Recent Topics

Ads

Armor of the Vanquisher

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Zxul

Re: Armor of the Vanquisher

Post#161 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:32 pm

RuffRyder wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:18 am
Zxul wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:54 pm[…]my magus Llell- 2 weeks or so from lvl 1 to rr 50+ in Dom and BL, with Gutslime/Subj staffs in bank (and that includes time spend to get 200 butchering/apt, 2 epic quests finished, ets). Full Annil/Merc should be waiting in your backpack for lvl 35, unless you afk the game pretty much.[...]
See, in my opinion the time to get a setup like what Llell posted isn't hard either, although the time he invested is 154 hours of playtime, so if one can do this within two weeks, that's an edge example, but it still shows his investment.
On the side note, it doesn't even takes that long- quite a bit of a played time is spend helping others with BL after getting mine, helping guildies with epic quests, getting 200 butchering/apt, farming mats for armor/toughness/absorb, ets.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
Smellybelly

Post#162 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:36 pm

The amount of people who gets upset when the overall balance is actually IMPROVED, its just mindboggling :O

Sulorie

Post#163 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:43 pm

Dajciekrwi wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:48 am
Sulorie wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:30 am People look like clones, because most players don't care about appearance at all.
Soo...., we dont need new appearance cos players dont care about that, or they dont care about appearance cos is nothing new to use??
"Hey dude, if y want have on endgame beggar panties as 55+, its game for ye" - dont sound like best way to bring ppl to game.
There are already plenty appearance choices to make every class look good, you only have to find them, which includes pve content.
What do you apparently want is invader to sovereign set appearance on a lower sets and this isn't going to happen. You already have DF appearance on conq set, which is a design choice I don't understand but to ask for even more is ridiculous. :)
Dying is no option.

Smellybelly

Post#164 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:53 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:43 pm
Dajciekrwi wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:48 am
Sulorie wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:30 am People look like clones, because most players don't care about appearance at all.
Soo...., we dont need new appearance cos players dont care about that, or they dont care about appearance cos is nothing new to use??
"Hey dude, if y want have on endgame beggar panties as 55+, its game for ye" - dont sound like best way to bring ppl to game.
There are already plenty appearance choices to make every class look good, you only have to find them, which includes pve content.
What do you apparently want is invader to sovereign set appearance on a lower sets and this isn't going to happen. You already have DF appearance on conq set, which is a design choice I don't understand but to ask for even more is ridiculous. :)
Sulorie is right, you can get very cool appearance of your characters by just grinding out a few PQ´s, mix that with T3 sets or T4 sets etc and your set to look like a beast. Loads of options around!

saupreusse
Developer

Post#165 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:04 pm

Iirc doomflayer was never supposed to be rr 90. Mythic named their itemsets by appearance level and DF was only mid tier. Torque would know more. But the point is: doomflayer was prolly never designed to be a high level set appearance wise.

kmark101

Post#166 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:58 pm

Hargrim wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:27 am
kmark101 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:02 am I have a large problem with this kind of progression: if the new sets are only slightly slightly better, then why should I upgrade and spend a gazillion golds again to put talismans into the new set?

There should be a skill or item to pry out talismans from other sets to make this feasible.

Another thing is can you give us another free tab in the vault if there is so much new gear is coming out?

Why should you? Because you like the game and eventually while you play that game you will end up with this set. If the stats on this set will be to your liking you will spend an hour doing Onslaugh PQs to get talismans you want or grind gold from NPCs or crafting stuff for gold.

But if you don't like the game, there is no need to upgrade at all.
No no, I love the game, I just don't have the gold for templating a new armor set with new talismans for a miniscule stat increase (for appearance the sets are not my taste, but that's just a personal opinion).
Unfortunately ch22 PQ's never run in NA West Coast time zone and I hate crafting (but maybe I should start to do it... I'd happy to skill up a "talisman remover" tradeskill).

Anyway, was just a suggestion to make the new armor sets a more popular choice.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Hargrim
Developer

Post#167 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:24 pm

There won't be any problem with popularity of this set, not at all.

If there are no NA West Coast Onslaught groups maybe fine a guild that would be interested in running that and put some effort into organizing event to do that stuff with them?

Zxul

Post#168 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:04 pm

Hargrim wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:24 pm There won't be any problem with popularity of this set, not at all.
Hargrim, an advice lol. When you are trying to convince somebody at something, there are specific phrases which you just really shouldn't say- the top amongst them are phrases like "trust me", or double statements like above "no problem, not at all". Since they convey exactly the opposite message.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#169 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:31 pm

Zxul wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:04 pm
Hargrim wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:24 pm There won't be any problem with popularity of this set, not at all.
Hargrim, an advice lol. When you are trying to convince somebody at something, there are specific phrases which you just really shouldn't say- the top amongst them are phrases like "trust me", or double statements like above "no problem, not at all". Since they convey exactly the opposite message.

Thanks for the tip.

What I tried to say was just that there will be new currency and eligible people will obtain this set via that currency or in RvR bag drops. People play RvR, so they will get bags. Set inside is better than conqueror (as far as I know even better than the pre-"nerf" conqueror we have now on live server) so worst case scenario people will get it and change the appearance to that of conqueror set (which will be much easier to obtain if somebody doesn't have it because you will be able to down convert the new currency).

SmackdownNinja

Post#170 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:47 pm

Hargrim wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:31 pm
Zxul wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:04 pm

Thanks for the tip.

What I tried to say was just that there will be new currency and eligible people will obtain this set via that currency or in RvR bag drops. People play RvR, so they will get bags. Set inside is better than conqueror (as far as I know even better than the pre-"nerf" conqueror we have now on live server) so worst case scenario people will get it and change the appearance to that of conqueror set (which will be much easier to obtain if somebody doesn't have it because you will be able to down convert the new currency).
Will the 2pc sets like Overlord and Imperator get price reductions as well or no?
Voldro BG-85
Nuketown BW-82