Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
qwerty113

Re: Patch Notes 23/03/2019

Post#431 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:59 am

Guys rework plz last bonus for wh, give him at least 100 melee power or 10 crit chance.
Feroze - wh | Faiz - bw
Roam video's thread

Ads
GoshDarn
Banned

Post#432 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:37 am

TenTonHammer wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:10 am
GoshDarn wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:08 am I really like the gaurd thing. There is really no reason a person with a 2hander doing more damage needs to be gaining the same mitigation's a tank with less damage capability on their gaurded target.
Pure BS is what your post is, and it highlights your lack of understanding of the game

First off 2H tanks cant get anywhere near as much mitigation as SnB tanks because the latter also has additional ways to mitigate damage in the form of block

secondly 2H tanks give up access to additional survieablity from being able to block and HTL! along with acess to other powerful abilites and tactics like CH/BO morale pumps for tools in other areas such on demand CC or 2H unquie abilites like crimson death, there are clear tradeoff's that make neither playstlye superior to the other
Thank you for opening my eye balls.
-Bepbepimajep-81-Sorc

Drysill

Post#433 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:08 am

Reducing defensive abilities of a 2h tank is definitely in the right direction

The 2h tanks (dps tanks) have increased dps and keep all the basic tank abilities (Guard, Taunt, Challenge, Heavy armor) for free. Why??

Dps healers have increased dps but they sacrifice a lot of healing for that trade off.. btw, their dps is not even close to real dps class, like dps AM/shamy compared to BW/sorc.

I hear ‘I play 2h but its only on defensive role and bla bla bla’… Who are you trying to convince?? Some 5-y old?? You play 2h for the extra dps. If you want extra dps and extra offensive utility, you need to sacrifice some defensive for that, its only fair, just like the other off-spec classes.

I hear ‘whole server is against that change’… You are so deluded.. You need to check expire date on what you are taking.. There are many ppl in both camps.

Like we cant have a tanky DPS class, that has increased defenses but keeps all the burst/damage output it has (RIP old guardian WL, no one liked it except some who played it and were blinded by its effectiveness)

I am not sure if Guard should change that much so I present some alternatives towards the basic idea for 2h dps tanks:
Set Guard at 60-40%
Plus reduce total armor by 20% and put it on shield*
Plus change ‘rugged’ tactic to: +80 toughness when 2h, +160 toughness when SnB.

It has to be a trade off between extra dps/offensive utility and defensive skills.. Its only fair..

*If total armor is 3000, now reduce it to 2400 (-20% on each piece) and set a new stat on all shields ‘+25% armor increase’, which will get it back to 3000

Hargrim
Developer

Post#434 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:32 am

Jaycub wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:51 am You guys should just be focusing on getting cities out already, its been like 3 years since t4 came out. Inb4 im an entitled shitlord.

It's not like forts, another step on the way, were released this year, right?

marisco

Post#435 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:48 am

Drysill wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:08 am I hear ‘I play 2h but its only on defensive role and bla bla bla’… Who are you trying to convince?? Some 5-y old?? You play 2h for the extra dps. If you want extra dps and extra offensive utility, you need to sacrifice some defensive for that, its only fair, just like the other off-spec classes.
LOL. Have ever you played a 2h tank? If you want to actually pull some meaningful damage you gotta slot offensive talis alongside using the scenario sets. That already reduces your defenses. That's the tradeoff in itself. If you go full strenght you melt like paper.

A defensive slotted 2h tank does barely any more damage than a snb tank. There's a whole thread here viewtopic.php?f=8&t=30944 crunching the numbers. I suggest you either read that up or, dunno, play a tank before running your mouth like that.

The majority of people go 2h because of the utility in small-scale engagements, not because they wanna do dps.

Nidwin

Post#436 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:51 am

Let's see if this properly reduces that horrible, and abused, double 2H cross guarded tanks gameplay in efficiency.

