Recent Topics

Ads

Wam/TUP Order Pug Warband Template

Let's talk about... everything else
roadkillrobin

Re: Wam/TUP Order Pug Warband Template

Post#21 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:29 pm

Atleast 1 2hander Kotbs is mandatory, can fill dps or tank slot. Staggering Impact and Arcing Swing with tactic are very good.

Engie with pull and Peirce Defence is also extremly potent. (Could use SW for PD, but damage sucks and LS isn't strong enough to validate boosting 1 BW's output. Maybe if you have to run a 3-2-1 with 1 SW and 2 BW it might be a decent pay of)

Ads
Wam

Post#22 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:21 pm

roadkillrobin wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:29 pm Atleast 1 2hander Kotbs is mandatory, can fill dps or tank slot. Staggering Impact and Arcing Swing with tactic are very good.

Engie with pull and Peirce Defence is also extremly potent. (Could use SW for PD, but damage sucks and LS isn't strong enough to validate boosting 1 BW's output. Maybe if you have to run a 3-2-1 with 1 SW and 2 BW it might be a decent pay of)
I remember 2hander Kotbs being nerfed so its alot less viable than it use to be, just like when chosen 2hander was nerfed so was no longer viable for warband.

Engie is always good just can't overstack them.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

FermJR

Post#23 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:05 pm

Wam wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:21 pm

I'm sure there are some beardlings on order who disagrees :)
Birk
RR8x RP

roadkillrobin

Post#24 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:09 pm

Wam wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:21 pm
roadkillrobin wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:29 pm Atleast 1 2hander Kotbs is mandatory, can fill dps or tank slot. Staggering Impact and Arcing Swing with tactic are very good.

I remember 2hander Kotbs being nerfed so its alot less viable than it use to be, just like when chosen 2hander was nerfed so was no longer viable for warband.

Main thing you want is the Wounds debuff and defence debuff, don't think they nerfed those. You want as much striketrough for your warband as possible, Staggering Impact and PD is very important for burst output.

Mystry
Suspended

Post#25 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:31 pm

Viable AoE build for SW and Engi when?

Greenbeast

Post#26 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:29 pm

Haskr wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:56 pm I also want to say something about this. I play on this server since 2017 and I played tank for CNTK (Fulk) and pain and pleasure (Yaxley).
I don't like warband play at all anymore, I only play solo (SW/WH) or duo/trio (Runepriest), warband play is always very bad lag, it got really really bad I have the impression.
Also I find it quite boring, solo or small group is a really kick for me, but everyone likes different things.
What I don't like is to see all the complaining about no order warbands in chat or forum, why is it a problem? I don't care if destro or order locks the zone, and the more AAO I have the better it is I find. A solo kill with witchhunter gives more rr than most warband experience, also a lot more fun on my end, also as solo and small man you can kite and run away very well, get zerged very rarely.
Also I don't get Altharion above me, why is it bad if TUP or any other warband is in the zone and farm kills? why is it my problem if other order let themselves get farmed? why should i join a warband to stop them? does it matter anythin for whom the zone locks? dont think so at all.
People are way to friendly in this game, if I see a destro he gets chased and then corpsejumped and emotet, its a war going on guys!!!
Nothing bad in TUP farming kills. But playing in a zone with multiple good enemy warbands brings the game on a different level. It is less interesting to brawl with inferior enemy on their warcamp. PnP did most of our progression during events when we fought TUP, DnD, CntK and Bitterstones.
This game is all about community. That's why I would love to see more organized communitys on order side.
More gossips, more banter, more challenges means more fun atleast for me.

Thank you Wam for sharing this.

