Recent Topics

Ads

Server Patch notes 01/12/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Manatikik

Re: Server Patch notes 01/12/2018

Post#51 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:46 am

Just wondering what the rationale behind 4 day lockout vs the 3 day that was on Live for dungeons?
<Montague><Capulet>

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#52 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:24 am

bichka wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:20 am And what prevent to switch to another account?

Code black magic.

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#53 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:54 am

What recent changes on sentinel ?
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Dammy095

Post#54 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:13 am

Grunbag wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:54 am What recent changes on sentinel ?
healers proc changed back to barrier
SH proc changed to healdebuff instead of disorient
tanks proc changed to same as conq instead of movement speed
slayer/choppa changed to heal on being hit instead of +crit boost

for example

MaxHayman
Management

Post#55 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:25 am

Hotfix notes added
Max Hayman

doenny

Post#56 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:34 pm

Dammy095 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:46 am
Grunbag wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:14 pm

Every new dungeons will need previous dungeon wards

City dungeons (gunbad wards)
BaStion stairs (city dungeons wards)
Lost vale (bastion stair wards)
Etc
progression looks interesting, but last tier sets should worth it , to farm all the previous ones
for example, after recent changes to sentinel its not that appealing for some classes anymore, rather just get easy vanq
i mean it would suck to do gunbad,city dungeons and bastion just to know lost vale set not worth it
Hi,
first thank you devs so much for huge new content pump.

Second, let me express here my humble opinion on wards locks.

This way how you choose it, you force pl to do something. I dont like that idea (noone likes it even in real life;). Even in rvr can everyone go every fight-zone, if they have bad gear, they have more disadvantage. I know is also about numbers, but hoping you get my point here.

I would rather see this (not sure if on live to) use of wards, means for every ward set item have dmg reduction from boss and mobs in dungs.

This system will provide people freedom to go everywhere, even maybe help one bad geared buddy to get better gear form higher dung etc. And why not? Just with this attitude, you are giving more possiblities to community then just forcing them to do something.

Me personally was farming city dung before wards for this case to have at least some pieces to have dmg reduction so I can continue them farming when wards are up cause I love this instances (nostalgy?). Instead of it I am force to do Gunbad, which I really dont like as instance itself :(

Another thing for needed time investment is, please, take more time and make those new dung sets (not just pve but even issue for rvr gear) more badass looking. For many of us the time investment only for badass looking gear might be enough reward then few more points in armor or stats. Am not talking here about souverign, there is still I think many other baddass looking gears that just released ones.

I think with this approach will benefit all sides - creaters-devs and community to.

Thank you for reading my thoughts

Salute for great work so far

BR Donny
Donnyen - Swordmaster rr80
Huguess - Knight of the Blazing Sun rr65
Bernardt - Warrior Priest rr65
Galalsandar - White Lion rr60

Hargrim
Developer

Post#57 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:46 pm

doenny wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:34 pm ...

Thing is, the current system was not designed to give players the freedom and convenience of doing whatever they want, it was designed to populate the dungeons. If we require some runs in each instance this means there will be more players around willing to run it and it will be easier to find people to do the dungeons with.

The dmg reduction idea is, well, bad, because only tanks and maybe melee DPS need to have wards to attempt to do the dungeons - healers and RDPS can ignore it or find a way to bug the wards mechanics to ignore the penalties.

By the end of the day it will be something like 5 dungeons total, each will require between 10 and 20 hours to complete the set if you are unlucky.

As for set appearances, we don't have that many of them available and each dungeon one is, well, assigned to the dungeon already.

doenny

Post#58 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:58 pm

Hargrim wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:46 pm
doenny wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:34 pm ...
Arguments taken, thank you Hargrim for reply. Well, will get big barrel of beer to survive 5x20 hours in Gunbad runs for all my toons:)

BR Đ
Donnyen - Swordmaster rr80
Huguess - Knight of the Blazing Sun rr65
Bernardt - Warrior Priest rr65
Galalsandar - White Lion rr60

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#59 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:17 pm

Are there to by ANY kind of synergy with Dark Rites and the other mastery trees? Prayer of Salvation is actutally usefull and worth pumping levels into due to no ICD on the proc, but DoK's Covenants are completly useless in warband settings. There's no reason to not max Dark Rites for DoK in ORVR atm. You basicly have mastery points that doesn't do jack.

Rydiak

Post#60 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:25 pm

roadkillrobin wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:17 pm Are there to by ANY kind of synergy with Dark Rites and the other mastery trees? Prayer of Salvation is actutally usefull and worth pumping levels into due to no ICD on the proc, but DoK's Covenants are completly useless in warband settings. There's no reason to not max Dark Rites for DoK in ORVR atm. You basicly have mastery points that doesn't do jack.
I would say Devour Essence is still completely worth grabbing, but I'd also say maxing Dark Rites is worth it for the increased ability levels. I know when I play Salvation I always max that tree to maximize my casted heals.

Pillage Essence is now level 5 in Sacrifice, which is a great way to quickly replenish Soul Essence while AP-draining your enemy.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!