Recent Topics

Ads

Engineers and Magus unbalance issue

Let's talk about... everything else
peterthepan3

Re: Engineers and Magus unbalance issue

Post#41 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:05 am

I would never trade Aegis for a keg, but to each their own. Aegis is 10000x better for surviving/ohshit moments in all environments other than solo.

Ads
Crumbs

Post#42 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:24 am

adamthelc wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:51 am
Crumbs wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:44 am As controversial as the suggestion is from what I’ve seen of past replies to it, I think it’s necessary for magus to get their own 2s cast stationary heal even if it was to only heal themselves.

I don’t see a reason to not implement this other than “we don’t appeal to mirrors” and I like that because its what makes classes unique... but I dont like it, because that’s actually how you achieve balance so it’s kind of like saying - “we don’t like the conventional method of balancing.”

That being said, magus getting their own keg isn’t so mirrored that there aren’t any differences left between engi and magus anymore, so it’s not so bad as it seems. I think we should make a proposal for a magus keg
I am not saying Magus need a keg, but that suggestion isnt as bad. You are asking for a similar ability between mirrors.

You arent asking for an individual skill to operate differently than the rest of your skills because the way your mirror class operates just happens to work a little bit better in a specific instance.
Yeah well that’s it, an engi can simply perform better in every instance thanks to his keg, can’t deny that. Magus as entire class can’t operate near to how an engi can (in fact no class can), the only way it may surpass an engis capabilities at is ST dps but even that’s debatable with recent buffs. I think magus desperately needs a keg mirror, even without the group heal aspect.
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

peterthepan3

Post#43 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:38 am

Crumbs wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:24 am
Crumbs wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:44 am As controversial as the suggestion is from what I’ve seen of past replies to it, I think it’s necessary for magus to get their own 2s cast stationary heal even if it was to only heal themselves.

I don’t see a reason to not implement this other than “we don’t appeal to mirrors” and I like that because its what makes classes unique... but I dont like it, because that’s actually how you achieve balance so it’s kind of like saying - “we don’t like the conventional method of balancing.”

That being said, magus getting their own keg isn’t so mirrored that there aren’t any differences left between engi and magus anymore, so it’s not so bad as it seems. I think we should make a proposal for a magus keg
I am not saying Magus need a keg, but that suggestion isnt as bad. You are asking for a similar ability between mirrors.

You arent asking for an individual skill to operate differently than the rest of your skills because the way your mirror class operates just happens to work a little bit better in a specific instance.
Yeah well that’s it, an engi can simply perform better in every instance thanks to his keg, can’t deny that. Magus as entire class can’t operate near to how an engi can (in fact no class can), the only way it may surpass an engis capabilities at is ST dps but even that’s debatable with recent buffs. I think magus desperately needs a keg mirror, even without the group heal aspect.
Magus has higher PBAOE burst, has the same/if not better mid-range AOE dps due to Firestorm, and higher potential ST burst. Engineer can swap targets faster, and has more on-demand burst (in my experiences playing both, anyway).

Unnecessarily giving them Keg would do nothing, and merely help them in some solo encounters (vs deftard tank,perhaps?). I don't understand the reasoning behind such a request: Aegis is head and shoulders above Keg in many situations (particularly for ohshit moments).

Crumbs

Post#44 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:55 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:05 am I would never trade Aegis for a keg, but to each their own. Aegis is 10000x better for surviving/ohshit moments in all environments other than solo.
Well these are solo classes we’re talking about not inherently the best in group situations. Why take a magus over a sorc that walks up to you and melts 6k of your hp on top of healdebuffs and very mobile high damage? A landmine for utility is not much competition. And that’s a reality, the fact a magus can only be played in a group is a big drawback, and it’s not even suited for it as others are.

