Recent Topics

Ads

MVP EVENT : Masks-Vendetta-Propaganda

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
ReturnOfReckoning
Staff

MVP EVENT : Masks-Vendetta-Propaganda

Post#1 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:21 pm

PREAMBLE

This event takes place, right after the recent event, involving Bawon Sanmdi and the discovery of ancient ruins of Black Crag Keep.
Both faction are struggling to gain the upper hand and their respective leaders are looking for each possible advantage to give this long war a favorable direction. But sometimes, solutions come as surprises...

INTRODUCTION

Land of the dead.
Spoiler:
“In this dry and dust country, the dark man was watching his trunk for some hours. Silently. All these candies he had PAINFULLY harvested were all his. He will be well off for the next year, the duration the portal would take to open again. However something was bothering him. And suddenly, he understood - his beloved masks.

IGOOOOOR! WHERE ARE MY MASKS! IN THE NAME OF ME, TELL ME YOU'VE ALREADY STORED THEM! Huh? What? No? What do you mean no? They weren’t in my trunk when I was back? What? Land of the Dead! I told you to keep an eye on it when I had to walk all around the world because of THESE RIDICULOUS LIVING! Uh! What? I didn’t? LIES! What? I went alone? Pfff… MORE LIES! Oh.. ah… yeah you’re right this time, I went alone, I remember now… So where are my masks now? That's a problem… Not sure this little creature will be ready.... Anyway, i can’t do much right now. But I swear on me Igor, that next year, this poor creature who forced me to run all other the world will regret it! And don’t laugh, you are responsible too!”
Another place, another time.
Spoiler:
- Grmpph grmphhh. Grumphh grumph grumph!
-Grm grm!!??
-Grumph grumph..
-Grumph!!
(Ok. You understood, some monsters have found tons of masks, endowed with immense power, giving the ability to his owner to walk through dimensions. And their boss thinks it would be a good idea to invade their capital cities and slaughter each other)
Altdorf.
Spoiler:
“My Lord. It appears a Dwarven King lays dead on the floor!”
Commander Wild Eyed was reading reports from Black Crag Keep expedition corp. Knowing Dwarves, this information would be priceless, it would allow them to push harder, if it was made official… But this wouldn’t help in the actual state of war. Fortresses were an impassable wall to reach this Inevitable City and without the gathering of the entire Order force… Maybe if...

- My Lord! Altdorf is under attack! Some strange creatures are appearing from nowhere and are attacking population! The city guard are reporting they are all using very strange masks. The Bright Wizard Tower is letting you know, they have detected a very powerful, dark magic emanating from these masks. They think they give its owner the power to walk through dimension! It seems that our enemies have infiltrated the city using them! But with all these masks, we don't know who is an infiltrator and who is not...

-Reinforce the defenses and confine fights in a limited perimeter, purge areas, kill innocent if needed. We can't take any risk. Redeploy availables troops in the CIty! Wait! You say these masks give the ability to reach any destination?

-I didn’t say anything my Lord! But the Supreme Patriarch and his council seems to think this is the case.

-Interesting. You enlighten my day officer! Try to collect those mask… they could be useful… and let's turn them against our enemies.

Putting on his cloak and his weapons, the commander saw a perfect plan drawn …
Inevitable City.
Spoiler:
“My Lord. It appears a great Orc Warlord lays dead on the floor!

Twisted Slaughterhag was reading reports from Black Crag Keep expedition corp. Knowing Orcs, this information would be priceless, it would allow them to push harder, if it was made official… But this wouldn’t help in the actual state of war. Fortresses were an impassable wall to reach this Altdorf and without the gathering of the entire Destruction force… Maybe if...
- My Lord! The Inevitable City is under attack! Some strange creatures are appearing from nowhere and are attacking population! The city guard are reporting they are all using very strange masks. The magi of the Lyceum are letting you know, they have detected a very powerful, dark magic emanating from these masks. They think they give its owner the power to walk through dimension! It seems that our enemies have infiltrated the city using them! But with all these masks, we don't know who is an infiltrator and who is not..

-Reinforce the defenses and confine fights in a limited perimeter, purge areas, kill innocent if needed. We can't take any risk. Redeploy availables troops in the CIty! Wait! You say these masks give the ability to reach any destination?
-I didn’t say anything my Lord! But the magi are convinced that's the case.
-Interesting. You enlighten my day officer! Try to collect those mask… they could be useful… and let's turn them against our enemies.

