Ads

Patch Notes 16/02/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
dalen
Developer

Re: Patch Notes 16/02/2019

Post#181 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:58 pm

So far I don't think any attackers have used the jail mechanic at any of the forts. But I think it needs to be improved with a 5-10s cast time on the lever, like flag caps in scenarios.

As it is now it is impossible to stop the defenders from releasing as it is an instant cast to do it. Just send a WE/WH to exit stealth on the lever and instantly release the people there. No matter how well the attackers try to defend the jail there's nothing they can do to stop that.

It seems like an interesting mechanic (possibly pretty boring for the people that get jailed though), but without a change it won't work.
Source Developer

Ads
PartizanRUS

Post#182 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:30 am

Btw, did they removed Nerfed Button mod support ? Blatant hax.
Burn heretics and mutants, purge the unclean. ingame - Partizan . Hammer of Sigmar guild [RUS]
Image https://i.imgur.com/Un7WASp.jpg Image Image

madmalky2014
Suspended

Post#183 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:30 pm

Portal locations for attacking factions inside the rvr area is a dreadful idea i have now failed to get to a fort because of the stupid guantlet run by oppossing blocking the way. This doesnt work the defender can get straight to the fort from wthout being ganked on the by selfish players who just want the game for you. I quite happy to take the fight to them inside the but not have my way to reach the portal.

This happened on live the fortresses were removed because of the blockers. City sieges were the same whole wbs of blocking enemy before you could get in. The number going to forts will begin to drop if the portal are not move to wcs or city for both attackers and defenders.

mikke

Post#184 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:03 pm

madmalky2014 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:30 pm Portal locations for attacking factions inside the rvr area is a dreadful idea i have now failed to get to a fort because of the stupid guantlet run by oppossing blocking the way. This doesnt work the defender can get straight to the fort from wthout being ganked on the by selfish players who just want the game for you. I quite happy to take the fight to them inside the but not have my way to reach the portal.

This happened on live the fortresses were removed because of the blockers. City sieges were the same whole wbs of blocking enemy before you could get in. The number going to forts will begin to drop if the portal are not move to wcs or city for both attackers and defenders.
Both sides portals on every BO may solve this problem.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#185 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:12 pm

mikke wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:03 pm
madmalky2014 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:30 pm Portal locations for attacking factions inside the rvr area is a dreadful idea i have now failed to get to a fort because of the stupid guantlet run by oppossing blocking the way. This doesnt work the defender can get straight to the fort from wthout being ganked on the by selfish players who just want the game for you. I quite happy to take the fight to them inside the but not have my way to reach the portal.

Considering forts are intended for multiple coordinated groups, if you can't even make it to the portal to zone in, maybe you shouldn't. Nothing has changed in the past 10 years, you're still allowed to form groups and move with them. If your enemies can do it and block you, there's no reason you can't do the same.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

mikke

Post#186 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:32 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:12 pm

Considering forts are intended for multiple coordinated groups, if you can't even make it to the portal to zone in, maybe you shouldn't. Nothing has changed in the past 10 years, you're still allowed to form groups and move with them. If your enemies can do it and block you, there's no reason you can't do the same.
I don`t see any problem in blocking. It`s a war. But when orginized attackers are capturing last BOs, some quick persons are already sitting on the portal spot and ready to click :lol:

Gangan

Post#187 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:19 pm

mikke wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:32 pm

I don`t see any problem in blocking. It`s a war. But when orginized attackers are capturing last BOs, some quick persons are already sitting on the portal spot and ready to click :lol:
Fighting in the maw to stop order from reaching IC or catching latecomer was often more fun than defending the maw itself. :D

Let's not forget fortresses are only in a few weeks now, still under constant changing and balancing. Nothing is cast in stone. Sit back, grab a beer and wait what will come. After all it's "just" a game 😉
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#188 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:10 am

mikke wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:32 pm

Yes but if there are reserved spots (like there will be after a zone is captured) it wont let anyone thats dont have a reservation in. Meaning those people trying to snipe a spot wont get in until after 5 mins later or when all reservations have been claimed.

Ads
wachlarz

Post#189 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:43 am

Can we make phase 2 longer? I think its best in fort play. Not faze 3 aoe door rr farming. Single target dps no point on faze 3. So pls make phase 2 lonnger. More runing into bo to bo, tac attacks or def. More fun for all. Thx

wiscel

Post#190 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:33 am

As much as I like to see the fortresses back in the game. I wish Invader gear will become available from 'normal' RvR as well. I can't play that much every day (maybe 1-2 hours) so I have to be lucky when I logon there is a fortress siege going on. And then you need to be very lucky to enter the portal.
Nasty - R8X Squig Herder
Mehlindy - R8X Witch Elf
Donavicenta - R8X Sorceress