Also they don’t compete in keep defence/attack and not by a long shot without constant attention from a healer, engis don’t have to worry, they can set up -anywhere-

And yeah maybe one oshit moment every 1 minute and then it’s back to not even risking popping your head out for 1 moment because a single dot will finish you, I’ve had keg heals crit burst heal me for 900hp, + crit tactics that modify its healcrit chance and damage crit chance (now with a 100ft range)

the pressure an engi can sustain because of this is just greater. And I’ve won SCs thanks solely to keg and some smart players that know the correct time to pull back for respite, or pounce. Without that they’d be toast. I’ve yet to see any magus even come close to competing with me lately except Ngnl, and even then he’s not always on the offensive like I am.

An engi can be independent of his group even when in a group and is able to branch out for quick 1v1 kills, eg a pugging sorc, SH or magus.

And pug does not = trash, it means they are not in a group, but when they play smart in the shadow of a solid group, they match up or even surpass that group’s primary dps. Being able to take out these players is an engis specialty
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

Nidwin

Post#45 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:15 am

It's always pros and cons and I don't see how this could be properly fixed anyway. We need to have Chaotic Rift based on INT, our main standard offensive stat, so the disrupt "issues" can't be avoided. I don't consider the disrupt a true issue but part of the gameplay.

I'm happy when I pull up to 3, a forth one is a big bonus and once in a blue moon you know.

I still would like to have that delay reverted and removed from chaotic rift as it feels extremely clunky, least to stay. I presume that perfect mirroring sometimes does make sense to some folks.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Crumbs

Post#46 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:15 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:38 am
Crumbs wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:24 am

Magus has higher PBAOE burst, has the same/if not better mid-range AOE dps due to Firestorm, and higher potential ST burst. Engineer can swap targets faster, and has more on-demand burst (in my experiences playing both, anyway).

Unnecessarily giving them Keg would do nothing, and merely help them in some solo encounters (vs deftard tank,perhaps?). I don't understand the reasoning behind such a request: Aegis is head and shoulders above Keg in many situations (particularly for ohshit moments).
I’ll admit to magus potentially dealing better aoe burst
But it’s situational, and not with the bugs firestorm has right now. And it doesn’t deal higher st burst, in either change or havoc. Recent buffs to rifleman make them hit like trucks, they hit equally as hard, they burst faster, have autoattacks, healers can often get soloed in one rotation, even doks. They still can’t kill tanks but that’s not a problem and they have other tools to deal with that.

That’s where grenade comes in, by swapping out master aim for the fightin chance you take the best of both worlds, an extra 10% innate armour pen for your auto attacks and rifleman abilities, retaining the BS. Phosphorous shells doing great burst at 100ft range default (crazy) and then providing a dot that hurts almost as much as a friction burn (7dots total). Magus gets an immobile storm best suited for funnel, and its elemental skills don’t match up as well because they don’t get crit modifiers (40%+)for all of their abilities like engi do, they can’t debuff it either. Grenade Engi can aoe and provide higher ST burst than rifleman or havoc if they’re allowed to ramp up.

Not to mention engis now have an instant free aoe knockback. I don’t see magus having IFOC as a standard stock ability
Last edited by Crumbs on Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

Maroe337

Post#47 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:57 am

Crumbs

Post#48 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:28 am

Maroe337 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:57 am Magus burst
https://imgur.com/f02cKxq
I’ve critted higher on snipe, no biggie. Those are just magus/engi numbers vs a target with low toughness and resists, basically no defenses. Let’s see those numbers on defensive healers
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

Ads
Glorian

Post#49 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:20 am

Engis free 1second cast AoE Knockback is the reason you can't get a good pull on any wb these days if the hero pug Engi decided to strafing run the destro meele warband right at the beginning of the encounter.

Be happy you don't have a free strafing run on destro. I'm not kidding.

bulgy70
Suspended

Post#50 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:14 am

I am not asking for the Magus to have the engi's keg or anything else, all i am asking is that the Magus Rift is using the same math equation as the engi. So that both pulls are as equal as each other.