Recent Topics

Ads

Armor of the Vanquisher

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
peterthepan3

Re: Armor of the Vanquisher

Post#111 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:59 pm

Anyone advocating for huge power creeps between RR40 to RR80 are most likely players that are reliant on RR80 gear in order to be somewhat relevant.

Ads
Avici

Post#112 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:06 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:59 pm Anyone advocating for huge power creeps between RR40 to RR80 are most likely players that are reliant on RR80 gear in order to be somewhat relevant.
You're absolutely right, everyone should have identical lvl1 gear through the game.

Sulorie

Post#113 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:27 pm

Avici wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:06 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:59 pm Anyone advocating for huge power creeps between RR40 to RR80 are most likely players that are reliant on RR80 gear in order to be somewhat relevant.
You're absolutely right, everyone should have identical lvl1 gear through the game.
Exaggerations are perfect to support arguments. You know how it goes!
Dying is no option.

nebelwerfer

Post#114 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:28 pm

serously wher isthat mara helm from ? sick

Collateral

Post#115 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:00 pm

Avici wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:53 pmYes, this is how it works here. You start as nothing without name and slowly work your way towards fame and power through blood sweat and tears.I don't think it's a good idea to make new characters strong from the start.
Yes, you work your way up by improving your skills and playstlye, not by acquiring more gear. A good player is a good player, no matter if he's in anni or conq, conq will only give him a little boost. No one here said new chars will be strong from the start, where did you get that?

I played in a number of groups and warbands, with people from all sorts of skill sets, and I see when someone knows what they are doing. It has absolutely nothing to do with gear they have. Also, looks are definitely very important to a lot of people, you would be surprised.

Gear change is good. The new set looks a bit meh, but at least some appearances are nice. I've been waiting for that bo shoulder for a while.

Foomy44

Post#116 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:01 pm

If that is what you are claiming is happening here then please show us some videos of you owning people in your lvl 1 gear after the new set is released so you can prove your point (or more likely immediately be proven wrong).
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

CountTalabecland

Post#117 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:23 pm

Additional sets to mix and match bonuses for? Count me in. I agree with Peter, Conq is currently a power creep, its set bonuses are 100% better than anni for def tank anyhow, can't beat wounds proc plus flat +5% block. As for ppl complaining about merc/anni being too hard to get, lolololol, you're gonna have a bad time for conq/dom. Anni/merc takes like, idk, 1 week at most if you have a, lets say, lvl 31 rr 20 (pretty much worst case scenario). Drink a potion of acclaim, and get to work and you will have the gear and the rr in a week.

Still wish I could grind main stat/spec gear for def tanks from scens but oh well.
That IB helmet is awesome, nice simple anglo-saxon type helm, but ppl complaining about appearances have a point, the bracers, belt, and chest that IB is wearing is the T2 armor. I think there are enough cool pieces, 1 or 2 per set per career that are definitely worth using the appearance of though.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Avici

Post#118 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:02 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:27 pm
Exaggerations are perfect to support arguments. You know how it goes!
An adequate response to staff labeling people who oppose the change as "low-skills". So much for the "new course".

Ads
Tesq

Post#119 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:11 pm

Why ppl even compare anni with conqueror?

Ruin vs conqueror is just 5% crit reduction less and the wounds proc but also give 100+ armor more...and what like 1% block in difference and some , stats..definetly the gap could be lower but is vs ruin not vs anni
Last edited by Tesq on Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zxul

Post#120 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:27 pm

Gear hard to get here? Lol, my magus Llell- 2 weeks or less from lvl 1 to rr 50+ in Dom and BL, with Gutslime/Subj staffs in bank (and that includes time spend to get 200 butchering/apt, 2 epic quests finished, ets). Full Annil/Merc should be waiting in your backpack for lvl 35, unless you afk the game pretty much.
Peter, the gameplay in War doesn't compares to your average FPS shooter (which indeed doesn't has a gear creep). Why people play mmos then, whatever pvp or pve? The character progression, which is why gear/lvls/renown ets are there, without those you are left with a game which is worst then usual class D shooter.

If having higher gear/renown didn't offer an advantage over the next guy, then why would anyone log into mmos and farm gear, instead of logging into say CS with 0 gear/ lvls farm and lot better gameplay?
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh