Recent Topics

Ads

Dok/wp gear issue

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Cirbi

Re: Dok/wp gear issue

Post#11 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:59 pm

Dear developers !

I have to say you demotivated me to play my favorite heal specced /tome+1h hammer/ Warrior Priest / rr 80+ / ...
It is a real nightmare to me, that with Invader set you are forcing players to wear the biggest joke ever in this game, the funny looking shield... I just would like to ask why there is no Invader healer set for WP ? Why i can not choose which path i would like to go ? Please be so kind and think about it to add an Invader set for heal specced WPs...
Thank you !
Joain Darc - Warrior Priest - rr80+
Cirbi Burbonson - Rune Priest - rr80+

Ads
Snoxx

Post#12 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:59 pm

Invader set has some weird stat combinations.

Lets take the gloves for example, they have:
+10% autoattack haste
+willpower

That makes no sense, really! With 1h+shield your autoattacks are so tiny, boosting them is pointless. And how on earth is willpower supposed to be useful in combination with it?

xarax

Post#13 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:58 pm

the question is, seeing STR and WillPower on the DoK set, is the devs goal to let DoK go hybrid? The set with the current state is not usable for heal nor to dmg dok (both specs are the majority of DoK Player)
Sentinel with full str and block makes sense for a melee heal dok but invader is quite strange with willpower too. Should we really spec hybrid and heal like that? (imho not viable)
What is the real intention behind this hybrid set?
Zeal80 - Dok82 - Sham74
BO81 - BG80 - WE75

and tooooo many alts

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#14 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:07 pm

xarax wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:58 pm the question is, seeing STR and WillPower on the DoK set, is the devs goal to let DoK go hybrid? The set with the current state is not usable for heal nor to dmg dok (both specs are the majority of DoK Player)
Sentinel with full str and block makes sense for a melee heal dok but invader is quite strange with willpower too. Should we really spec hybrid and heal like that? (imho not viable)
What is the real intention behind this hybrid set?
Ruin was the first mix set, then beastlord, then a b it of gunbad and so on......its been over 2 years that they are making a mix set for future changes. UMMM i kinda want to play my class today not prep for years to come(if it does)

altharion1
Banned

Post#15 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:27 pm

These sets have likely been made by a casual player, making casual gear sets, for casual playstyles, for casual players.

Therefore, these sets are working EXACTLY as intended.
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids

bloodi
Suspended

Post#16 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:33 pm

"We learned nothing from Live War" is a big leit motiv in this server development, get used to it.

Specialpatrol

Post#17 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:46 pm

Weren’t the earlier mix-sets, like Ruin and BL (probably mostly the latter), designed with the old experimental mode in mind - where willpower got changed to strength when swapping to the dps prayer (and vice versa)?

No matter what, an overhaul of those sets (especially BL) would indeed be great.

Or better yet - bring the old ab ex. mode back and leave the sets as they are!
APONYMOUS l WP l R40 l RR8X
BRAKEDOWN l KOTBS l R40 l RR8X
BOILING l BW l R40 l RR8X
PUFFED l SLY l R40 l RR8X
RHYTHM l AM l R40 l RR8X
EEWULL l DOK l R3X l RR4X

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#18 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:04 pm

Not talking about the mixed stats , but what is bad for a melee healer to have any melee bonus tied to a heal spec ?
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Ads
altharion1
Banned

Post#19 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:04 am

Give up on melee healing, its fundamentally flawed as concept.
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids

Rydiak

Post#20 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:11 am

altharion1 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:04 am Give up on melee healing, its fundamentally flawed as concept.
False!
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!