Putting on her cloak and her weapons, the commander saw a perfect plan drawn …
MISSIONS
Masks-Vendetta-Propaganda also called Most Valuable Players is a multiple purpose event.

MASKS
> City public quest
Some monsters have stolen Bawon’s masks to enter your city. Fight them and collect the masks to prepare your little vendetta.

> City quests
Some suspicious persons introduced Bawon masks in the city, spreading rumors against your faction, corrupting inhabitants and making them mad. Stop them all before they put fire to your city.

VENDETTA
> City scenarios
Bawon’s mask gives you the possibility to hurt your enemies in the heart. Equiping a mask gives you the ability to tag for city scenarios. Mark your enemies, kill them and collect rewards.

How to join the city scenarios: You need to be masked to queue the scenario (doesn’t work with Halloween mask, do the quest to get your first mask)

Participate in both Altdorf Warquarter and The Undercroft scenario while wearing a mask (can’t join those scenario without being masked) to receive your MVP token.

PROPAGANDA
> Faction event
Share the story of Dead Kings being assassinated in Black Crag Keep. Revive your faction by spreading these news.

When you’ve collected 100 Vendetta secret list Item (in scenarios), talk to Masked Citizen in any City scenario. Learn the King’s Tale and share it.

In any city scenario, Drop the Lord’s Tales and Share it. To share the tale, simply use the Granted Ability on a friendly player.

MOST VALUABLE PLAYERS
> A faction needs their heroes and their martyrs. Participating in this suicide mission in enemy capital (Vendetta) will probably give you the possibility to be this Hero. Perhaps your sacrifice will be commemorated with a statue in your capital city.

Every 100 point in City Scenario you get a MVP token. The best player of each class will have their statue erected in his capital when event ends. Classement will be updated daily on the forum thread.

NPC
Altdorf: The Live Event Herald for Order is named Wild Eyed Guiltseeker and is located at (26776, 30868) by the Flight Master in Altdorf.
Inevitable City: The Live Event Herald for Destruction is named Twisted Slaughterhag and is located at (29455, 32368) by the Flight Master in the Inevitable City.

MERCHANTS
Goaf Birdsong - same as Halloween Event.

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Re: MVP EVENT : Masks-Vendetta-Propaganda

Post#2 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:35 am

Wearing a mask gives you a passive Renown and XP bonus . Don’t leave it !
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Berzar

Post#3 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:43 am

This sounds super cool. You guys are really doing a great job with these events, and I think the server population is proving that. Keep up the great work guys!

I'll be doing this tonight!
Zarbix - RR84 Bright Wizard / Zarrbix - RR82 Sorcerer / TheZarbix - RR80 Squig Herder / Zarbbix - RR73 White Lion / TheZarrbix - RR60 Archmage

Come watch and join the community!

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/thezarbix

YouTube: https://bit.ly/2rHL8uw

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#4 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:46 am

See you in enemies capitals scenario !

Sulorie

Post#5 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:00 pm

Grunbag wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:35 am Wearing a mask gives you a passive Renown and XP bonus . Don’t leave it !
Do masks use a special slot or replace your helm?
Dying is no option.

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#6 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:01 pm

Helm , only mask with orange color name count

Glorian

Post#7 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:03 pm

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:21 pm ...

MOST VALUABLE PLAYERS
> A faction needs heroes and martyrs. Participating in this suicide mission in enemy capital (Vendetta) will probably give you the possibility to be this Hero. Maybe your statue will be erected in your city.

Every 100 point in capital Scenario you get a MVP token. The best player of each class will have his statue in his capital when event end. Classement will be updated daily on the forum thread.

Ah, my epen is getting big already. ;)
Time to dust of your premades I guess. :D

Sulorie

Post#8 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:05 pm

Grunbag wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:01 pm Helm , only mask with orange color name count
Aw, that breaks my set bonus. :cry:
Dying is no option.

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#9 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:10 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:05 pm
Grunbag wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:01 pm Helm , only mask with orange color name count
Aw, that breaks my set bonus. :cry:

Don’t worry , mask gives you Renown , and xp but also each mask grant you a special and unique ability (check your granted abilities bar)

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#10 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:12 pm

There is 8 mask so 8 unique abilities .

3 mask drop on player kill in city scenario (Altdorf Warquarter and the undercroft )
3 mask drop on player kill in rvr
1 mask is given as reward of mask quest
1 mask drop in city pq gold bag (goreslake pq)