Ads

Amount of parry

Let's talk about... everything else
hogun

Amount of parry

Post#1 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:37 am

Dear Daniel,

You're right. but the résult is the same :shock:

thank you for adding this position to the previous one so that no one can imagine someone being bad faith on my part

I know.getstat and I recognize that I could have been more specific. But here is my.getstat and and I didn't take the time to go get Eathsplit, which will add 10% to my total.

with proc de Eathsplit ( 10%), = 75 % de parry... ( .getstat )

Do you know how much we have in block with.getstat?

with the proc of vanquisher ( 7%) = 44 % block ( .getstat ) it is the most optimized combination for a high blocking rate

so 44% block + 56 % parry = 75% parry ( vs guard dommages)

i can take 25% buff parry but i need 31 % more ...( probable 18% with RR and my 2 % gets stat ) need 11% more to have same resuslt ( and I'm not talking about the fact that I've invested more renown points than the 2H)

SO same résult def 2H vs guard dommage better thant s&b

we're only talking about guard damage, so there's no stat def start, and if you add a parry bonus to the two different hypotheses you further increase the gap, it's math...

and I understand that it is important to be precise on this subject which seems controversial

cya
My video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65aHhb4kCJU
DAMMAZ KRON !
Hogun - IB 80+ Hoguun RP 80+ Hogunn ING 80+ HOG Slayer 80+ Gor IB 2M 50
(KOBS,WH,WP,BW,SW,WL,SM,BO,CHOSEN,SH,MAGUS, MARAU ,CHOP,SHAM )40+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyJx3So8q6o

Ads
Smellybelly

Re: réponse a Daniel sur le parrade

Post#2 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:42 am

How can you STILL not get it? Add a shield and you get your parry AND block, you use both as a SnB tank. You get double defence rolls as a SnB. First for parry AND then for Block. So get much much more defence with SnB then 2H. AND with a shield you can also block ranged and spells directed at you or random AoE dmg, a 2H user cannot defend with parry against that. Im tired of your ignorance, you dont read the answers you get.

That you can get higher parry then block does NOT mean that you have better defence with a 2H weapon. You can get the same parry PLUS block on top of that with a shield. You really need to learn the basics of this game because this is seriously getting old now.

Smellybelly

Re: Amount of parry

Post#3 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:44 am

Just to make this clear, you do not add parry and block for a final %, you get double defence chances instead. its not 75% once but parry once and then block once.

rmpl

Re: réponse a Daniel sur le parrade

Post#4 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:45 am

Smellybelly wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:42 am How can you STILL not get it? Add a shield and you get your parry AND block, you use both as a SnB tank. You get double defence rolls as a SnB. First for parry AND then for Block. So get much much more defence with SnB then 2H. AND with a shield you can also block ranged and spells directed at you or random AoE dmg, a 2H user cannot defend with parry against that. Im tired of your ignorance, you dont read the answers you get.

That you can get higher parry then block does NOT mean that you have better defence with a 2H weapon. You can get the same parry PLUS block on top of that with a shield. You really need to learn the basics of this game because this is seriously getting old now.
Glad someone actually took time to explain it to him because I've lost the faith in humanity already.

Telen
Suspended

Post#5 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:53 am

Are you talking about Additive and Multiplicative percentages? The higher parry the less damage actually makes it through to the block check. Making block check less effective. Maybe avoidance should be additive? Then block and parry would have an equal weight to parry alone.

marisco

Post#6 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:54 am

Hogun is the living example that high renown doesn't mean jack **** when it comes to understanding the game's basic mechanics. :?

Smellybelly

Post#7 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:58 am

Telen wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:53 am Are you talking about Additive and Multiplicative percentages? The higher parry the less damage actually makes it through to the block check. Making block check less effective. Maybe avoidance should be additive? Then block and parry would have an equal weight to parry alone.
Its not less effective, its more effective due to the single reason that it can stop any attack against you, not just guard and melee dmg.

mubbl

Post#8 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:01 am

Telen wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:53 am Are you talking about Additive and Multiplicative percentages? The higher parry the less damage actually makes it through to the block check. Making block check less effective. Maybe avoidance should be additive? Then block and parry would have an equal weight to parry alone.
it doesnt matter if which value comes first, if you have 30% block and 50% parry you will take in both cases 35% frontal meele dmg.

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Post#9 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:03 am

I though everyone was still talking about guard damage alone. In that check multiplicative avoidance checks have less weight.
Last edited by Telen on Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Smellybelly

Post#10 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:04 am

mubbl wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:01 am
it doesnt matter if which value comes first, if you have 30% block and 50% parry you will take in both cases 35% frontal meele dmg.
No, you simply get one defence roll for 50% Parry and another defence roll for 30% block. That does not equal to a 35% dmg taken. So yet another person who dont know how guard works