Recent Topics

Ads

launcher error

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
tbonejr1127

launcher error

Post#1 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:24 am

hello all, new here to download the game. Seems to me that im getting an error and i am following instructions and or videos down the the T for the whole installation process. if anyone can help me out with this that would be awesome.

Error: System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\art.myp' because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at WarZoneLib.MYP.B5lsDurUKp7MXnmEEd(Object , FileMode , FileAccess )
at WarZoneLib.MYP..ctor(String fileName, FileAccess access)
at WarZoneLib.MYPManager.Get(MythicPackage archive)
at RoRLauncher.Client.HknXgX8I1CQ3FVY7npS(MythicPackage archive)
at RoRLauncher.Client.Handle(PacketIn packet)
at RoRLauncher.Client.IkaEZ48iD826NFTu0BH(Object )
at RoRLauncher.Client.OnReceive(PacketIn packet)
at RoRLauncher.Client.rSN1Kf8QdDryQ7nW8sU(Object )
at RoRLauncher.Client.YFLZyjs0vm(Object )

Ads
Elven
Former Staff

Re: launcher error

Post#2 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:57 am

Try moving the game folder to somewhere else on your computer. If you used the torrent to download the game, the torrent application may still be using the files. Either copy the entire WAR folder to a new location (if you wish to continue supporting the torrent), or move the entire WAR folder to another location to break access to the torrent.

tbonejr1127

Re: launcher error

Post#3 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:30 pm

unfortunately I did do this and the game just wanted to install from launcher still. So i did let it install that way when i was off to work. Came back game was open but couldnt get into a server, closed game to reopen it and it wanted to re insatll game files from launcher.