Recent Topics

Ads

Guild Standards

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
wonshot

Guild Standards

Post#1 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:14 pm

One of the coolest features from the original game, seem to be far down on the To-Do list on here.
I would still like to see some conversation about this subject, ideas and thourghts about how it could potentially work

Goal:
Make Standards be useful in a way that is not exploitable, give a uniq Warhammer fatacy feeling of running around in Regiments showing your Logos & colors. Give enough reward or benefit to make it worthwhile instead of everyone using personal mounts.

Reference point:
Standards on AoR had 3 different tactic slots for each of the 3 guild-standard slots. Usually you had 1tactic slot with Stat boost, a 2nd slot with Offensive buffs, and last but not least the 3rd standard-tactic slot for defensive buffs.

An example of a standard combination could be like this:
Offensive: Increase healcrit by 2% for up to 36players
Defensive: Increase armor by 5% for up to 36players
Stat-buff: Increase Willpower by 5% for up to 36players

Pretty decent "Healer" banner used for endgame PvE and RvR situations.
Now the stat gain alone would make up for the goldcost and effort in having a person running around with this standard. But there was no "need" to actually do so, and that was a flaw imo. When I think about warhammer fantacy univers its alot of regiments moving together in formations (roleplay alert!) and that feeling is and was lacking with this Standard-system.

Not only did these tactic slots get unlocked via guild-levels and gave a purpose players to form up and join guilds, get together and work for a common goal. But we later on also saw pride in captureing rival guild's banners and that was worth far more than any 500 rp for doing so.

Idea layout 1:
Warband standards PuG version focused around warbands, pugging and not guild related

Tactic slots are all unlocked and not gated behind guild-levels
Tactics are the same as on AoR version, but only affects warband members up to 24players.
One standard barer can be assigned by the Warband leader and it will display the guild logo of the warbandleader
All affected players on foot outside of combat will get an increased 55% movementspeed while within 70feet of the standardbarer.
The barer will drop the Standard on the ground when hit by damage, stat buffs will persist untill the banner is re-equiped or destroyed by Enemy players. The movementspeed bonus is lost on everyone in the warband when they each get hit or the standard barer is getting hit and enters combat.

This will give lowerlevel players entering T2-T4 bracket a way to not fall behind and the warbands to run at same speed more compact. The stats should not be gamebreaking addition, the content is not gated behind PvE grind for pvp players would dislike this approach.
Max level players will simply get the benefit of having their fellow warband members nearby and not getting caught behind on packmules.

I would suggest no rewards in terms of xp/rp/inf from destroying an enemy Standard, due to crossrealming exploits potentially and the fact that hitting and canceling the movementspeed buff in itself should be reward enough in itself imo.
In terms of how hard this would be to code and impliment, I frankly have no idea. I personally think it would be a sweet addition to a server where Roleplaying has a pretty big part, guildwarbands are not the standard as we saw on AoR and pugging is the way most players play when it comes to RvR.

Thourghts?
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
Xergon

Re: Guild Standards

Post#2 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:17 pm

Indeed, cant wait for them to be usable again, really cool feature.
Imagine Sarcx with STANDARD upfront :D :D :D
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Sewox

Post#3 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:45 am

Do you know when your guild can start using the standards? i tried as soon my guild unlocked it but it says we have to futher advance!

Fenris78

Post#4 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:23 pm

Sewox wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:45 am Do you know when your guild can start using the standards? i tried as soon my guild unlocked it but it says we have to futher advance!
You have limited spots for standard bearers, up to 6 at guild rank 40. You have to manually assign a standard bearer with right click > assign standard bearer, in the guild roster.

If you still can't deploy banner, maybe it's because you didnt unlock/buy bonuses, or didnt setup them correctly, resulting in an "empty" banner without bonuses.
Just guessing here, but its probably causes to your issue.

Gangan

Post#5 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:06 pm

Sadly the standards are bugged atm
https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/13289

In most cases you can use the first standard after unlocking the second (at Guildrank 18)
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Sewox

Post#6 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:12 pm

Gangan wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:06 pm Sadly the standards are bugged atm
https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/13289

In most cases you can use the first standard after unlocking the second (at Guildrank 18)
Okey thanks for the info every1 :D i was curious cause i have seen ppl in orvr used them, ill guess we just haft to wait then :D
cheers!