Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 16/02/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
xanderous

Re: Patch Notes 16/02/2019

Post#281 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:42 am

I really don'y see the point of asking such a mundane question regarding developer activity mainly on the grounds that whatever answer they give us the majority of us won't wholeheartedly know if its an honest response or not, you got to take a little on faith. Its a private server being operated by people who have dedicated their time and effort into maintaining, to which i have no doubt takes a bloody long ass time to do. Does it happen, probably, will it effect us, i don't think really.
The only time i've ever had an issue with a dev was one time he nuked my character randomly in reikland, he said it was an accident and then auto revived me, it probably was but i like to think it wasn't :lol:
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Ads
Nickwahh5

Post#282 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:18 am

old post -- deleted
Last edited by Nickwahh5 on Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

xanderous

Post#283 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:30 am

Nickwahh5 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:18 am
xanderous wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:42 am I really don'y see the point of asking such a mundane question regarding developer activity mainly on the grounds that whatever answer they give us the majority of us won't wholeheartedly know if its an honest response or not, you got to take a little on faith. Its a private server being operated by people who have dedicated their time and effort into maintaining, to which i have no doubt takes a bloody long ass time to do. Does it happen, probably, will it effect us, i don't think really.
The only time i've ever had an issue with a dev was one time he nuked my character randomly in reikland, he said it was an accident and then auto revived me, it probably was but i like to think it wasn't :lol:
I wholeheartedly don't believe the responses. You're right, they do use up a lot of their free time to give us this private server. They have jobs, many with families and other obligations, and they put it towards giving us this free experience. Who are we to selfishly get on their ass about giving themselves whatever they want? However there needs to be a code of conduct that they need to standby, and a checks & balances system put in place. If they want to feel like GOD above all the players then we need to know in what extent. There needs to be a heads-up or a system we can check on whom they give items to etc... honestly what is there stopping them from giving even a very single item to a friend or themselves? Something under the radar.

The responses I'm seeing it basically "Listen I give you guys this private server, for free, so don't bother me with this drama or question me". Just putting my two cents in here.
My friend you asking people whom are in power to regulate themselves, which they do, you could create a whole plethora of rules and regulations for them to follow but you and i will never be in the circumstance where we can check if they are indeed breaking them said protocols put in place, you got go on faith. I think it would be abundantly clear to us all if there was a dev roaming around with a god hammer smiting us poor plebs wherever they wander for shits and giggles.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#284 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:39 am

Nickwahh5 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:18 am
xanderous wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:42 am I really don'y see the point of asking such a mundane question regarding developer activity mainly on the grounds that whatever answer they give us the majority of us won't wholeheartedly know if its an honest response or not, you got to take a little on faith. Its a private server being operated by people who have dedicated their time and effort into maintaining, to which i have no doubt takes a bloody long ass time to do. Does it happen, probably, will it effect us, i don't think really.
I wholeheartedly don't believe the responses. You're right, they do use up a lot of their free time to give us this private server. They have jobs, many with families and other obligations, and they put it towards giving us this free experience. Who are we to selfishly get on their ass about giving themselves whatever they want? However there needs to be a code of conduct that they need to standby, and a checks & balances system put in place. If they want to feel like GOD above all the players then we need to know in what extent. There needs to be a heads-up or a system we can check on whom they give items to etc... honestly what is there stopping them from giving even a very single item to a friend or themselves? Something under the radar.

The responses I'm seeing it basically "Listen I give you guys this private server, for free, so don't bother me with this drama or question me". Just putting my two cents in here.
What's the point of answering bait? You don't believe the responses, nothing else needs to be said.

YOU as a PLAYER want to have a system built to check what staff are doing? Get real. That doesn't exist anywhere and serves no purpose aside from your own paranoia. There's nothing stopping us from doing anything we want on this server, except that maybe we're a bunch of decent people working to bring something back from the dead. If you don't like what you don't know and can't personally verify, take your tin-foil hat elsewhere. You've had more than enough answers from us.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Draugris

Post#285 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:24 am

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:39 am YOU as a PLAYER want to have a system built to check what staff are doing? Get real.
Such a system would be great but not for the players to check, for Yaliskah to check because he seems to be the only one who acknowledges and understands that this is a problem and gives some outlook on how such things will be handled in the future. The other responses are either denials, half baked excuses or the usual accusations of whining and drama, not surprising, just disappointing.

