Recent Topics

Ads

RoRBuilder Recruitment

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Cimba

Re: RoRBuilder Recruitment

Post#11 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:51 pm

Ramasee wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:09 pm To anyone who might be interested, the whole process is relatively easy. You aren't really coding anything, just changing the text file. The rest of the tool will pull data out of .json and display it.

As long as you only edit things inside of the "" most people could contribute. As for getting the information, you'd only need to copy what you see in game.
So you dont get a dump of let say the ability tables which could be checked automatically for changes? Instead you need check changes to abilities in game?

Ads
sioding
Game Master

Post#12 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:20 pm

Cimba wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:51 pm So you dont get a dump of let say the ability tables which could be checked automatically for changes? Instead you need check changes to abilities in game?
Thats it Cimba.
On the initial one we did that on the dev/testserver - to make sure the future ability changes were in the builder too.
Dunno how they did it on the following changes - but i guess if you have any idea to kill the manual work
you can discuss it with nath.
OCRANA ...deal with it!
Jolinor
Siolor

sioding[at]returnofreckoning.com

jagunlive

Post#13 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:38 pm

I am new here. I am not a developer, but I am happy to help any way I can. If I am informed on what needs to be done, I think I might be able to give some time to make it happen; if its not too developer-ish complex.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#14 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:03 am

jagunlive wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:38 pm I am new here. I am not a developer, but I am happy to help any way I can. If I am informed on what needs to be done, I think I might be able to give some time to make it happen; if its not too developer-ish complex.
Its really not complex. If your interested please contact me on discord.

jagunlive

Post#15 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:58 pm

Natherul wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:03 am
jagunlive wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:38 pm I am new here. I am not a developer, but I am happy to help any way I can. If I am informed on what needs to be done, I think I might be able to give some time to make it happen; if its not too developer-ish complex.
I have just registered on discord. So how do I contact you? It says I need your discord Tag.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#16 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:18 pm

jagunlive wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:58 pm
Natherul wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:03 am
I have just registered on discord. So how do I contact you? It says I need your discord Tag.
Join the official RoR server (instructions viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22044&hilit=discord+server) and then you can see me on the member list on the top, click me and compose PM.

Xaun

Post#17 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:06 pm

Out of interest, why not link it to the definitions in the DB so it's always in line with the current version of 'live' ?

If these ability descriptions, requirements etc are associated against a DB entry, it should be easy enough to use SQL to pull these out with whatever their db ref id is (rather than the name of the ability) and produce a text file

if the 'career' trees are stored (with associated ref ids of abilities) it should be straightforward to reconstruct this (and I'm sure much of this was already done)

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#18 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:36 pm

Descriptions are client side, not in the DB
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Ads
DaWolf

Post#19 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:13 pm

As one of my colleagues says, doing things twice is already too much.
I do not know how the development of the abilities in War works, but I think that we must direct the search towards the automatic update of the builder in case of change in game.

Xaun

Post#20 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:25 pm

Grunbag wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:36 pm Descriptions are client side, not in the DB

So they are in the code base somewhere and get pushed out as client updates via the launcher

Why not generate the file from the code base?