Recent Topics

Ads

Influence per Tier

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Smellybelly

Influence per Tier

Post#1 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:40 am

Hello everyone!

I have a suggestion regarding influence.
Basically while you level a new character you get influence from all T2-T3-and T4 lakes at an equal steady rate, however, it does not increase in tandem with your rank. So when you finally ding rank 40, you may very well still be at only 20-30% done with influence in the T2-T3 maps and the gear that offers is a 100% outdated and useless to you.

So i suggest a X3 influence multiplier to T2 areas, a X2 influence multiplier to T3 and let T4 stay as it is.
This way the influence gear from each zone may actually be of use to keep you geared according to the bolster system.

And it should not adversly affect overall balance.

Ads
poffo

Re: Influence per Tier

Post#2 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:45 am

+1

Smellybelly

Post#3 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:32 pm

Careful bump x)

Hargrim
Developer

Post#4 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:07 pm

I'd rather change this stuff so you get influence per pairing, starting with T2 -> T3 -> T4.

Example: you don't have T2 influence in Empire done, but you just locked Praag - instead of T4 RvR influence you get T2 influence to help you finish everything in order.

Sigimund

Post#5 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:32 pm

Hargrim wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:07 pm I'd rather change this stuff so you get influence per pairing, starting with T2 -> T3 -> T4.

Example: you don't have T2 influence in Empire done, but you just locked Praag - instead of T4 RvR influence you get T2 influence to help you finish everything in order.
That's actually quite sensible.

kweedko

Post#6 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:34 pm

Hargrim wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:07 pm I'd rather change this stuff so you get influence per pairing, starting with T2 -> T3 -> T4.

Yeah lets enlarge influence grind, take 40 lvl go rvr and recive t2 items, brilliant. :shock:

Hargrim
Developer

Post#7 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:55 pm

kweedko wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:34 pm ...

Thank you for your valuable opinion.

Rynocerous

Post#8 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:21 pm

Hargrim wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:55 pm
kweedko wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:34 pm ...

Thank you for your valuable opinion.
Forgive him. It's not about DDZealot so he is unhappy. 😀

Pair the idea with it automatically shifting to t4 once younhit you hit level 38 and I can't see an issue.
DESTRO Aindorex - Impeccible
A couple of lowbie Order toons

Ads
Gangan

Post#9 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:34 pm

Just a quick thought, how about combining the idea of OP and hargrim. You get rewards in order of tiers. But if you reach or overstep the required lvl to equip you'll get a bonus multipler on your inf.

E.g. T2 inf requires lvl 19 -> till you hit 19 you'll get the normal amount, but at 19+ you'll get, let's say twice. This could be stackable for higher lvls. When you completed the t2 rewards you would fall back to the normal rate, till you hit the next lvl-requirements.

Might help to get the inf-rewards in time to wear and use them.

I'm tired, so I hope this all makes sense 😅
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Skullgrin

Post#10 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:44 pm

Sounds good, I wouldn't mind if you even applied it to T1 also, it would allow me to finally fill my influence bars there. :D
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80