Recent Topics

Ads

[KotBS] Any advice for 2H builds?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Khaelos

[KotBS] Any advice for 2H builds?

Post#1 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:09 pm

So, I've been away from the game for a looong time, and I don't know just how much have things changed (nor if I remember anything from the last time), so I was wondering... How do 2H KotBS work nowadays? For what I've been reading in the forums, it seems like SnB is the current "meta" and 2H is mostly an "eccentricity" of sorts, cool looking but always losing out to SnB builds.

P.S: I am more interested in PvE than PvP, if that makes a difference in builds.

Ads
Lime

Re: [KotBS] Any advice for 2H builds?

Post#2 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:30 pm

2hander is mostly about the arcing swings wounds/crit debuff and 10s cd punt. Also gets a movespeed or 10% avodance proc which is powerful. Assuming you meet survivability minimums dps won't be great but you buff others dps.

Snb mostly just gives raw avoidance power and allows use of hold the line and shield rush.
Limey: 83 Knight Limeyx: 77 BG

Khaelos

Post#3 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:32 am

Thanks! My next question here would be in terms of gear, since by now I've managed to reach lvl 38 and soon I'll be able to properly worry about getting the high level gear. As is, the more defensive gear I've seen usually gives bonuses to block, rather than parry, and the gear with parry seems more offensive in nature (plenty of crit stuff, weapon skill and strength). How should I balance that?

As is, I need WS to get more parry to proc Runefang as often as I can, and Strength helps make sure enemies can't parry my debuffs, but I'm not sure whether those sets would be enough to guarantee the survavibility minimums or if they'd make me too squishy without granting me enough DPS to compensate. Closest I can think of to get somewhere near that level of DPS capability is grabbing Focused Offence, but that -33% armour debuff means I'd probably be as squishy as most DPS without being as damagey as they are, with the only saving grace being my debuffs and the massive HP pool. So yeah, right now I'm stuck on trying to figure out what gear should I aim for.

Nishka
Suspended

Post#4 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:07 am

The biggest change to 2h kotbs was Emperor's Champion nerf from 30 to 15s duration. Overwise it's still the game. You can either go full dps or build full tank and boost your attacking stats with runefang and EC.
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

Lime

Post#5 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:02 pm

Just go snb defense build at low rr and guard a dps. Shield avoidance is huge when you have bad gear. A low rr poorly geared 2h knight will probably get bullied in scenarios and die in a knockdown while failing to guard or challenge anyone.
At rr50+ with 5pc conq or redeye respec 2h.
2h will feel bad without max parry/dodge and 15 into futile strikes and armor pots.
Ruin pre 40
Beastlord as fresh 40 until conq.
Conqueror or Redeye good sets for 2h.
Downrank vanq medals to get faster conq.
Mix n match sets for stats u prefer etc.

Khaelos

Post#6 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:22 pm

What about the Dominator set? Wouldn't that one be good for a DPS knight? As for Beastlord, where do I get that one? Also, does equipment that gives Block also apply for Parry, or that only affects shield Blocking itself?

P.S: It was awesome running around with you Nishka, I still can't believe we took CW in the end!

Lime

Post#7 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:36 pm

Wouldn't that one be good for a DPS knight?

No such thing as a dps knight. If you want to pew pew play something else cause knight is the lowest dps tankiest class in the game with like 0 good dps talents. Swordmaster is way better if u wanna be at the top of the dmg scoreboard as a tank and less punishing for being glassy cause of wall of darting steel. You are wanted in every group your utility not for your dps. Unkillable guardbot, punt, KD, 3 strong auras, nasty debuffs, HTL, powerful group Morales, etc...

Block does nothing if you don't have a shield on. Shield tanks are required for rvr large scale fighting due to Hold the line being so powerful.

Check the wiki for beastlord quests, they are pretty easy now.