Recent Topics

Ads

Hybrid Shaman

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Ginger32

Re: Hybrid Shaman

Post#11 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:03 pm

Sulorie wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:23 pm
Ginger32 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:50 pm
Spoiler:
Sulorie wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:34 am I can't recommend a damage spec below rank 35 and even then, that spec would be lacking a lot. With rank 38 the spec would be halfway ok-ish but for the current best spec you need rank 40 rr70. What you still lack is gear and below Dominator set, you will lack a lot wounds on other sets.
What you should aim for at rank 40 is Beastlord jewel, cloak and pocket item.

A mixed build with intel and willpower will work well for pve but need high rank and gear to pvp with it. But remember, that you won't have the heal output of heal spec nor the dps pressure of damage spec.

Damage spec will lose 40% healing value on top of low willpower stats, due to certain must-have tactics. For small man roaming or sc an additional dedicated healer would be nice.

You made a good choice with shaman, it's a fun class. Having said that, I would start as healing shaman, because lowlvl dps spec is just a liability to the team.
I understand the need for rank and renown. Would you suggest full dps spec then? Currently only level 24, renown 29 so still a ways off. For dps do you just go full gork and rest mork for sticky feet? Or would fulll healing be more viable to pvp and pve with until I get better gear and more renown then switch to more of a hybrid? I just really like the switching between healing and damaging spells while fighting to make the most use of my Waaagh!
Alternating heal and dmg spells is not efficient. When you want to heal someone, you have no time to waste global cooldowns on damage spells. For dps spec it is similar.

Have fun with either heal or dps spec, while you are below rank 31, as it doesn't matter much. With 31 you enter the final sc bracket and you fight the big boys and girls.

In either spec, you should go for sticky feet first.
It greatly helps you to stay alive, especially at 31+.
With the required mastery points you will notice, that you need a much higher level to actually invest in damage path.
When you go for heal spec, you already have all good skills in one tree and therefore can finish your heal build at a quite low rank. Furthermore, learning to heal and stay alive helps you in the case you want to go dmg spec later on. It trains your positioning and target swapping.
So, for healing, spec full mork, then where should I put my remaining points? What are the must have abilities I should pick up to heal effectively?

Ads
Sulorie

Post#12 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:38 pm

https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... ,5301,5292

Last tactic and Moral is up to you. Depends on what you are doing.

Finish first Mork.
Dying is no option.

Ginger32

Post#13 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:54 pm

Sulorie wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:38 pm https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... ,5301,5292

Last tactic and Moral is up to you. Depends on what you are doing.

Finish first Mork.

Thanks a ton! I really appreciate all the help! Looks like hybrid will stay for solo roaming or until I get really geared hahah

Telen
Suspended

Post#14 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:15 pm

RoR.builders - Shaman
Thats the basic build. You could take whatzzat behind you instead of the speed proc if you know youre going to be somewhere safe from melee. Here we goes again can also be decent.
Sticky Feetz is too far up Mork now to waste points in a dps build and 5s silence is your only chance of bursting a healer.
Without Sticky Feetz never ever waste your morale. Keep that m2 for the cc immunity and trigger it the moment something comes sniffing.

phononHYPE

Post#15 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:38 pm

For any build really, learn to have a wide situational awareness of whats going on, when to apply pressure, when you can fit a rez or cleanse in, maybe a HoT. Puddles are wonderful, but your heal dedicated shaman will generally cover them. With no-cost respec, try out a few different builds for a day to two to see how they play.

WAAAAGH!
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

abelbrian2002

Post#16 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:56 pm

What would be the renown abilities for these similar builds. Currently I have everything in toughness.

I haven't played warhammer since live shut down, so I dont quite remember the go to renown points.

Thanks in advance.

Skiantos

Post#17 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:52 am

Telen wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:15 pm RoR.builders - Shaman
Thats the basic build. You could take whatzzat behind you instead of the speed proc if you know youre going to be somewhere safe from melee. Here we goes again can also be decent.
Sticky Feetz is too far up Mork now to waste points in a dps build and 5s silence is your only chance of bursting a healer.
Without Sticky Feetz never ever waste your morale. Keep that m2 for the cc immunity and trigger it the moment something comes sniffing.

Which Talisman are better for this build and how the reknown must be used?

Telen
Suspended

Post#18 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:27 pm

I go intel in talis and renown. Then dodge/disrupt.

Ads
Ginger32

Post#19 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:14 am

Telen wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:27 pm I go intel in talis and renown. Then dodge/disrupt.
Do you go much for spell crit with renown? or not until you get a lot of pts into int and disrupt?

Telen
Suspended

Post#20 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:33 pm

Ginger32 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:14 am Do you go much for spell crit with renown? or not until you get a lot of pts into int and disrupt?
All into intel first. You cant get to cap so its always the better investment. D/D is just incredibly cheap. As you cant put all your dmg into a timestamp like dd classes you gamble with crits more.