Recent Topics

Ads

Words of advice

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Unstoppable1776
Banned

Words of advice

Post#1 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:08 pm

Be careful on the class changes.
No one is going to come back to a broken game if you change the classechanics and destroy their toon of choice. Not everyone can play hours upon hours leveling up a toon. People read the class description selected their toon and leveled it up. If you upset them, and make a class not fun for them after years of playing.. they leave and population gets worse. Instead of focusing on these huge changes put focus on making very small changes. Like why hasn't ruin, red-eye, beastlord gear been updated for dps healers?(yet the next dungeon you are going to force people to be full redye which has mix stats?.... When is this new gear set out? What's the status on fortress? Those are the topics that should be discussed you take away something from live you will lose people, not gain. Just look at how many people you upset in that balance thread. And it's funny how aomoen comments on the Choppa pull when that "balance mods" doesn't have a Choppa. The random pull can suck just as much as it can be nice. From my experience on a 40 Choppa it just put free immunities on people.

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: Words of advice

Post#2 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:11 pm

Unstoppable1776 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:08 pm The random pull can suck just as much as it can be nice. From my experience on a 40 Choppa it just put free immunities on people.
You're probably not using it properly then (no offence intended) as it is an incredibly powerful form of CC when used in conjunction with massive AoE damage/debilitating effects.

It is not our intent to 'destroy' any class, so we would do well to do away with that misconception. There is no agenda to castrate classes for no reason, but if things are overperforming then they will be looked at. That is just the direction we will go.

I actually have a Choppa, but that's besides the point, and we intend to speak to Choppas (who are known to be impartial) when we get to the Choppa stuff.

adamthelc

Post#3 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:41 am

So you want them to make the changes to things you dont like, but not to make changes to the things you do like?

They SHOULD be careful when making changes, but your post just kind of sounds like you want to dictate what they do.

I think some good advice for players would be to have some patients. I understand wanting things to be like live, but that ship has sailed. You seem to acknowledge that some of the changes can be good. The current iteration of get to da choppa, is NOT from live.

Some people will always overreact to balance changes, that's never going to change so they cant let it deter them from what they think is right. Ultimately how well the game does will coincide with how well they do at balance. I'm sure they know that and dont need anyone to remind them.

Again some good advice for players is wait until all the dust settles before you freak out about everything.

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#4 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:47 am

??? I think you need to read my post again. Fortresses, and city was in live. That's not a change. Changing gear to be useful is correcting a mistake.

And I could careless. I'm just warning make changes to the toon they love in the wrong way, people will definitely leave. This game doesn't hit over 800 people. Back in December it was 1100 plus

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#5 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:49 am

And I didn't like get to the Choppa. I speced single. But give someone a cookie just to take it away makes people upset. If you make changes do it right the first time because each mess up is going to cost population. Just like the nerfing of conq and Dom. I think it's a wise move but it's hurting this server.

kauyon1

Post#6 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:59 am

GTDC worked like that in December?

oaliaen

Post#7 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:13 am

i agree..much more when we speak about choppa class. everybody knows choppa in ror is bad. turned ok after gtdc and now you take off again. If you make changes do it right, like 'Stomp da yard' in gtdc slot.

Tesq

Post#8 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:46 am

I do not see gtdc good i just see improper use..
... The line they have done is pretty fine with wl immidiatly, i would had put aoe wh/we feedback immidiatly after it tought.

Is a good thing that classes viability get look at.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#9 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:25 am

oaliaen wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:13 am i agree..much more when we speak about choppa class. everybody knows choppa in ror is bad. turned ok after gtdc and now you take off again. If you make changes do it right, like 'Stomp da yard' in gtdc slot.
Choppa is better than it ever was on live. Choppa can do more than aoe pull.
Dying is no option.

Telen
Suspended

Post#10 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:31 am

So there was 1100 online in December - No GTTC
Now theres 800 max - With GTTC

Your own logic tells the opposite story. GTTC lost us 300 players 'apparently'.