Good patch and don't let those hypocrites crying about that omfl 50% -> 25% RIP 2H bullcrap influence the change.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Egoish

Post#437 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:06 am

CountTalabecland wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:29 pm Yali’s comparison of 2h tanks to dps healers is off for a couple of reasons.
1: Going 2h already gimped a tank’s mechanic by removing block chance for more dps.
2: DPS healers can switch back and forth quickly between dmg and healing by stat conversions or changing gear, and it doesn’t lock any of their core abilities to do so. Tanks already get locked out of some core abilities by going 2h. DPS healers can still be part of a valid 6 man. I know its early in testing but the DPS gained from going 2h just isn’t equivalent to the drop in guard value as others have stated.
3:One takes a dps healer knowing that they are still flexible. Tanks however, need to respec rr to get enough block chance to be able to take guard dmg. Which pretty much means you are stuck that way till you can find a trainer whereas healers just need to convert their stats or gear, it is just not an equivalent comparison because block needs to specifically specced for to be good.

In sum, one of these things is not like the other.
Yeah, i often run my zdps with max heal crit in rr cause it's so good...

Tobias26

Post#438 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:17 am

Drysill wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:08 am
I hear ‘I play 2h but its only on defensive role and bla bla bla’… Who are you trying to convince?? Some 5-y old?? You play 2h for the extra dps. If you want extra dps and extra offensive utility, you need to sacrifice some defensive for that, its only fair, just like the other off-spec classes.
OK, if you think 2h tank is dps class - let's leave the guard nerfed, but will give 2h tanks all typical abilities of a dps classes, including the same dps, mobility skills (WL leap for the start), reducing healing by 50%, sprint for 50% faster movement, immune to slow/root for 10 seconds and AoE detaunt that will subside only when the tank attacks the target of this detaunt. Do you agree?
Duis - Chosen 79
Tobiasx - KotBS 70

Ads
Tesq

Post#439 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:26 am

Drysill wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:08 am Reducing defensive abilities of a 2h tank is definitely in the right direction

The 2h tanks (dps tanks) have increased dps and keep all the basic tank abilities (Guard, Taunt, Challenge, Heavy armor) for free. Why??

Dps healers have increased dps but they sacrifice a lot of healing for that trade off.. btw, their dps is not even close to real dps class, like dps AM/shamy compared to BW/sorc.

I hear ‘whole server is against that change’… You are so deluded.. You need to check expire date on what you are taking.. There are many ppl in both camps.

Like we cant have a tanky DPS class, that has increased defenses but keeps all the burst/damage output it has (RIP old guardian WL, no one liked it except some who played it and were blinded by its effectiveness)

I am not sure if Guard should change that much so I present some alternatives towards the basic idea for 2h dps tanks:
Set Guard at 60-40%
Plus reduce total armor by 20% and put it on shield*
Plus change ‘rugged’ tactic to: +80 toughness when 2h, +160 toughness when SnB.

It has to be a trade off between extra dps/offensive utility and defensive skills.. Its only fair..

*If total armor is 3000, now reduce it to 2400 (-20% on each piece) and set a new stat on all shields ‘+25% armor increase’, which will get it back to 3000
What you are asking is that the 2h tank became more fragile or more subjecable to pressure than a s+b in some form or vs some comps but that havr nothing to do with guard, but more about the guarded being penalized because a 2h tank is guarding him. Aka you ar indirect touch 2h tank without touch em at all.

For exemple rdps do more dmg or.penetrate more defense than melee vs 2h tanks etc.

Aka you can balance even comps this way (melee vs ranged) by introduces a form of a slight strengh and slight weakness vs x and or y archtype.

This is exatly why hold the line work for s+b only prob is in sc there is not need for it vs rdps comp therefore tank can go 2h at will.

Emblematic is sw festering arrow because it achive this exact same thing it can pressure tanks more the the guarded DD because there is guard in place on DD vs nothing on the tank.

That way of pressure should be something all rdd have but vs 2h tank only, that way

Rdps would beat prob 2h heavy comp but loose vs shield one

Melee would beat prob s+b heavy comp but loose vs 2h one.

Yet this would only be a general concept for group vs group balance but before that 2h and s+b utility should be better balance than what we currently have right now.

Zod24
Suspended

Post#440 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:37 am

Nidwin wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:51 am Let's see if this properly reduces that horrible, and abused, double 2H cross guarded tanks gameplay in efficiency.

Good patch and don't let those hypocrites crying about that omfl 50% -> 25% RIP 2H bullcrap influence the change.
Spoken like someone who really has no idea about what a 50-25 reduction means for 2h tanking in general. What is 'abuse double 2h cross guarded tanks gameplay'? You hitting on cross guarded tanks as a Witch Elf?