Recent Topics

Ads

Fortress siege + gold bag rolling feedback.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
bloodi
Suspended

Re: Fortress siege + gold bag rolling feedback.

Post#21 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:46 pm

Panodil wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:38 pm But you get Medallions for loosing, should be fine when gear are purshable
So does the faction that gets the bags but one of the factions has to push the campaign so they can attakc a fort and get farmed in it while giving the opposing faction BiS gear.

If you folks cant figure how this encourages not pushing the campaign and you rather lose, so you can get into fortress defenses, well,i really dont know what to say.

Somehow now people who refuse to defend till they have an almost an insurmountable advantage via the fortress are now the ones who should be rewarded because "they deserve it"

Ads
Charon

Post#22 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:35 pm

forts are like mincer for order ,,, i soon expect creation of new des behavior ,,, roll zones with order > relog for forts> farm unorganized order at lord room> take invader bags> repeat
Karak Azgal - Haron WP
Karak Norn - Haeroon KoTBS
RoR:
- Chaeron - SM
- Nogrun - magnet eng
- Cheron - i want sorc Black Horror skill for my BW ;)

xanderous

Post#23 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:54 pm

If you guys are referring to specifically the fortress in butchers pass earlier on today, the reason you kept wiping was because you kept trying to tank lord outside of his room. Next time push in and morale bomb or keep doing what you are doing, i like free renown :D
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Xergon

Post#24 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:31 am

What's the problem ?
Oh, i need to play better to win, sheet that's too hard...

I've been in most Fortress sieges, and i have seen Order killing Fortress Lord twice (post last patches, normal killing w/o any exploit).

First thing ppl need to understand is that, you finally should split zerg. Why ? Let's see, 140 Order push ChW but only 96 get in, while TM is free and open, why not push 2 zones at same time ? Why not open 2 Fortress at same time ? Why not let more ppl get in AND increase your chance to win ? ROCKETSCIENCE i know...

Second thing ppl need to understand that finally your WB should have proper setup and ppl should finally play properly (ACTUALLY USING SKILLS). You can control Fortress Lord with 4 ppl, 2 tanks with crossguard who use challenge to decrease hes damage in rotation AND use taunt in rotation to interrupt AoE Spinning AND 2 Healers who actually REMOVE/DISPEL curses like one which Decrease Armor to 0. BOOM SECRET REVEALED. Now rest of zerg can handle rest enemy forces, but still u need proper WB Setup: 2 true tanks (not pseudo 2hd dps tank) 2 aoe dps (not ST WL/WH/SW/ENG ) 2 healers (with more than 6k wounds...). Only then you can hope for victory...

Check my combat log when i was tanking lord (and it was announced couple times that im gonna tank lord), no single heal from healer on me. Last damage tick, yes 4k+, is when Lord apply Debuff that removes Armor from you, which healer can dispel.

Non single invade executed even once proper m4 push into lord room...
You have tools which you need learn how to use, its that simple.

Last time in TheMaw Order blob even managed to get into Lord Room but they failed to hold it, it's only on them to not be able to recover.

So please, don't blame devs and game mechanics that you are failing, because it's not their fault.

So far Fortress works properly and have no bigger issues, i wouly only suggest 2 things:
- timer of siege should be visible for both realms
- after successful defending Fortress, campaign should reset to middle zone, for example, when The Maw has been defended, open zone should be Praag not Chaos Wastes. (otherwise this can cause non defending mentality, 'let enemy push one zone we defend Fort again')
Last edited by Xergon on Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

mubbl

Post#25 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:35 am

Spoiler:
Xergon wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:31 am What's the problem ?
Oh, i need to play better to win, sheet that's too hard...

I've been in most Fortress sieges, and i have seen Order killing Fortress Lord twice (post last patches, normal killing w/o any exploit).

First thing ppl need to understand is that, you finally should split zerg. Why ? Let's see, 140 Order push ChW but only 96 get in, while TM is free and open, why not push 2 zones at same time ? Why not open 2 Fortress at same time ? Why not let more ppl get in AND increase your chance to win ? ROCKETSCIENCE i know...

Second thing ppl need to understand that finally your WB should have proper setup and ppl should finally play properly (ACTUALLY USING SKILLS). You can control Fortress Lord with 4 ppl, 2 tanks with crossguard who use challenge to decrease hes damage in rotation AND use taunt in rotation to interrupt AoE Spinning AND 2 Healers who actually REMOVE/DISPEL curses like one which Decrease Armor to 0. BOOM SECRET REVEALED. Now rest of zerg can handle rest enemy forces, but still u need proper WB Setup: 2 true tanks (not pseudo 2hd dps tank) 2 aoe dps (not ST WL/WH/SW/ENG ) 2 healers (with more than 6k wounds...). Only then you can hope for victory...

Check my combat log when i was tanking lord (and it was announced couple times that im gonna tank lord), no single heal from healer on me. Last damage tick, yes 4k+, is when Lord apply Debuff that removes Armor from you, which healer can dispel.

Non single invade executed even once proper m4 push into lord room...
You have tools which you need learn how to use, its that simple.

Last time in ChW Order blob even managed to get into Lord Room but they failed to hold it, it's only on them to not be able to recover.

So please, don't blame devs and game mechanics that you are failing, because it's not their fault.

