Recent Topics

Ads

Warrior priest healer?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
tbonejr1127

Warrior priest healer?

Post#1 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:58 am

Hello all!

I’m super new to the game, as in its downloading while I am at work right now. I have never played when the game was live retail but stumbled across the private server so going to give it a shot.

I’m looking at a warrior priest healer. I have played healer classes in other MMO games so I am very comfortable with play style or can at least get used to it quick.

How viable are they? And can they also be hybrid since it seems like they need to do some damage to heal?

Ads
Valarion

Re: Warrior priest healer?

Post#2 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:10 am

WP healers are very viable and in the hands of a good player, quite powerful. I would recommend a Salvation spec'd WP, which is the healing tree. This is a healer that stays at mid range (out of melee) and spams group heals/hots/shields.

You can of course go melee and still do ok healing, however, its very gear dependant and often requires a small group to support you.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

tbonejr1127

Post#3 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:19 am

Thanks I’ll have to take a look into it. The class seems interesting to me as it can be a melee healer

ocrtmpone

Post#4 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:01 am

Please read the following link , will help u

viewtopic.php?f=113&t=30627&p=347963&hi ... ce#p347963

HappyHubris

Post#5 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:22 pm

ocrtmpone wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:01 am Please read the following link , will help u

viewtopic.php?f=113&t=30627&p=347963&hi ... ce#p347963
That's more Grace. You're thinking of:

https://returnofreckoning.com/forum/vie ... php?t=8562

Alsayr

Post#6 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:14 am

Don't belive you are be melee healer. WP is good healer in Salvation tree, it's not melee path.
Image Ashghul | Image Snurfz | Image Kyrathrin / Karak Azgal

Warfare80

Post#7 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:49 am

In bigscale fight you want to go Salvation and you dont need any other players to support you.
Melee healing does not work in bigscale fight,because you need to hit people in meleecombat and you lack the survivalbility to do so. But meleehealing works good in smallscale fights,and even better with some support from other players.

In other words,i agree with Valarion. Go all in with salvation and learn the class. Once you gain high renown rank and better gear,then you can try some meleehealing. But the road to that is long and bloody :)
The "look ma, I posted on the forums" award goes to...
Spoiler:
1 *****
2 Warfare80
3 ******************

Trustone

Post#8 » Fri May 03, 2019 4:26 am

How is it going? Do you ended up playing a WP and how do you feel about it?

Ads
abezverkhiy

Post#9 » Mon May 06, 2019 2:51 pm

I have not stopped playing mine but I spend more time playing other classes because being a healer is a boring job - you spend most of the time watching allies’ health bars and topping them up. If failed - ressing them asap. At times I see nothing around my WP but green bars and play the same rotation over and over.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354