Haskr

Post#27 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:34 pm

Greenbeast wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:29 pm
Haskr wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:56 pm I also want to say something about this. I play on this server since 2017 and I played tank for CNTK (Fulk) and pain and pleasure (Yaxley).
I don't like warband play at all anymore, I only play solo (SW/WH) or duo/trio (Runepriest), warband play is always very bad lag, it got really really bad I have the impression.
Also I find it quite boring, solo or small group is a really kick for me, but everyone likes different things.
What I don't like is to see all the complaining about no order warbands in chat or forum, why is it a problem? I don't care if destro or order locks the zone, and the more AAO I have the better it is I find. A solo kill with witchhunter gives more rr than most warband experience, also a lot more fun on my end, also as solo and small man you can kite and run away very well, get zerged very rarely.
Also I don't get Altharion above me, why is it bad if TUP or any other warband is in the zone and farm kills? why is it my problem if other order let themselves get farmed? why should i join a warband to stop them? does it matter anythin for whom the zone locks? dont think so at all.
People are way to friendly in this game, if I see a destro he gets chased and then corpsejumped and emotet, its a war going on guys!!!
Nothing bad in TUP farming kills. But playing in a zone with multiple good enemy warbands brings the game on a different level. It is less interesting to brawl with inferior enemy on their warcamp. PnP did most of our progression during events when we fought TUP, DnD, CntK and Bitterstones.
This game is all about community. That's why I would love to see more organized communitys on order side.
More gossips, more banter, more challenges means more fun atleast for me.

Thank you Wam for sharing this.
Do you remember that drunken black orc always around and never following? Is he still around? P&P was great fun, we even wiped TUP once or twice (on their inferiour order toons xD)! :D

roadkillrobin

Post#28 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:47 pm

Mystry wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:31 pm Viable AoE build for SW and Engi when?
They allready have it kinda.
Both would be considered Support-dps for BW/Slayers/dps Runies.
Engies have it's pull for PBAOE warband and pretty decent AoE preassure
SW have pretty mediocre AoE dps but able to crit boost which becomes really good with dps runies heal debuff when you stack it with Kotbs Dirty tricksl.

Both classes have Pierce Defences wich imo is a key tactic for warbands and warrent 1 or 2 in each warbands. If you run a warband with less then 6 BW you really need to run a dps Runie.

Ads
Aurandilaz

Post#29 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:10 pm

It's not worth it any longer after nerf to the tactic that allowed 10% chance to be crit on enemies, now its bound to a 10s CD 9 target AOE ability, chance of applying it are far more limited and you are facing opportunity cost of dropping actual tanky-tank for a 2h "please heal me a lot" kotb.

And regarding your SW comments, they are pure trash atm for Warbands. Maybe change in future, maybe not. One Engi for PD is enough, and even they are picked mostly for the utility that Magnet brings. Dropping below 6 BWs is kinda critical for Order wb dmg output, which means the combined M2 burst drops from 8 bws at 9600 to 7 bws with 8400 to 6 bws with 7200... any more loss of BW spot means a failed M2 drop, meaning not enough critical mass to cause kills when facing a dedicated Destro warband tankline with chosens and Borks both over 10k wounds.
Obviously when bashing pugs you can maybe do with less BWs, but generally speaking any non-BW as dps in warband is a risk and just weakens the overall dmg pressure that the WB can achieve.

wonshot

Post#30 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:53 am

This topic idea holds about as much potential as the server itself, but is held back due to it being a private server (harsh truth)

That priority list was pretty much the only hope I had left for the project after Aza left, and after it got gutted along with the "balancing team" I think most of community realized the balance will be hard-stuck how it is. So yeah joke about "bring more BW" but that is how it will be, unless some of the volenteers on dev team gets super motivated.

As for the topic of Order right now on this patch, there are no unguilded hidden gems of amazing players and the guilds are falling apart. And since the server is not really managing to hold on to the players when they become competitive, this seem to be going in one direction. Untill someone on destro will figure out the aao is too juicy, but then realize how boring BW meta is and quit.

Not like this was not spoken of months ago, but nothing happends and that is a danm shame (do the danm priority list and stop vetoing changes because War might actually be ending despite the motto)
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO