Recent Topics

Ads

Words of advice

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
DanielWinner

Re: Words of advice

Post#21 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:01 pm

Since OP got an answer from several members of the team, I could only thank him for the input and move this thread to Offtopic.

If you still want to discuss something, feel free to do that but, please, don’t whine or trollpost.

Thank you for your active participation in the server’s life.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Ads
Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#22 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:55 pm

Yaliskah wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:27 pm
Unstoppable1776 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:08 pm Be careful on the class changes.
No one is going to come back to a broken game if you change the classechanics and destroy their toon of choice. Not everyone can play hours upon hours leveling up a toon. People read the class description selected their toon and leveled it up. If you upset them, and make a class not fun for them after years of playing.. they leave and population gets worse. Instead of focusing on these huge changes put focus on making very small changes. Like why hasn't ruin, red-eye, beastlord gear been updated for dps healers?(yet the next dungeon you are going to force people to be full redye which has mix stats?.... When is this new gear set out? What's the status on fortress? Those are the topics that should be discussed you take away something from live you will lose people, not gain. Just look at how many people you upset in that balance thread. And it's funny how aomoen comments on the Choppa pull when that "balance mods" doesn't have a Choppa. The random pull can suck just as much as it can be nice. From my experience on a 40 Choppa it just put free immunities on people.
Unstoppable1776;

I understand your concerns, and you are not the only one to think this. All the purpose of this re-organisation we are trying to put in place since weeks now, and especially about balance organisation ( it takes lot of time) is designed to involve everyone at some level in balance definition.

Your doubts have been raised in the team days ago and i'm confident that everyone in and out the team will try his best to participate as much as possible to make this game balance better respecting classes as much as possible.

Now have no crystal ball to assure you everything will be fine and perfect. But at least, i think it can work and give satisfaction to everyone in the end (even "we" (anyone) will have to make some copromise for the general balance of the game).

Dan and Jon will propose you future changes precisely, in the limit of what we are able to do, respecting as much as possible archetype/class DNA, and if you (community) think these propositions go too far or have breach, you will have the power to argument. Purpose being to find solutions and acceptable compromise to have an enjoyable GENERAL playground ( i insist on general).

Wishing you a nice day.
I really apprecaite the thoughtful response, and taking your time out of your day. I am glad you have taken a more leadership role in the development into this game.

Sadly its hard for me to provide feedback in the original priority topic, since i have been banned from the balance forums. Additionally Why are several "fusion" members controlling the balance of discussions on your forums? I can see having 1, but more then that you will start catering to a particular view, and a view that that will be pushed/and has to the top.

Example: Dok get labeled as pug killer and too much sustaining life. While WP discussion is more dmg(it doesn't include the sustain. DPS WP have way more sustaining capabilties than a dps dok. WP have wounds buff, they have sigmars shield, they have an ability that increases their parry.

Why did Engis get a armor penetration buff, when their dmg is already great. They already had a turret, to reduce armor, 40% dmg increase on turret, WS tactics...etc. Yet they get buffed again.

I didn't want to stretch it this far, but who mains a DPS WP, and a engi?

Why was Mara M2 touched. Mara don't have a single good M2. Yet engi M3 does 2400 dmg. Mara don't even have a good M3. They have good M1s and thats it.

The last post in this thread(before this one) Is a fusion mod telling me its a whine post, when in fact the original post was just me being a proactive warhammer community voicing my opinions respectfully.

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#23 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:00 pm

Reesh wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:34 pm
diedrake wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:19 pm Drastic changes are one of many reasons why players may leave the game.
Actually, drastic changes are needed to some classes, like kotbs/chosen, or, drastically tweaking trees of others by making them viable in one way they weren't, like AoE of WE/WH/WL, or, just fixing the drastic imbalance.
there should not be drastics changes to a KOTBS/chosen. They are easier tanks to play, and their should be a tank class for casual players. If higher skill level players want to play a more involved tank class they have those options. Don't weed out people that are not at that capability, can't handle tons of ability, or possibly have a handicap. If its a small change fine, but their should be a classes set for all skill levels, and still be efffective.

catholicism198

Post#24 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:00 pm

Girl, please.

This is just another veiled attempt to get them to change the stats on certain sets to suit your play-style.

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#25 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:03 pm

You can make the sets willpower for all I care. I want them to be useful as I stated before. Just make it heal or dps, not a mix.

