Recent Topics

Ads

genesis farming is nightmare

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
live4treasure

Re: genesis farming is nightmare

Post#21 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:27 am

You know what would be cool? Being able to downgrade purple and gold bags to blue ones. Once you get Vanq, which is by far not hard to farm out, it doesn't make sense that a higher quality bag like gold isn't as important as a lower quality one like blue.
Giladar - rr 80 DPS AM

Ads
Ghud

Post#22 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:36 am

live4treasure wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:27 am You know what would be cool? Being able to downgrade purple and gold bags to blue ones. Once you get Vanq, which is by far not hard to farm out, it doesn't make sense that a higher quality bag like gold isn't as important as a lower quality one like blue.
that i a good idea !!!

Collateral

Post#23 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:46 am

Since you are playing so much and getting so many genesis pieces, I suggest leveling up salvaging and tali making. You can make so many talis with all those gen pieces you wouldn't know what to do with them. Also, I see hardly anyone uses a full genesis set, maybe an odd healer here and there. 2-3 pieces are just fine.

Fiskrens

Post#24 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:55 am

Collateral wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:46 am I see hardly anyone uses a full genesis set, maybe an odd healer here and there. 2-3 pieces are just fine.
This pretty much, the whole set really isn't very good anymore. In a time of beastlord the genesis cloak and shard drag the whole set down.
Leaving the game because you're unlucky with genesis drops is pretty dumb.

rmpl

Post#25 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:01 am

wargrimnir wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:42 pm This is probably one of the least complex sets of loot we have.

There's 5 items you can receive from a blue bag.

Genesis Shard
Genesis Fragment
Genesis Aspect
Genesis Remnant
Genesis Cloak

Very simple 20% chance to roll one of those five. There's no particular bias one which one drops over any other. There's no career/race/skill requirement on the items to mess up and get stuck. There's no secret hidden malus that tries to screw you over on getting the item you need. It's just a 20% chance. (unless the server eats your bag, which some might find to be a worse outcome)
There are 4 Subjugator items I can receive from a purple bag.
Genesis 1h
Genesis 2h
Genesis Shield
Genesis Cloak

Very simple 25% to roll one of those four yet despite of that it's possible to swap any of them for another. 25%>20% so why is it fine to have subjugator merchant but not genesis?

Collateral

Post#26 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:12 am

rmpl wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:01 am There are 4 Subjugator items I can receive from a purple bag.
Genesis 1h
Genesis 2h
Genesis Shield
Genesis Cloak

Very simple 25% to roll one of those four yet despite of that it's possible to swap any of them for another. 25%>20% so why is it fine to have subjugator merchant but not genesis?
My guess would bebecause it's also statistically harder to get a purple bag than a blue bag. Which the op demonstrates with the amount of bags he received. It must really be incredibly bad luck that after so many bags you didn't get the set.

rmpl

Post#27 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:26 am

Collateral wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:12 am My guess would bebecause it's also statistically harder to get a purple bag than a blue bag. Which the op demonstrates with the amount of bags he received. It must really be incredibly bad luck that after so many bags you didn't get the set.
Yet it was easier to get what you want from purple bags due to smaller item pool, I'm sure OP got his fair amount of gold and purple duplicates but those don't hurt that much because: a) subjugator merchant b) vanq can be purchased with tokens.

Don't get me wrong, I myself have two full sets of genesis (with tokens to spare) but the fact that there are still some people +70/75RR who do not have full sets is simply ridiculous given it's BIS for many classes. Hell I know a guy who's 79 and is still missing that one part of genesis. This jewellery set doesn't even function as the carrot anymore, most of those people already have BiS gear and high renown rank; it's just a source of unnecessary frustration.
Last edited by rmpl on Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Panodil

Post#28 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:32 am

Stop trying to farm gear and enjoy the game.
Easy to say with full gear :D
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

Ads
kkprfx

Post#29 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:07 am

Meanwhile I got full Genesis on 6 different characters ;)
Gabber

vianiznice

Post#30 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:55 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:42 pm TThere's no particular bias one which one drops over any other.
If people would do a little digging, they'd realize this on their own.
I for one was stuck with zero cloaks, wile most of my friends who then played, all lacked different jewelries.

If anything, Genesis kept me playing since it was something to strive for, I found myself playing less and less once I got the full set. Didn't help that my friends quit too though :(