Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 16/02/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Neil

Re: Patch Notes 16/02/2019

Post#171 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:51 am

Dalgrimar wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:27 am New quee system didnt change annything other than make quee pops hella lot slower.
"balance" wise its still the same.
Forts are a huge mess to and no clue what is even remotely fun about them.
And if you do it for a bag or currency, you could aswell just play the lottery.
Yes, the new system is horrible. I don't have much time for gaming but I was able to constantly play Scenarios before. Yesterday I had up to 30 minutes waiting time to pop one of all SCs as T4 SnB Tank ... I've spend all my time with waiting untill I started a twink, just to do anything.
SL NEILOR RR7X | BO NEILER RR7X

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Post#172 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:36 pm

another day, another hotfix

Ryzom

Post#173 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:42 pm

ok thx
Ni dieu ni maître

Wingedmedic

Post#174 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:46 pm

This last hotfix seems like the way to go as far as no bags/tokens. Let us test it. It's the whole point of the server overall anyway. Less scramble for gear, more about the mechanics. I agree.

geezereur

Post#175 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:47 pm

Neil wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:51 am
Dalgrimar wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:27 am New quee system didnt change annything other than make quee pops hella lot slower.
"balance" wise its still the same.
Forts are a huge mess to and no clue what is even remotely fun about them.
And if you do it for a bag or currency, you could aswell just play the lottery.
Yes, the new system is horrible. I don't have much time for gaming but I was able to constantly play Scenarios before. Yesterday I had up to 30 minutes waiting time to pop one of all SCs as T4 SnB Tank ... I've spend all my time with waiting untill I started a twink, just to do anything.
Takes even longer on a dps to get sc pop now.....

Skullgrin

Post#176 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:18 pm

Hotfix #7 feedback - We had a fortress battle in the Maw last night and I figured I'd drop a few notes about it here. First off the population was low, around 30 destro vs 45 order at the beginning.

The first phase was fairly standard (read boring), with the rams properly spawning and all standing around waiting for the gates to open. 15 minutes may be needed to organize with multiple warbands, however it just seemed to drag with the population we had. Don't know if it is possible to implement, however adjusting the length of this phase based on the zone population might be a nice addition. Also, adding some sort of siege engines for both sides - even if they are just static ones like at war camps - would be a nice addition to keep people occupied and keep both sides blood lust up. :P

Phase two (flag capping) was actually rather fun with a lower population, as neither side had the forces to dominate all the flags at once and just sit on them. One thing I did notice tho was that the artillery barrage that the defenders faced (1000 damage for each flag held by the attackers) seemed a bit harsh at times (there is no healer in the fort to remove battle fatigue which can make the barrage deadly - adding more fatigue and making it even more deadly). My personal suggestion would be to tone down the damage by 25-50% and/or have defenders that are inside the fortress during each barrage not take damage from it. Also wanted to note that while the flags were visible on the map, they also still had the lock icons on them which was a bit confusing. That is probably just a bug tho.

Phase three (defending the keep lord) started out all right but ended too soon. Order attacked the keep 4 times but were routed by destro each time. These defeats led to a rapid decline in orders morale, leading to them leaving the zone after the fourth defeat. I think that the main cause of them leaving however was the fact that they knew that even with a successful lord kill there would be no reward, and so rather than continue on they instead left. This in turn led to destro sitting around in the fort for 30 minutes waiting for the zone to lock (again, boring as hell). In that 30 minutes order took advantage of there being a reduced destro presence elsewhere and proceded to cap 2 other zones - sort of the opposite effect of what you want to see happen. Removing the rewards might be good for testing mechanics, but it looks to be having negative effects on how people actually go about playing the game.

In the end the remaining destro players got a nice renown tick for the zone lock (mine was 7500 points) however it just didn't feel satisfying due to order abandoning the fight. I do wonder how much renown they received for the other 2 zone caps. Not sure what can be done to stop this from reoccurring other than adding the rewards back in.

So there ya go, hope this report helps out in some way - and let us all know if there are any specific aspects you want tested out!
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#177 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:39 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:18 pm Hotfix #7 feedback - We had a fortress battle in the Maw last night and I figured I'd drop a few notes about it here. First off the population was low, around 30 destro vs 45 order at the beginning.

The first phase was fairly standard (read boring), with the rams properly spawning and all standing around waiting for the gates to open. 15 minutes may be needed to organize with multiple warbands, however it just seemed to drag with the population we had. Don't know if it is possible to implement, however adjusting the length of this phase based on the zone population might be a nice addition. Also, adding some sort of siege engines for both sides - even if they are just static ones like at war camps - would be a nice addition to keep people occupied and keep both sides blood lust up. :P

Phase two (flag capping) was actually rather fun with a lower population, as neither side had the forces to dominate all the flags at once and just sit on them. One thing I did notice tho was that the artillery barrage that the defenders faced (1000 damage for each flag held by the attackers) seemed a bit harsh at times (there is no healer in the fort to remove battle fatigue which can make the barrage deadly - adding more fatigue and making it even more deadly). My personal suggestion would be to tone down the damage by 25-50% and/or have defenders that are inside the fortress during each barrage not take damage from it. Also wanted to note that while the flags were visible on the map, they also still had the lock icons on them which was a bit confusing. That is probably just a bug tho.

Phase three (defending the keep lord) started out all right but ended too soon. Order attacked the keep 4 times but were routed by destro each time. These defeats led to a rapid decline in orders morale, leading to them leaving the zone after the fourth defeat. I think that the main cause of them leaving however was the fact that they knew that even with a successful lord kill there would be no reward, and so rather than continue on they instead left. This in turn led to destro sitting around in the fort for 30 minutes waiting for the zone to lock (again, boring as hell). In that 30 minutes order took advantage of there being a reduced destro presence elsewhere and proceded to cap 2 other zones - sort of the opposite effect of what you want to see happen. Removing the rewards might be good for testing mechanics, but it looks to be having negative effects on how people actually go about playing the game.

In the end the remaining destro players got a nice renown tick for the zone lock (mine was 7500 points) however it just didn't feel satisfying due to order abandoning the fight. I do wonder how much renown they received for the other 2 zone caps. Not sure what can be done to stop this from reoccurring other than adding the rewards back in.

So there ya go, hope this report helps out in some way - and let us all know if there are any specific aspects you want tested out!
very much appriciate the feedback. Adding stuff to make it more livley is on the ist of things to do.

Naryaring1

Post#178 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:45 pm

hi all :)
just a question: where is the portal in altdorf for the forts?
Tnx

Ads
Dalgrimar

Post#179 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:59 pm

Pleaaaseeee, can we get the old quee system back.
Takes **** ages to get a qpop now.
Same "balance".
Dalgri - Ftp/Sens - Sadboi - Fanboy

utube
twitch

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#180 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:55 am

Naryaring1 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:45 pm hi all :)
just a question: where is the portal in altdorf for the forts?
Tnx
For both capitals its in the south, where the gate that storywise leads out of the capital.