Nice try though and trying to derail my valid concern

dansari

Post#26 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:24 pm

Unstoppable1776 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:55 pm I really apprecaite the thoughtful response, and taking your time out of your day. I am glad you have taken a more leadership role in the development into this game.

Sadly its hard for me to provide feedback in the original priority topic, since i have been banned from the balance forums. Additionally Why are several "fusion" members controlling the balance of discussions on your forums? I can see having 1, but more then that you will start catering to a particular view, and a view that that will be pushed/and has to the top.

Example: Dok get labeled as pug killer and too much sustaining life. While WP discussion is more dmg(it doesn't include the sustain. DPS WP have way more sustaining capabilties than a dps dok. WP have wounds buff, they have sigmars shield, they have an ability that increases their parry.

Why did Engis get a armor penetration buff, when their dmg is already great. They already had a turret, to reduce armor, 40% dmg increase on turret, WS tactics...etc. Yet they get buffed again.

I didn't want to stretch it this far, but who mains a DPS WP, and a engi?

Why was Mara M2 touched. Mara don't have a single good M2. Yet engi M3 does 2400 dmg. Mara don't even have a good M3. They have good M1s and thats it.

The last post in this thread(before this one) Is a fusion mod telling me its a whine post, when in fact the original post was just me being a proactive warhammer community voicing my opinions respectfully.
You were banned from the balance forums for constant whining and derailing. Based on your recent posts I'm not sure if reverting the ban would make the balance forums any better, honestly. You picking two classes out of the laundry list of priorities to find some small way to attack peter is really quite embarrassing. You may disagree with our approach, but please represent yourself better than strawmanning an argument.

Case in point: Mara m2 was changed at the same time BW m2 was changed, conveniently left out of your comparison. Both served the purpose of stacking one dps class in warbands. Both were necessary to change that stacking mentality so that every dps class can be viable.

Engy received a viable 13pt Rifleman because it did not have a viable 13pt Rifleman ability, and honestly, the feedback we've obtained so far has been pretty good: it serves a purpose for helping take down high-armor targets but overall not broken in its approach.

Finally, to dps dok and dps WP. Please don't misrepresent us, though at this point it seems that's your only avenue for building an argument, another strawman approach, if you will.. Due to the faster aa speed and aoe hd on dps dok, it fills a much better role as a dps. DPS WP has maybe more burst, but its overall viability is in a worse state. You also can't take the wounds buff when you're playing full Wrath, which you already know and have conveniently left out again to give your whine that much more false credibility. We'll be pulling in members of the community to discuss dps dok and dps WP in due time, as we do with all of our changes, though these members will need to be impartial to bias. Safe to say present company has shown they are not.
<Salt Factory>

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#27 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:33 pm

The community managers are horrible. I can even see complaints I'm the other topics.

Another reason this server pop got hit hard.

And yes I'm not going to respond to each one. Why would I when any post I make you quickly shut down. You call my guild trash and dumpster.

Your team put down pugs give them labels and tell them how to play. How about you let people play what they want. When the casual player base is 90 percent of the pop.

dansari

Post#28 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:40 pm

Unstoppable1776 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:33 pm Why would I when any post I make you quickly shut down. You call my guild trash and dumpster.

Your team put down pugs give them labels and tell them how to play. How about you let people play what they want. When the casual player base is 90 percent of the pop.
I only shut down your posts because they're filled with soooo much whining and misinformation, man. We don't put down pugs at all. We've never told pugs how to play. We always let people play what they want. /shrug
<Salt Factory>

Ads
Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#29 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:46 pm

I think you should read the "any rewards...." topic that begs to differ

And as a community manager you shouldn't see any community members concerns and ideas as whining at the very least state that.

You took upon a leadership role in this community, so you should step up your game and act like a community manager, instead of sounding like another "whine" community member.

peterthepan3

Post#30 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:50 pm

Unstoppable1776 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:46 pm I think you should read the "any rewards...." topic that begs to differ

And as a community manager you shouldn't see any community members concerns and ideas as whining at the very least state that.

You took upon a leadership role in this community, so you should step up your game and act like a community manager, instead of sounding like another "whine" community member.

Dan is actually a Balance Moderator.

On another note: I find it hard to take seriously your pug apologist/anti-elitist vibe, when such declarations as 'ICONIC are the best/unbeaten 6v6/run order/no challenges tonight' are regular occurrences whenever I see you in-game. I mean for heaven's sake pick one or the other.