Recent Topics

Ads

Launcher error after last update

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
nortes

Launcher error after last update

Post#1 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:33 pm

Anyone can help? :/
Launcher does not work after this.

Ads
MaxHayman
Management

Re: Launcher error after last update

Post#2 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:14 pm

Are you starting the RoRUpdater every time?
Run the RoRLauncher.exe. Or run RoRUpdater as admin.
Max Hayman

mybulldozer

Post#3 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:15 pm

I am getting the same error. Running RoRLauncher.exe every time and every time connect button not available, instead update is the only thing to click(it's red before being clicked). It then runs an update and when finished the above "an error occured..." message pops up.

MaxHayman
Management

Post#4 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:27 am

Download it directly from here and place in the folder.

http://launcher.returnofreckoning.com/RoRLauncher.exe
Max Hayman

zabis

Post#5 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:57 am

I had to go into Windows Defender and allow Trojan:Win32/Zpevdo.B to bypass the error
Soulcheg wrote:Want mirrored classes - play chess.
Genisaurus wrote:You are not entitled to Best-in-Slot gear just because you log on.

Thoruic

Post#6 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:33 am

I had the same issue. I had to delete and completely reinstall the game. Now I have tried to download the game through the RoR launcher from the download full game link. I go through the setup and it keep saying my internet connection has been dropped, retry. Keeps spamming that all the time and I cant continue. So something is wrong your end because my internet is fine

Bloodsaint12

Post#7 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:22 am

I too am getting a block in my Windows Defender for "Trojan:Win32/Zpevdo.B", is this something to not worry about?

Nidwin

Post#8 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:36 am

Bloodsaint12 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:22 am I too am getting a block in my Windows Defender for "Trojan:Win32/Zpevdo.B", is this something to not worry about?
No. It's safe and nothing to worry about. Just exclude it and you should be fine.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Ads
Laurentz

Post#9 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:06 pm

I am now getting the same error as Nortes. My game started having issues launching RORLauncher.exe yesterday. The game got totally hung up on the loading screen (before you get to the characters when Mythic logo is showing). It forced me to restart my computer. On restart the RORLauncher file was screwed up, like no icon for the file, just a white block and the name.

I've already been through the issue of having it recognized as a virus and dealt with that. I have tried every option listed in the forums now. The only thing that worked was to get the zip file of RORLauncher, RORUpdater, WAR, WAR-64 and the mythloginserviceconfig (forgot which thread I got this zip file from). When I extracted to the folder and overwrote I was able to start the game with an old school Mythic startup. Had to reconfigure my game settings once I was inside also. When I tried to run this again today I get exactly the error Nortes had. Re-extracting these files and overwriting does not work now for some reason.

The RORUpdater always hangs halfway into the RORLauncher then gives me a big window filled with at.System blah blah stuff.

Viperstongue

Post#10 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:14 pm

MaxHayman wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:14 pm Run the RoRLauncher.exe. Or run RoRUpdater as admin.
@MaxHayman : I've been using the old launcher (version 3.1.1.4) for a while, as it was usable as a standard user.
But it seems that newer ones (e.g. 3.3.2.9) now require adlmin rights to run (change in the manifest from requestedExecutionLevel level="asInvoker" to requestedExecutionLevel level="requireAdministrator")

Is a switch back to "asinvoker" possible, so that users without admin rights can update & launch the game ?