Recent Topics

Ads

Fort Spawn Campers

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Valarion

Re: Fort Spawn Campers

Post#21 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:52 pm

berneke91 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:24 pm I'm fairly convinced that the best tactic to defend a fort is to organise an all out assault from the get go and then just brutally spawn camp the attackers. Hard to convince people to do it but i think it could be done even with the attackers having numbers advantage.

Seems a tad bit silly that the attackers can get spawncamped.

I've only seen the legendary portal spawn camping event once and it was a highly gruesome, unsportsmanlike and yet productive affair.

Pro tip: After wiping them, let their poor RP/Zealot self rez and rez everyone one at a time for twice the freenown.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

Ads
Zaxxond

Post#22 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:24 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:02 pm
Nishka wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:00 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:03 am But in all seriousness: couldn't you amass your forces & friends to help fend off against those despicable farmers? Or are people 'locked' into Forts the moment they enter?
I guess we should remove all spawn guards with such logic. "Just amass your friends and set the Praag WC free".
Sounds great, actually!
Yes. There are many alternatives and strategies to handle griefers who are choosing do this particular cheese tactic. And to be quite honest Peter, it's the vaunted 6 man community who is doing this once again looking for easy kills rather than help out with the fort defense.

I know you are not daft and you are an experienced gamer across many genres. Many games with spawns have had issue with spawn campers and it's not an enjoyable experience for the player being spawn camped. Devs from other games have employed defenses against spawn camp griefers. Devs in this game have already targeted this griefing issue with adding warcamp buff, moving around warcamp guards, moving and adding SC spawn guards. My question to you, unless you are just taking the piss out of me and making me over analyze this longed winded response, is why are you against this? Or are you for it?

Zaxxond

Post#23 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:34 pm

Urdeg wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:40 pm From the standpoint of somebody getting griefed yeah that sucks. From a tactical standpoint there's no reason NOT to have a 6man interrupting the enemy's supply of respawn reinforcements.
For that matter, if a realm has succeeded in pushing to a fort, they would have established a forward command with spawn guards, a career and RR trainer.

The argument and debate really is focused around griefing. It has been identified as an issue with spawn camping in other areas of this game which the devs have addressed. If it's a feature and supposed to be part of the game/challenge of taking a fort, can the dev or GM who is responsible for Forts issue a comment on this? Perhaps explain the login behind an unguarded spawn point.

And once again, it's small number of players (6 man community) doing this.

anarchypark

Post#24 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:56 pm

attacking side can make special force for campers, like jail guard.
make it 12 if 6man campers are strong.
for defenders 6vs12 is good strategy to split numbers of attacker.
I think it's player issue, not system.

being attacked before end of loading screen is issue though.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Zaxxond

Post#25 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:04 pm

anarchypark wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:56 pm attacking side can make special force for campers, like jail guard.
make it 12 if 6man campers are strong.
for defenders 6vs12 is good strategy to split numbers of attacker.
I think it's player issue, not system.

being attacked before end of loading screen is issue though.
Once again, spawn camping issue has already been addressed in other areas of this game so there has been a precedent set already by the Devs of this project. I disagree with you that this is a player issue and not a system issue. You even pointed out in your own comment that being attacked before your screen loads is an issue.

peterthepan3

Post#26 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:26 pm

There is very little use in having 6-mans in Forts, so it is no surprise that such groups are resorting to 'cheap' ways of netting kills when everyone else is huddled up and blobbing in Forts.

I do agree that it is an issue if there are no ways to counter it, i.e. if it is a case of people spawning, and being killed ad infinitum with no possible means of countering it whatsoever. If that is the case, then I am 100% in agreement with having some 'form of barrier' to protect people who have recently respawned.

Martok

Post#27 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:41 pm

Please advance to the 9:55 minute mark and watch from there. You will see the issue.

Click here to watch on YouTube
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#28 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:50 pm

I fail to see the bigger issue here. Attackers are more then defenders and should easily be able to kill any defenders who spawn camp. It should be in the attackers best interest to have all the available forces pushing the objectives.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#29 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:50 pm

Martok wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:41 pm Please advance to the 9:55 minute mark and watch from there. You will see the issue.

Cheers for that. Definitely an issue.

Zaxxond

Post#30 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:55 pm

Martok wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:41 pm Please advance to the 9:55 minute mark and watch from there. You will see the issue.

Proof is in the pudding. Thanks for the video Martok. I will add in my experience during NA Prime Time Fort Order Fort attacks, it's 2 very specific Destro 6 mans that spawn camp the respawn point. Can anyone verify this happens when Destro attacks?