihilator, what would be totaly unfair, introducing additional set, becouse you want to cover mob bad feelings about this server, will crush balance of sets in rr80 environment in long term. Adding just one atm is just allowing doomflayer power level to exist in future. And i remember everyone in the staff was tryiong to avoid introducing doom/warp.
Very bad move from my pov.
For yours and everyone else who should be interested's (IE the entirety of the RoR playerbase) situation awareness, a "correction" is necessary to prevent the debacle experienced in the AoR live setting. As they added more gear to try to desperately hang on to subscribers, they failed to plan in the long run a way to keep the playing field balanced, by adopting a "just add more" approach. This meant that the higher your gear and rank went, the greater the change your stats were from your last upgrade. In order to combat this, RoR has developed a conceptual approach to the issue, by reducing the "power" (raw stats, armor and bonuses) applied to each gear set as they increase in level; such that you feel a bigger difference going from rr40 to rr50, than you will going from rr75 to rr80. The current Conq/Dom pieces are not in line with this methodology, and must be corrected. The corrections inbound will be primarily to non-mainstat stats, and if not announced, would likely go unnoticed by the majority- but I wan't to maintain transparency and assure our playerbase that these changes are being made properly.

Here's a graphical representation of the live problem, the RoR solution and the correction. It took over 9000 hours in MSPaint.

Damn... This is a really huge gear nerf compared to live. I understand the need to reduce the power gap, but at the same time feel that like those of us who play for a long time don't get rewarded properly, as 80 renown gear isn't much stronger than 50. We spend a lot, a LOT of time and effort grinding this high level gear to get... What... +3 wounds and + 5 int ? (looking at you, Dominator). And now you want to nerf it even more.

Alfinnete
Banned

Post#95 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:06 pm

GJ but lol look to this appearence... bad!

MortimerSneed

Post#96 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:13 pm

It should never feel like a gear grind to be competitive (that has always been a plus for this game).

Higher renown should be about prestige and look with just a slight increase in gear effectiveness.

You should not be able to win, just because you have better gear, no matter how long you have played.

Alfinnete
Banned

Post#97 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:16 pm

Avici wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:03 pm
NoRKaLKiLLa wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:26 pm
geraldtarrant wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:04 pm
Correction? You dont want to use word nerf? Becouse reducing something is nothing else than nerf.
And unless you nerf it to level of annihilator, what would be totaly unfair, introducing additional set, becouse you want to cover mob bad feelings about this server, will crush balance of sets in rr80 environment in long term. Adding just one atm is just allowing doomflayer power level to exist in future. And i remember everyone in the staff was tryiong to avoid introducing doom/warp.
Very bad move from my pov.
For yours and everyone else who should be interested's (IE the entirety of the RoR playerbase) situation awareness, a "correction" is necessary to prevent the debacle experienced in the AoR live setting. As they added more gear to try to desperately hang on to subscribers, they failed to plan in the long run a way to keep the playing field balanced, by adopting a "just add more" approach. This meant that the higher your gear and rank went, the greater the change your stats were from your last upgrade. In order to combat this, RoR has developed a conceptual approach to the issue, by reducing the "power" (raw stats, armor and bonuses) applied to each gear set as they increase in level; such that you feel a bigger difference going from rr40 to rr50, than you will going from rr75 to rr80. The current Conq/Dom pieces are not in line with this methodology, and must be corrected. The corrections inbound will be primarily to non-mainstat stats, and if not announced, would likely go unnoticed by the majority- but I wan't to maintain transparency and assure our playerbase that these changes are being made properly.

Here's a graphical representation of the live problem, the RoR solution and the correction. It took over 9000 hours in MSPaint.

Damn... This is a really huge gear nerf compared to live. I understand the need to reduce the power gap, but at the same time feel that like those of us who play for a long time don't get rewarded properly, as 80 renown gear isn't much stronger than 50. We spend a lot, a LOT of time and effort grinding this high level gear to get... What... +3 wounds and + 5 int ? (looking at you, Dominator). And now you want to nerf it even more.
Bro I do not like to get involved, but it's clear that the balance team has been lost a long time.

Sulorie

Post#98 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:28 pm

Apparently a lot players have not a single clue about proper balancing. Live server power gaps were only manageable, because you basically left t3 with rr70-80.
Dying is no option.

Ads
oaliaen

Post#99 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:33 pm

Nice to see new sets...but nerf the others are a bad decision. Whats the point in get r80 if we cant have our merit profits? but i know you guys are not going to revert it so, could you at least giv us a prediction to when we gonna get the sov set?

Hargrim
Developer

Post#100 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:36 pm

oaliaen wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:33 pm Nice to see new sets...but nerf the others are a bad decision. Whats the point in get r80 if we cant have our merit profits? but i know you guys are not going to revert it so, could you at least giv us a prediction to when we gonna get the sov set?

Prodiction - when City Sieges are released.