Re: SnB versus 2H: The numbers

Post#11 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:34 pm

Wiede wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:23 pm Would suggest:

focused offense

20% more damage
25% less guard

viewtopic.php?f=95&t=30937

Like Daniel did.

But this doesn't helps SnB in smallscale... So... ideas?
Make punts 10 seconds CD and 10% parry-block strikethrough.
It required me 10 seconds to think of ideas which could improve SnB life by a mile.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Ads
Grock

Post#12 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:40 pm

Ramasee wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:33 pm This brings me to the recent guard changes since this now is included in the difference. 50% guard mitigation essentially doubles (+100%) the EHP of the guarded target. 25% guard damage increases the EHP of the guarded target by +33%. So in addition to all the above, by switching to 2H you are increasing the amount damage your guarded target takes by +50%.
This bit right here.
I feel like many people (developers included) don't really understand that Guard with 2h was made three times weaker, not two: it went from +100% EHP down to +33% EHP
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Ramasee

Post#13 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:43 am

The overall point to be made is that 2H has not determined whether or not a tank career is trying to be a dps in every time period of warhammer that I have played. It has always been the allocation of stats of strength, weapon skill, initiative, toughness, and wounds that sways which way you have built your class to be.

Even the highest damaging tank does not match the sustained damage output of the lowest dps career. Although the single-target, burst values can come close, which is why a str-stacked 2H tank sees use in environments that need this extra type of damage, mainly smallest-scale. Even in 12 man content such as scs, it is usually better to be a more defensively-statted tank focusing on CC and mitigation than being offensively-stacked.

If the developers want to make 2H tanks into quasi-dps classes, they should state that as the goal to the playerbase. As hopefully they can see in this thread, they are a far ways off currently in doing so. Tanks will need more weapon dps modifiers attached to their skills, or make 2H specific abilities hit harder by a plethora of means, or improve on tactics such as FO, GWM, etc. Probably would need to remove the damage increasing component of taunt, also shield restrict challenge, add in more mobility, crit damage, a laundry list really.