Recent Topics

Ads

Forts are really awesome at ...

Let's talk about... everything else
Aethilmar

Forts are really awesome at ...

Post#1 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:39 pm

... encouraging defeatism and zone swapping.

Good job with the incentives for fighting. Healthy for the game. Keep it up.

Ads
TenTonHammer

Re: Forts are really awesome at ...

Post#2 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:58 am

ive lost count of the number of times people in region chat have encouraged people to "throw" the zone so that we could go fort

forts, encourages defeatism

if invader medals dropped in oRvR this wouldnt be an issue and it would continue to encourage action even if you dont get into forts where as right now its basically "dead time"

Sahngar

Post#3 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:35 am

I've seen both sides of this.

I've seen people trying to push for puerile to let the zone flip for the defence (and called them out for it) and I've also seen people really did in and fight to the very last.

Playing order, it felt like I was never getting out of BC yesterday because dest just refused to throw in the towel.

anarchypark

Post#4 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:51 am

no need to pay attention to them.
go fight and steal their spot.
what would they do? chat to death?

there're enought fighters out there, waiting leaders.
time for you to lead. enough talking.

once i joined zone at lord stage and managed to get reserved spot.
ofc many hate speeches from defeatist.
I wanted to push zone but failed.
worst thing happened was getting reserve spot at fort.

show them how to enjoy game.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Detangler

Post#5 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:01 am

Hmm. I'm guessing I know the fate of this thread as soon as a mod gets their eyeballs on it....
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

davispeed
Game Artist

Post#6 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:18 am

Detangler wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:01 am Hmm. I'm guessing I know the fate of this thread as soon as a mod gets their eyeballs on it....
lol.. we all know it :lol:
]

davispeed
Game Artist

Post#7 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:21 am

Fort "kill" some part of the RvR, sadly... One of the reason im out. Oh wait, nobody care about it right ? Let me say it again then.... im out because the RvR is not the same since Fort are in game....

FORT = From Major Boner to Major deception.

100% agree with the OP btw.
]

Stortz

Post#8 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:23 am

the solution to this is having a Jackpot that goes up the longer and the more gruesome the fight goes. If you have AAO on a zone before the fort, it should add to your Jackpot even if you lose. At some point, the Jackpot simply flips into Invader gear rolls. Losing should also yield both rewards for participating AND some form of penalty. Problem is: what penalty? Something that would encourage people to retaliate rather than say **** it and go level up an alt.

Ads
Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#9 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:09 am

I guess many things needs to be tweaked to get incentive with forts, and have no doubt that it will done in time.

Not a reppraoch, but since this project exist (and i say it repeatedly), the more we are moving on, the more expectations are high, the less you keep in mind we are not professionnals and we have a life.

So you see an issue. Great. What do you propose to solve it ?

"the solution to this is having a Jackpot that goes up the longer and the more gruesome the fight goes. If you have AAO on a zone before the fort, it should add to your Jackpot even if you lose. At some point, the Jackpot simply flips into Invader gear rolls. Losing should also yield both rewards for participating AND some form of penalty. Problem is: what penalty? Something that would encourage people to retaliate rather than say **** it and go level up an alt."

> Penalty means not playing or switching side. And if the buff goes to the attacker side, then defending side don't involve or defend (previous version of ORvR reward system)

"if invader medals dropped in oRvR this wouldnt be an issue and it would continue to encourage action even if you dont get into forts where as right now its basically "dead time"

>I fear It wouldn't solve the issue. In the same way we could also, stop preparing cities and make all stuff available in orvr in a manner or the other cause there is a risk same issue happens.

We could reward attackers MUCH better than defenders, but we would take the risk to see 0 defenders and lot of realm switch inbalancing the ORvR a bit more ( > Live city siege, empty instances).

We could condition Forteresse control (taken or defended) to a buff who could increase bags and rewards quality for the winning realm in fortresses, to the ORvR, but there is a risk of massive switch to the buffed realm.

We could increase drop/bag quality in ORvR for attacking side during the fortress. But i fear there would be only 1 faction in the lake. And if we do for both, the issue remains.

So?? We are all for positive criticism, but it is even better if they are linked with some suggestions (thx to TenTonHammer and Storz to try).

anarchypark

Post#10 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:48 am

i must add,
i understand limited play time, fort b4 bed time etc.
tactical retreat could be 1 of tactic.
gathering good players and preparing last defense at fort.

but that force could push enemy from zone too.
it's choice of leaders and soldiers. plus time zone, guild etc.

you can't convince defeatist to join fight.
also can't convince fighters to give up.
( defeatist would fight for death in fort? i doubt, they'll give up at first sign of fail )

you can't control everything as player. sometimes accept what others play.

suggest:
maybe add last zone's contribution to fort contribution ?
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)