Recent Topics

Ads

Game crashes shortly after start

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
rrog

Re: Game crashes shortly after start

Post#41 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:38 pm

Yes, this is happening to me also. About 5 seconds into the game it crashes.

Ads
TooGraphic

Post#42 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:22 pm

Seems my initial prediction was correct. The new audio file causes a reproducable CTD in Altdorf while the old one causes client lockups in scenarios mostly but sometimes ORvR. For me anyway.

After crashing in Altdorf with the new audio file I replaced it with the old one and was able to traverse Altdorf with no issues. I then left and replaced the audio file again with the new one. I played at least a dozen scenarios and spent a few hours in the lakes with no problem. Before I logged for the night I went back to Altdorf and it crashed in the war quarter again.

Sobi191193

Post#43 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:03 am

Kamakhazi wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:34 am Thanks for the reply but I don’t have any addons running.
The sound is also glitchy, not sure if it’s related?
same here

Bud

Post#44 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:28 am

Is there an alternative method to obtaining the audio.myp? Downloading 1.3GB from Google Drive at a blazing 200 KB/sec isn't... fun.

OmegaAnkh

Post#45 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:12 am

New player here.
Normally, I rarely ever post in forums (rather be playing) but the audio file in this thread fixed my crashing problem, allowing me to play.

Would like to draw attention to it - took a while before I found this post and its solution. Perhaps add the download to a pinned troubleshooting thread?

bwun

Post#46 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:29 am

Reinstalling now but if that hasn't solved it I'll try the solution from saupreusse. The sound glitch is crazy, I thought my headphones were broken because ingame sound settings made no difference to it.

Right now the launcher is downloading 128,000 manifest files at 1/second though...

darinku

Post#47 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:29 pm

have the same problem I gave the laucher I enter and at 5 seconds I pulled the game but when I return to put the laucher I skip an update of 149.832 and is shot at least a while still asin having fiber any solution ???

darinku

Post#48 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:52 am

someone else gets the error of closed server disconnects you

Ads
dhalamar

Post#49 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:26 pm

the game is continuously closed when it is within a map area delineated in red

yes, it was the sound file

deathwind666

Post#50 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:21 am

Hello new to ROR just had this issue and i went through the sticky didn't find this i searched crashed at starting zone bridge maybe this needs to be added to the sticky ?? if it isn't already and i didn't just miss it :roll: