Recent Topics

Ads

Viable Swordmaster SnB builds?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
zmoney1

Viable Swordmaster SnB builds?

Post#1 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:20 am

Are there any viable rvr/endgame pvp swordmaster SnB builds? Or would I be better off going KotBS if I'm interested in playing SnB?

Ads
zgolec

Re: Viable Swordmaster SnB builds?

Post#2 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:32 am

I run this.
Working pretty well.
I got almost 10k hp, 840 tough and avoidance rates that kotbs can dream of. Ofc kotbs got more tools for wb plays - but WW is awesome as well - any dps can tell u this :P
Just shuffle guard, use challenge/taunt, kd and ww and prot and ppl will luv u :P

https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... ,2893,2895

rr: fs till u get 0 crit, defender/deft defender/parry

Items are: https://www.returnofreckoning.com/armor ... =Anathyeal
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

Aethilmar

Post#3 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:40 pm

I use a more offensive version that works well for solo roaming, small group and SCs (I also haven't noticed any significant issues in WB play but ymmv):

https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... ,2893,2895

Redirected Force is a legit punt now. Everyone should take it when S&B. If you are below 60 I'd rather have that than WW.

Wdova

Post#4 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:41 am

SM is offensive tank and I enjoyed go fully offensive with bit of survivability in SnB spec. I know I am just wierd, so dont take me seriously. Yesterday I returned to test knockdown in line with Path of Hoeth which is great.
In solo situations I dropped "Centruies of Training" dot for "Discerning Offence" 10% strike trhu tactic to achieve 23% parry strike thru agains MDPsers and 10% strike thru block against tanks.

https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... ,2865,2883

With descent ammount of block and parry, combined with self and group absorb bubbles, nice CCs like knockback, knockdown and silence/party cooldown decreaser, You can guard and assist pretty well.

I never liked 2H SM so this wierd build was only way to enjoy this class.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Ugle

Post#5 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:49 am

To my experience after experimenting with different snb offensive specs I always end up preferring 2h because it is (imo) easier to achieve a balanced spec going the 2h route. Only time snb is better is if you engage in 12+ groups where htl and the block gives a better "bang for the buck" overall.
inactive

zgolec

Post#6 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:08 pm

Its not live. No dbl spirit debuff... So SnB offensive... Are weak defense and offence alike :P

Wdova

Post#7 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:00 pm

zgolec wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:08 pm Its not live. No dbl spirit debuff... So SnB offensive... Are weak defense and offence alike :P
I have been runing my old SnB dps spec for couple of days now and its solid competitive even without double spirit debuff.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Wyzard

Post#8 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:57 pm

Here's the vanguard tank spec I used most often for leading the charge in WBs

RoR.builders - Sword Master

I wear full vanquisher set right now, with a mix of wounds and toughness talis.
My unbuffed HP are 10600 ish right now and it's pretty hard to bring me down.

When I'm playing anything but first in last out WB / Fort play, I go for Whispering winds and protection of Hoeth bubble spam. In the spec you just trade Vaul's tempering for Whispering winds in hoeth. A lot of people seem to prefer WW but i feel significantly more confident when i have vaul's tempering ready for a critical charge moment, especially when I don't want my gguarded slayer to fall behind or if we're running through a doorway. In big brawls the -10% dmg for a few seconds also seems valuable to me because sometimes i'ts a really close call. It can be argued that 3 bubbles/20 sec in stead of 2 bubbles/20 sec due to whispering winds offers more staying power, but it also requires a melee strike of whispering winds basically on cooldown. If you're holding the line a whole lot and worrying about the position of your wb, vaul''s tempering makes things a bit easier as it is a no target ability.

If you are considering Knight instead of SM, there is one major reason I can think of to play it, and that is the solar flare M4. There is never a shortage of knights for the group buffs but usually a shortage of SM and IB in my experience building WBs. So it's not like you need to play one for the group buffs. Solar flare is probably one of the most powerful things in the game though.

The knight super punt is nice but I think you'll find the SnB SM redirected force punt almost as good as the tactic super punt, certainly better than the basic knight punt. And of course SM get the AOE punt as well + wings of heaven, which is absolutely amazing for the snare and mobility when roaming.

Just my 2 cents on SM if you're considering playing it heavy. I love it
Archmage : Darktown Strutter
Ironbreaker : Datbookdoe
BrightWizard : Wyzard Mode

Ads
MayoDaen78

Post#9 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:36 am

Wyzard wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:57 pm Here's the vanguard tank spec I used most often for leading the charge in WBs

RoR.builders - Sword Master

I wear full vanquisher set right now, with a mix of wounds and toughness talis.
My unbuffed HP are 10600 ish right now and it's pretty hard to bring me down.

When I'm playing anything but first in last out WB / Fort play, I go for Whispering winds and protection of Hoeth bubble spam. In the spec you just trade Vaul's tempering for Whispering winds in hoeth. A lot of people seem to prefer WW but i feel significantly more confident when i have vaul's tempering ready for a critical charge moment, especially when I don't want my gguarded slayer to fall behind or if we're running through a doorway. In big brawls the -10% dmg for a few seconds also seems valuable to me because sometimes i'ts a really close call. It can be argued that 3 bubbles/20 sec in stead of 2 bubbles/20 sec due to whispering winds offers more staying power, but it also requires a melee strike of whispering winds basically on cooldown. If you're holding the line a whole lot and worrying about the position of your wb, vaul''s tempering makes things a bit easier as it is a no target ability.

If you are considering Knight instead of SM, there is one major reason I can think of to play it, and that is the solar flare M4. There is never a shortage of knights for the group buffs but usually a shortage of SM and IB in my experience building WBs. So it's not like you need to play one for the group buffs. Solar flare is probably one of the most powerful things in the game though.

The knight super punt is nice but I think you'll find the SnB SM redirected force punt almost as good as the tactic super punt, certainly better than the basic knight punt. And of course SM get the AOE punt as well + wings of heaven, which is absolutely amazing for the snare and mobility when roaming.

Just my 2 cents on SM if you're considering playing it heavy. I love it
Can you give me your renown points allocation? Since I think SM has the worst block rate compared to Knights and IBs, just wondering that's all
Ezraim - SM 7x
Tessaline - WP 5x
Binary - BW 6x

zgolec

Post#10 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:52 pm

I guess its standard for deftard.

Futile till u get 0% ctbc, defender, deft defender, parry. Spare points in wounds.

With calming winds, perfect defences and using ef you got one of the highet avoidance in game ;p Add vaul buffer to that and all u see on screen is block/evade/disrupt/parry/absorb. Change stances properly and you good to go :P