What is so difficult for some people just to say 3 things:
  • It happened
  • It was wrong
  • We will make sure it won´t happen again
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#286 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:30 am

Draugris wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:24 am
wargrimnir wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:39 am YOU as a PLAYER want to have a system built to check what staff are doing? Get real.
Such a system would be great but not for the players to check, for Yaliskah to check because he seems to be the only one who acknowledges and understands that this is a problem and gives some outlook on how such things will be handled in the future. The other responses are either denials, half baked excuses or the usual accusations of whining and drama, not surprising, just disappointing.

• It happened
  • It was wrong
Doesn't matter, we're liars that can't be trusted and abuse our power. That's what people want to believe. That's what people lead these questions into. It's drama, and it's pretty regular around here. Meanwhile we still work on the game and try to swat away anyone that's going to give us grief for the sake of it.

It happened generally out of the context being presented here.
It's only wrong when it's wrong, and the very few cases it was actually wrong...
It was handled appropriately, internally, and without taking a piss on anyone else aside from the people involved.

Hunt elsewhere. You're not getting standard PR crap from us because that's not who we are.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Manatikik

Post#287 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:37 am

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:30 am
Draugris wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:24 am

• It happened
  • It was wrong
Doesn't matter, we're liars that can't be trusted and abuse our power. That's what people want to believe. That's what people lead these questions into. It's drama, and it's pretty regular around here. Meanwhile we still work on the game and try to swat away anyone that's going to give us grief for the sake of it.

It happened generally out of the context being presented here.
It's only wrong when it's wrong, and the very few cases it was actually wrong...
It was handled appropriately, internally, and without taking a piss on anyone else aside from the people involved.

Hunt elsewhere. You're not getting standard PR crap from us because that's not who we are.
It’s only wrong when it’s wrong? When is it right to break (by your own admission) the rules to give (non-appearance, obviously) items to staff and adjust levels?

Just seems like you’re getting defensive over people getting (rightfully) upset over GM/Dev abuse and how they (the players) are treated when trying to bring it up/discuss it.
<Montague><Capulet>

Sulorie

Post#288 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:50 am

Manatikik wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:37 am

Just seems like you’re getting defensive over people getting (rightfully) upset over GM/Dev abuse and how they (the players) are treated when trying to bring it up/discuss it.
What abuse you are talking about? God damn, officials using appearance items is not even worth talking about and getting levels/gear is worse? They work on the server and don't have time like you to play or even cause drama on the forums. Getting gear to test something is unfair? Get some sense. Some of them work enough on the server to justify having earned only anni/merc set in their spare time.
Stop this pathetic crusade. (Not directed at you exclusively, more in general)
Dying is no option.

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Post#289 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:40 am

Aight, as pointed out many times we only really allow appearance items and any command used to give such items to a character is logged.

Now that said, Im very disappointed and annoyed that this conversation is even here in a patch note thread, where ONLY things attached to the patch should be discussed. For that reason I am temporarily locking this thread for a few hours. (not saying this discussion should be suffocated but it should not be HERE)

anarchypark

Post#290 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:52 am

Sulorie wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:50 am
Manatikik wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:37 am

What abuse you are talking about? God damn, officials using appearance items is not even worth talking about and getting levels/gear is worse? They work on the server and don't have time like you to play or even cause drama on the forums. Getting gear to test something is unfair? Get some sense. Some of them work enough on the server to justify having earned only anni/merc set in their spare time.
Stop this pathetic crusade. (Not directed at you exclusively, more in general)

absolutely same as my opinion.
additionally, gear sets have designed farming timer.
devs should be granted with sets after that timer expired.
it gives more time to spend in developing, not farming gears.
let them have comport environment to develop and play game.
it's better for the server, bug fixing etc.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)