So far Fortress works properly and have no bigger issues, i wouly only suggest 2 things:
- timer of siege should be visible for both realms
- after successful defending Fortress, campaign should reset to middle zone, for example, when The Maw has been defended, open zone should be Praag not Chaos Wastes. (otherwise this can cause non defending mentality, 'let enemy push one zone we defend Fort again')
he is right....if you wanna know how to get better warband expirience: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=29364&p=334447#p334447

qwerty113

Post#26 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:04 am

The fact that attackers with defenders is 1:1, becouse bug exploit to enter with full limit of people fort. Need to do something with this bug exploit
Feroze - wh | Faiz - bw
Roam video's thread

DanielWinner

Post#27 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:38 am

qwerty113 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:04 am The fact that attackers with defenders is 1:1, becouse bug exploit to enter with full limit of people fort. Need to do something with this bug exploit
Spoiler:
Bans! We need some bans!
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Xergon

Post#28 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:16 am

So yea... Defending Fortress too easy for defenders they say right ?

Destro just stormed Reikwald w/o much issue, Order sitting in Lord Room, didnt try to push when Lord did AoE Punt on Destro, let enemy regroup, build morale and push with morale. WB that i was in, despite having somewhat proper setup collapsed like paper, no counter m4 from tanks, nothing, i only managed to pop my m4 but thats all.

Our WB had 1 BW, 4 SL, 2 Eng 1 SW, 2nd WB had 2 BWs and 3rd WB had 10 WLs 4 WHs :D :D :D... oh and yeah 4 SMs in our WB were 2hd aswell.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Ads
Wyzard

Post#29 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:15 pm

I think no one is understanding the OP point here which isn't solely to beg for bags. There are legitimate issues with consequences regarding forts. They aren't good or bad but i guarantee people will begin to get that they need to force rvr loss in order to fort defend if they want the gear, which they do.

The major issues are as follow

1) people not participating in zonelocks will fill the Fort zone before WBs that participated will get in. Last week i formed a perfectly balanced wb and pushed through praag and CW but then could not enter because of portal campers, my wb promptly fell apart.

result: discouragement to push campaign
Suggestion: Double fort population capacity.

2) Phase 2 battle objectives give no significant advantage for attackers, defenders are better off sitting inside lord room start to finish and they know this very well. They won't even be lured out in a waiting game so we can make use of the cage, making the cage pretty much unusable as a tactic. On Sunday we held all BOs for most of the duration of phase 2 and could see no benefit in doing so.

Suggestion: Make the bombardment earned in BO fighting continue through phase 3 so at least attackers get some help in pushing the lord room.

3) The gold bag issue. Because the onus was on the attacker side to not only lock 2 t4 zones against defenders (requires more effort than sitting back) and then to lock the easily defended fort, there should be at least some motivation for attackers to do any of this. It cannot be argued that attackers are not making effort.

Suggestion : Give an invader currency reward in bags won to attackers locking the last zone in t4. Make gold bags rolls shared between attackers and defenders in Fort regardless of outcome. We all want to fight in forts, settling the loot thing will silence a lot of the negativity which is impeding realm pride and the fighting spirit. And let's face it, not many will be completing this set for years, regardless of how it goes. The relative sparsity of forts compounded by when people happen to have play time.... etc. Just to have the carrot there will help.

In my opinion the BO contribution in Forts being the most important of these issues right now.
Archmage : Darktown Strutter
Kobs : Chezybel
BrightWizard : Wyzard Bard

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#30 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:53 pm

Wyzard wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:15 pm I think no one is understanding the OP point here which isn't solely to beg for bags. There are legitimate issues with consequences regarding forts. They aren't good or bad but i guarantee people will begin to get that they need to force rvr loss in order to fort defend if they want the gear, which they do.

The major issues are as follow

1) people not participating in zonelocks will fill the Fort zone before WBs that participated will get in. Last week i formed a perfectly balanced wb and pushed through praag and CW but then could not enter because of portal campers, my wb promptly fell apart.

result: discouragement to push campaign
Suggestion: Double fort population capacity.

2) Phase 2 battle objectives give no significant advantage for attackers, defenders are better off sitting inside lord room start to finish and they know this very well. They won't even be lured out in a waiting game so we can make use of the cage, making the cage pretty much unusable as a tactic. On Sunday we held all BOs for most of the duration of phase 2 and could see no benefit in doing so.

Suggestion: Make the bombardment earned in BO fighting continue through phase 3 so at least attackers get some help in pushing the lord room.

3) The gold bag issue. Because the onus was on the attacker side to not only lock 2 t4 zones against defenders (requires more effort than sitting back) and then to lock the easily defended fort, there should be at least some motivation for attackers to do any of this. It cannot be argued that attackers are not making effort.

Suggestion : Give an invader currency reward in bags won to attackers locking the last zone in t4. Make gold bags rolls shared between attackers and defenders in Fort regardless of outcome. We all want to fight in forts, settling the loot thing will silence a lot of the negativity which is impeding realm pride and the fighting spirit. And let's face it, not many will be completing this set for years, regardless of how it goes. The relative sparsity of forts compounded by when people happen to have play time.... etc. Just to have the carrot there will help.

In my opinion the BO contribution in Forts being the most important of these issues right now.
1. the lock is where it is to help me judge lords, and the limit will probably be increased shortly.

2. Attackers and Defenders alike want to get flags to either deny defenders getting a stronger phase 3 lord or to increase phase 3 lord. That should be reason enough.

3. Bags are already shared between factions where winner gets higher chance of loot in forts, getting a bag with invader in previous zones is not going to happen.