Recent Topics

Ads

Fix The Order Zerg

Let's talk about... everything else
Allie
Suspended

Fix The Order Zerg

Post#1 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:25 pm

Hi all ive just started playing this game over the X2 period & have been playing non stop, i have one issue the Order zerg! every day in every tier that ive logged on & joined is an order steam roll with massive order numbers that just steam roll everything, this game is starting to lose its appeal as im not a fan of feeding order every time i log on just due to the massive numbers of Order vs Des, its started to not be fun after a whole week of failed zone flips & keep seiges

edit: Why dont they lock your account for 12-24hrs to Order or Des you decide at login what side you want & thats you for 12=24hrs to stop rampant X realming

edit: they could IP lock the accounts so it doesnt matter how many accounts you make the 12-24hr account lock will affect every account from that IP & block VPN to stop annon accounts

edit: thanks for the imput everyone im old live player but new to AoR so it interesting to understad why its been so one sided this week as i just started playing , ive been trying to level & play like i did in live eg zone flips & keep sieges with realm pride to not let the other side win, i wsa starting to get a bit sad panda that it was just so onesided with no real care about letting the other side steam roll everything

FYI i only started playing AoR the last 7days so i dont know about balance over the last 2 or more years, this is what i noticed over the last week & its not fun to be zerged day after day, doesnt matter if you are Order or Des its never fun be zerged everyday & never have a chance due to server pop inbalance
Last edited by Allie on Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:06 am, edited 5 times in total.

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: Fix The Order Zerg

Post#2 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:13 pm

It's a player mentality issue, I'm afraid: until some brave souls from Order decide that zerging is no longer fun, and swap over to help Destro (and vice-versa, btw), or until zerging is actively punished, this will not change.

Egoish

Post#3 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:27 pm

Zerging actively punished? How about we flip AAO around, rather than 200% renown give us 200% damage and healing. Once a destro 6 man with double sorc drops into those order 12fg and starts slamming them for 3x damage they'll soon spread out!

I know this won't happen btw but honestly there is literally zero stick or carrot not to zerg at the moment.

Dammy095

Post#4 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:35 pm

even with malus you still get 30-50k renown from lord alone
on the underdog side it takes a ot of effort to get 50k versus zerg

Egoish

Post#5 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:42 pm

I mean, the keep reward is capped at 20k + bonuses, with renown pot it's 26k . So you're only getting 50k keeps during event.

I killed Zarbix on my zealot without event and he was 9k with aao, in a 6 man or with a good solo class it's very easy to hit 50k. But the action is still **** and you spend most of your time kiting.

The issue is the zerg needs to break up but if players are happy to move in a ball and get 1 renown per kill what can the devs do?

I'd remove bag rewards from zone locks and just give people medals, the more in the zone the less medals to go around, increased by the amount of defenders (200 people locking a zone get 1 medal each, if defended by 200 people 20 medals each)
I'd remove bo ticks and keep ticks, just give a passive 50% bonus reward at bo's and 100% at keeps, this includes medal drops.
I'd remove bonus renown for aao, but above 100% aao that would translate into a bonus to healing/damage/hp, ie 200% aao = double hp, damage and healing for the outnumbered realm, 100% aao has no effect.
I'd remove the aao malus for renown as well, fighting outnumbered happens, organised players can hold a keep funnel 2v1. As proven many times by the likes of cntk and phalanx in their heyday.

Subj/gen etc would just be medal purchases.
Last edited by Egoish on Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tesq

Post#6 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:48 pm

Camon i got for 1 kill in fort 11500 renown...yea order zerg is pissing but ehi maybe organize aoe wb and def keeps.
Other have done it in past, you can do it too

Sulorie

Post#7 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:38 pm

Dammy095 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:35 pm even with malus you still get 30-50k renown from lord alone
on the underdog side it takes a ot of effort to get 50k versus zerg
When you actually have aao, this is not much. Just don't play in pug warbands, as those tend to give free-renown to the enemy.
Dying is no option.

sjemen

Post#8 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:47 pm

I guess the AAO is ok if you actually have friends/guildies to do 6 man groups and actually benefit from it by ganking zerg straglers. Imagine being underleveled and outnumbered in every zone. How are you supposed to get anything from AAO if you actually can't kill anything and you just get steamrolled by 3 WBs for an hour or two. And then you get a measly 7k XP some poor RR and a special loot bag on top when the zone locks while order gets nice RR from the lord/cap and a free loot bag.
shmemsy 82 IB sjem 75 WP sjembem 70 ENG shmem WH 67 sjemo 68 WL sjemsy 64 BW fatsjem 59 SLAY shmoom 52 AM sjemsjem 53 RP smemz 43 KotBSsjemel 59 SW
shmemz 68 SH sjemz 64 SHM sjemppa 48 BOsjemmy 50 CHP ssjemm 43 MAR

Ads
davispeed
Game Artist

Post#9 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:10 pm

I will say it again.... RvR is worst than ever only for one reason, ITS ALL ABOUT FORT NOW. Zerging in rvr is easy mode so ppl surf zerg all the way to fort; All they want is a chance for the gold bag and\or invader crest. Bottom line.
]

raphah

Post#10 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:12 pm

Seems like only 6 month ago it was fix the destro zerg.