Recent Topics

Ads

[Slayer] Guide - How to take lickin' and keep on skippin'

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Darosh
Banned

Re: [Slayer] Guide - How to take lickin' and keep on skippin'

Post#51 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:33 pm

In regards to entirely new midgets:
Spoiler:
Fallenkezef wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:27 pm Darosh makes excellent points. I went into 40/41 with a merc glass cannon build. Wasnt long till I respecced a defensive build till I had full genesis and the subjugator hitty stick.
Mind you, you can find posts of me from time before the (re)introduction of the dynamic damage and the change to avoidance - back then going def was essentially pointless. Sorc Rotation + WoP/VoT/x dot sticking to you and applying the damage you'd take on the basis of the state you've been in at the moment of application, i.e. in red (+ debuffed) 24/7 - prompting people to go full on glass regardless the circumstances...
It was fun in a sense and you could deal with the squishness, as you've been squishy one way or another. Now that midgets have an actual option to min/max their stuff without invetiably imploding in whatever format and essentially regardless of opposition (/and or the carrying they enjoy [gief pocket IB,plox]), they are advised to do so - the excuse of 'I am glass anyway' (one, then, could utter to oneself) is gone, so that, and you'll agree, the burnout picks up... the lack of consistency in combination with certain expectations (whatever those may be) is a hell of a poison.

TLDR:
You don't have to go head first through a wall anymore, you have a (second - if you discard grouping -, new and - depending on your perspective and your relationship to the age-old one - shinier) door now ~ use it.
Learn the limitations of the class; make friends along the way by performing well and drawing attention to yourself by not roleplaying, but playing a Slayer.

*Logging in after work for 1hr, risking to keep dying 55min straight (= unguarded, unhealed, unassisted, ungeared, glass) is akin to watching a droplet of white paint dry on an already white background - you essentially become a NPC for others. I for one couldn't be arsed.

On topic: I appreaciate your effort, Elio. You can use the wiki to reference stuff (gear etc.), fyi.

Ads
SirPhyco

Post#52 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:49 pm

As a new slayer thanks for the awesome guide!
Love the inclusion of a pic of your ability bar.
Would love to see more guides like this on the forum.

To the comments i know its not perfection but it's a great start. Following the debate i feel i have a good start on where to go with a slayer now.
Thorbek Ironoath (Salt Factory)

Fallenkezef

Post#53 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:39 am

Managed to break my leg at work so have a fair few weeks to kill. Think I'll try Slayer again an see if I learned from my mistakes.
Alea iacta est

Smellybelly

Post#54 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:11 am

I think it was an excellent guide for new players in general, perhaps you could remake this guide into a more general one? Its quite confusing for newbies in regards to how to get this and that item and when to get it or why etc.

xarfay

Post#55 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:42 am

i think this guide was a really good one, and i did not find a better topic for that, so i will ask here for some advice.

I´ve just started a slayer and want to play this as a small scale group/zerg player, so not solo based one.
So i need a propper build for the future for an AOE based slayer, (i guess its skavenslayer tree).

I am currently lvl 23 and RR nearly 38. so if someone has a good build or even sone advices for me, which skills/tactics/morals or whatever i should use, i really appricate it and would be happy about it.

thx in advance

Toshutkidup

Post#56 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:50 am

xarfay wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:42 am i think this guide was a really good one, and i did not find a better topic for that, so i will ask here for some advice.

I´ve just started a slayer and want to play this as a small scale group/zerg player, so not solo based one.
So i need a propper build for the future for an AOE based slayer, (i guess its skavenslayer tree).

I am currently lvl 23 and RR nearly 38. so if someone has a good build or even sone advices for me, which skills/tactics/morals or whatever i should use, i really appricate it and would be happy about it.

thx in advance
I have been out of the 6man / Warband Slayer game for a long time now so this advice in a build could be out of date or outright incorrect. However I Will share it anyway.

https://ror-career-builder.herokuapp.co ... ,4062,4060
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

xarfay

Post#57 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:02 pm

thx mate!!!

michela89

Post#58 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:07 pm

I have a couple of things I needed to know about the Slayer:

do you guys use the Toughness and WS buffs? they seem quite pointless to me, like use it or not it doesn't change a thing actually. Maybe the WS buff if I am in a HEAVY melee group for some reason but yea...

Should I be using Relentless Strike instead of Pulverizing Strike(in your typical Troll/skaven build)? weave it with something else to make use of the dot maybe... but even then it seem like more work for very little pay.

Ads
Toshutkidup

Post#59 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:48 pm

michela89 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:07 pm I have a couple of things I needed to know about the Slayer:

do you guys use the Toughness and WS buffs? they seem quite pointless to me, like use it or not it doesn't change a thing actually. Maybe the WS buff if I am in a HEAVY melee group for some reason but yea...

Should I be using Relentless Strike instead of Pulverizing Strike(in your typical Troll/skaven build)? weave it with something else to make use of the dot maybe... but even then it seem like more work for very little pay.
I use the buffs when I remember to use them. For grp / Warband play anything is useful as a nuff. Solo play eh... I usually forget. I use Pulverizing myself as my anytime spam.

Keep in mind, again this is from PoV of solo.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

michela89

Post#60 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:08 am

Well that's what I do too, relentless strike might even be a dps increase if weaved to make use of the 3 seconds dot but ,for me, it's still not worth the hassle of using an additional keybind just for a veeeeeeery marginal dps increase (if even).

The group buffs (aside Gudrun which is good) I feel like I am just wasting a GCD. I would like to seem them reworked, maybe even merged into a unique decent and worthy of use buff.

Also I feel like both Relentless Strike and Spine Crusher are lacking something. If a class goes deep into a tree but still use the 0 mastery point skill from the middle tree, there is something wrong in my opinion.

Spine Crusher if I check the builder does just slightly more damage than Pulv Strike (which has a toughness debuff tho, so the difference is even less than that). Costs a bit less at least but it is a positional while Pulv is mongo style.
This style makes no sense to me. It's like a sundering chop that lacks the sundering.

ps: these are just my 2 cents of what I think about these skills, nothing else