Recent Topics

Ads

Shadow Warrior as bad as they say?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Warchris7643

Shadow Warrior as bad as they say?

Post#1 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:57 pm

Hello everyone, just quick question, been playing for about week now and trying to get classes up to 20 before testing others to see what I like most. I made a SW and I read nothing positive about this class, as in they are not dps and utility ( what does that mean on a pew pew class?), that they been gutted and I can barely find any other current threads on them discussing the class.

Is the SW class good enough in all tiers? Am I going to cry when I get to T4 because the class sucks lol or should I just roll a Engie?

I just don't want to waste my time and be a burden to Order with a under powered class.

Thanks!

Ads
Xergon

Re: Shadow Warrior as bad as they say?

Post#2 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:32 pm

Imo it all depends of your playstyle and what you expect to do. I can specify 3 different playstyles in PvP Solo, 6man, WB. So below comparission of ENG vs SW :

Solo: SW = Eng
- SW is more mobile and have access to things like RangeKD or HealDebuff but Engi has longer range, Keg for self heal and tools like mines, so imo both classes can perform in this area

6man: SW > Eng
- SW better for 6man because of that spammable HealDebuff and RangeKD, Engi DPS depends too much on turret so it's very stationary which is disadvantage in 6man

WB: SW < Eng
- Engi brings more utility to WB than SW, specially Magnet pull is high value ability, while SW can only bring support dps

But overall, all depend how good is your knowledge of your class, what your is capable and what is not, knowing that and using available tools in proper way you can perform and enjoy game in all playstyles.
If you love your class and how you play it, you should play it regardless, playing game should be enjoying for you in first place and just hope for some buffs in future from devs ;).
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

DanielWinner

Post#3 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:50 pm

Xergon wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:32 pm
- SW better for 6man because of that spammable HealDebuff and RangeKD, Engi DPS depends too much on turret so it's very stationary which is disadvantage in 6man
You will never bring range SW to small scale unless you want to get farmed and be spawncamped. It has really zero burst potential and both rKD and spammable hd mean nothing, other dps classes can bring different versions of them too but also provide reliable dps.

Answering OP:
There are only two places where range SW can be okaish:
-- Solo mumbo jumbo. Go kite those brainless melees (not WEs, they will wreck you no matter what) w/o guards and healers cause once they get them -- you might find yourself either dead or useless.
-- Supporting real dps classes in RvR roam like BW or WL. Both of them have high mobility and/or good burst so your wonderwaffels may help them to feel even stronger.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Warchris7643

Post#4 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:53 pm

Ok thanks then, not a total loss then lol, thank you for the information, I will just play to 20 and get a good feel for the class. I have tried but I just can't play melee in this game and the thing that sucks about it is I enjoy melee a lot its just I die way to fast and not enjoyable, at least with range I can have somewhat of a chance to live.

Thanks

DanielWinner

Post#5 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:57 pm

Warchris7643 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:53 pm Ok thanks then, not a total loss then lol, thank you for the information, I will just play to 20 and get a good feel for the class. I have tried but I just can't play melee in this game and the thing that sucks about it is I enjoy melee a lot its just I die way to fast and not enjoyable, at least with range I can have somewhat of a chance to live.

Thanks
I'd really recommend you to try Engi too. They have really strong solo builds. I've known Engis who would beat everyone while ganking in lakes. They can really hit like a truck.
As for melee classes, I could advise you to try SM or IB cause they have pretty decent solo/offensive builds which can deal dps at the same time so you won't feel yourself an easy target and still see some good damage numbers.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

saupreusse
Developer

Post#6 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:09 pm

Ranged sw is okish while pugging, but there are better classes to farm solo kills by far. I agree with dan on the 6v6 part. Shelfed my elf at rr55 and never regret it. Your dmg in a 6v6 environment with guard and armor pots compares to a wet noodle and the hdb doesnt apply enough preassure to not getting steamrolled by any half decent group. Asw can perform a bit better in this case but tbh if i want to bring a mdps id rather take a wl, wh or slayer if youre experienced.

Xergon

Post#7 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:58 am

DanielWinner wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:50 pm
Xergon wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:32 pm
You will never bring range SW to small scale unless you want to get farmed and be spawncamped. It has really zero burst potential and both rKD and spammable hd mean nothing, other dps classes can bring different versions of them too but also provide reliable dps.

Answering OP:
There are only two places where range SW can be okaish:
-- Solo mumbo jumbo. Go kite those brainless melees (not WEs, they will wreck you no matter what) w/o guards and healers cause once they get them -- you might find yourself either dead or useless.
-- Supporting real dps classes in RvR roam like BW or WL. Both of them have high mobility and/or good burst so your wonderwaffels may help them to feel even stronger.

Dude, where did i said that SW is better DPS than WL/WH/Slay for 6man, i didn't... i only compared it to Engi and def SW is better reliable/support dmg than Engi in 6man comp... please read with understanding, cheers.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Warchris7643

Post#8 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:06 am

Well I been playing a Engie tonight rank 15 now, I seem to enjoy it better than the SW. I seem to last little longer than melee unless im on my lowbie kotb. Thanks for all the posts on advising me I appreciate it.

Ads
Arbich
Suspended

Post#9 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:23 pm

DanielWinner and Saupreusse were far to negative in their opinion.

If you prefer anything else than warband play, then SW is vastly superior to engi. No matter if played as melee or range.

As SW great kiting skills and solid dps. You lack some of the burst of the other range classes, but you have far better surviving skills.
And you can play range and melee, without leveling another toon.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

saupreusse
Developer

Post#10 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:16 am

Maybe if you happen to have conq set or higher.
If you want rewarding fights and high dmg numbers sw is the wrong class. If you like to kite and hope your cc lands then sw might be fun for you, as long as your not hitting high armor classes. In this case youre not killing fast enough to roam around before someone else interrupts the fight. If you go asw you might do better, bjt in any case, why chose such an annoying playstyle when you can simply roll a wl and front load burst those destro suckers into oblivion. Or a wh to roam around and pretty much being able to kill any class 1v1.