Recent Topics

Ads

DOK melee and progressing the spec

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
diabetic007

Re: DOK melee and progressing the spec

Post#11 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:33 pm

What I'm asking isnt for straight buff to mobility with no balance. Its more essentially a play ability of the class. As it stands we are significantly susceptible to kiting. And our options to counter it now are seriously weak. What makes us strong as others say is seriously situational, our self healing has huge counter ability with shield, kiting itself, stuns, a plethora of dodge/block/parry chaining abilities. Other things we bring which are strong I believe the heal debuff sure but it doesnt make DOK special almost all classes have a form of debuff to heals so claiming thats our big deal is false.

What I want to try to relay more again is the ability to fluidly play as a Melee DOK, take or diminish other things as needed so be it. But getting into the fray stuck into tanks to heal off of returning 90 hp instead of 1500 vs a squishy could be changed to a flat rate, as the shield version does. Again the references I made originally in kiting problems spamming FOK w/ celerity debuffs and our 40% snare AND still hardly being able to stick to a target for literally more than 2 abilities is to me not right. Sure with the correct setup we are particularly strong, BUT if thats an issue obviously that can be balanced. Give us the ability to PLAY not wait for the right grp to give us gaurds and other ranged to CC our targets for us, what makes us strong is relying on others, which to me is a false statement (IE insert X class give them gaurd heals and CC support from their grp mates and you will say they are strong in the right situation...)

The original SOB was a 60 second cooldown and uptime of 5secs, that is a pretty seriously low up time to claim that if we still had it would be a crazy amount of mobility. No it would be just enough to allow us to do something when the fights engage. Or have a chance to strike back after being chain kited by characters who mostly have either CC or mobility on 10-20s cooldowns.

Anyway again in conclusion, give us more ability to get in and play on OUR own instead of with the right group, if some our strengths would be considered OP with more ability taper them, give us an option to stick in fights and do something.

Either way thanks for the input and responses good to see people involved whether they agree with me or not :D

Ads
ajnin420
Suspended

Post#12 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:33 pm

My experience with the new changes have not been the same as yours.

With the addition of the snare break in the last patch things have felt smooth imo. On par or better then most other mdps atm as a whole.

Mainly this is because we have so many tools.

(self heals, shields, cleanse, buffs, casted heals, a solid detaunt, snare break, heal debuff, auras, snare, rez...)

Trade off of not having charge > having charge/mobility

As much as it would be "nice" to have more counter kite tools, they just wouldnt be fair to the play space imho. One class should not (in theory) be able to counter everything.

What other classes have in mobility we make up for in otherways.

The only thing I can think would be to put a speed boost on the HTL like ability.

My 2 cents
Last edited by ajnin420 on Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peterthepan3

Post#13 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:39 pm

DOK being reliant on other classes to excel is not an issue: the same is also true of slayers and choppas - among other classes. DPS DOK/WP performing better when with other classes is fine, and promotes both synergising and playing with others.

xarax

Post#14 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:38 am

what do you think About Sentinel for dmg dok? like 5pc and 2pc oppr as example?

or just stick to 3 dom 3 merc?
Zeal80 - Dok82 - Sham74
BO81 - BG80 - WE75

and tooooo many alts

Finejeez

Post#15 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:38 pm

What would be the melee DoK build?

xarax

Post#16 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:13 pm

i dont know if this is "the" build but im fine with it:
https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... ,4985,5009

It is for 70+ under 60 it is hard to get the important stuff
Zeal80 - Dok82 - Sham74
BO81 - BG80 - WE75

and tooooo many alts

Finejeez

Post#17 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:26 pm

Thank you for the link and info!

This DPS spec heal pretty well too? I've always played melee classes, and I am coming from playing a WL/Slayer. So far, I am really liking the DoK, and I try and get in the mix to DPS/heal. Standing in the backlines (24/7) just isn't for me.

xarax

Post#18 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:48 pm

You can heal with Devour Essence and Rend Soul, which heals with dmg done. In addition you have the hot which ticks for about 200 and consume essence with a little less heal.
If you want to heal more you should switch to melee heal build with shield, but dmg is much lower, heal higher.
Zeal80 - Dok82 - Sham74
BO81 - BG80 - WE75

and tooooo many alts

Ads
xarfay

Post#19 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:47 pm

Hi all,

after reading some posts I guess this is maybe a good one to ask... I am playing the "build" from Xarax, which he posted couple days ago for melee dps dok. I am RR 61 now and I guess this is some good one... my question is regarding the gear... is it still "BIS" with 3 domi and 3 merc, when I dont have opp gear yet? I think so, right?

I also played couple of variation from the melee heal build, which is (in my point of view pretty cool in the idea itself), but very squish and not good in open rvr at some point, or in BG... you will get rekt by every dps class in just few seconds and if you want to play it on a "right" way, you have to play full offensive, to heal you/your group, but also gettin rekt so fast... its a shame :/

So maybe someone can get me some good advice for dps gear.

thx in advance
greetz <3

Panodil

Post#20 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:54 pm

melee dok also work with 2 Dom, 2 Opressor, 2 sent and 4 BL
very fun with around 980 str and around 120-150 melee power :D Saw a crit on a WH for 1760 with execute last night in orvr :)

But on gear im thinking more like 3 sent 3 opressor and 4 BL so i dont have to invest as much rr into ini and -crit.
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage