Recent Topics

Ads

One thing you gotta love about Age of Conan.

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Zxul

One thing you gotta love about Age of Conan.

Post#1 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:07 pm

Video which got me interested in AoC, long time ago (think its beta footage):

Click here to watch on YouTube

Some graphics you just gotta respect :D

Anyway though, while on break from War, always wondered about Dark Templar class (back when I tried AoC, it was on a free Demo on Rage server). Can you solo pvp on one, or are they turtle tank only?
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
Mykomark

Re: One thing you gotta love about Age of Conan.

Post#2 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:18 pm

DT is very dependant on AA (alternate advancement perks). But after you get all needed AA perks, basically def DT (with all def gear) can out dps almost all dps classes.

michela89

Post#3 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:11 am

I used to play AoC, my main was an assassin named fantasma on EU server aquilonia. Good times!

I don't think aoc has changed much since then considering the game is pretty much receiving 0 content.
But I remember that DT in the hand of a good pvper was **** NUTS. Like the othe guy said tho, I think it is AA dependant. I remember this thing called VoM or something like that, that was what made the class very op if used well.

Maybe they nerfed it, maybe not.

kmark101

Post#4 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:51 am

I played AoC a lot, I think it's one of the greatest MMOs of all time and definitely the best contender of "what it could be, if..."

Eventually the unbalance of classes was the reason I stopped it, especially the super op DT with it's Void of Madness perk that made the class a living god. Once the game went to life support all chance was lost of tweak and balance them. It's still an amazing adventure with lots to do, most beautiful dungeons of any MMO ever, where you have to use your brain too not only hack and slash. Especially in Kithai dungeons, the storyline and the atmosphere is best.

Then there is the dungeon called Xibaluku that every MMO player has to see once in their lifetime.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker