Recent Topics

Ads

Feedback from a veteran Shadow Warrior + suggestions

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
footpatrol2

Re: Feedback from a veteran Shadow Warrior + suggestions

Post#71 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:35 pm

Tesq wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:02 pm What you want ranged silence too?
The class already has a ranged silence which is baseline...

Ads
BeautfulToad

Post#72 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:54 pm

If Shadow Warrior feels weak its because the order ranged classes are so strong. Any buffs to Shadow Warrior has to be compared to the ranged options order has; White Lion, Bright Wizard, and Engineer. Engineer can root players to the spot, and disarm them. White Lion can knock down an enemy and send them flying back to their lines (with a pet that can outrun you and has no practical range limit).

For destruction, I think the only(?) sniping option is Squig Herder, and I think it can only slow an enemy.

footpatrol2

Post#73 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:24 pm

Magus's can snipe. They just have a unjustified bad community rep.

Tesq

Post#74 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:35 pm

footpatrol2 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:35 pm
Tesq wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:02 pm What you want ranged silence too?
The class already has a ranged silence which is baseline...
I felt like in fact....but didnt bother to re check

lolec22

Post#75 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:42 pm

saupreusse wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:27 pm The flight times of some skills are horribly low and the self punt reacts with a 1 second delay.
I have similiar experience. Maybe it's just lags or low fps (my PC was in the same age as WAR is), but many time using glass arrow to unmount enemy it's just fail (lost LoS or just not work - no gcd and skill is active once more) or knockdown effect is 1-2s delayed to dmg from eye shot (and many time target just run away by postern etc.). I'm not sure but for example flight time of FtW was horribly long or it's just skill animation, but it's look like ages to reach target.

I'm really curious it's just my experience or every SW have the same.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#76 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:43 pm

lolec22 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:42 pm
saupreusse wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:27 pm The flight times of some skills are horribly low and the self punt reacts with a 1 second delay.
I have similiar experience. Maybe it's just lags or low fps (my PC was in the same age as WAR is), but many time using glass arrow to unmount enemy it's just fail (lost LoS or just not work - no gcd and skill is active once more) or knockdown effect is 1-2s delayed to dmg from eye shot (and many time target just run away by postern etc.). I'm not sure but for example flight time of FtW was horribly long or it's just skill animation, but it's look like ages to reach target.

I'm really curious it's just my experience or every SW have the same.
viewtopic.php?f=100&t=22372

jasonX
Suspended

Post#77 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:27 am

saupreusse wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:27 pm I can say confidently that without a better way to deal with medium to high armor targets sw will continue to get worse with every new set introduced. (Same might be the case for ranged squigger who suffered from it aswell but im not sure how it is nowadays because i havent played sh in ages.) the other very annoying thing is the extreme unresponsiveness of sw abilities which was also present on live to some extend and makes the class feel clunky af compared to all? the other classes. The flight times of some skills are horribly low and the self punt reacts with a 1 second delay.
+1000 to all your points. That broadhead arrow takes ages to apply. Or for you to see if it was dodged. By the time you see it dodged you already have moved to the next part of your skill rotation
Gitbane 81RR Choppa, proud guild master of Wispers of Mutiny
Gitbaner 77RR Chosen, tankier version of Gitbane
Gitbaneous 80RR sorc, heavy and tanky bomber mode.
Ethilia 84RR SW (too much nerf, RIP :()
Gitbaneus 81rr BW
Gitbone 77rr Slayer

jasonX
Suspended

Post#78 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:37 am

BeautfulToad wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:54 pm If Shadow Warrior feels weak its because the order ranged classes are so strong. Any buffs to Shadow Warrior has to be compared to the ranged options order has; White Lion, Bright Wizard, and Engineer. Engineer can root players to the spot, and disarm them. White Lion can knock down an enemy and send them flying back to their lines (with a pet that can outrun you and has no practical range limit).

For destruction, I think the only(?) sniping option is Squig Herder, and I think it can only slow an enemy.
Haha omg you either only play on a melee train for all your life or you are just trolling us.
Maguses got the same skills as engis.
Sorcs singletarget stronger than BWs
Squigs now hit harder than SWs ranged and have a very strong melee with tons of cc resilience and good dmg.
Gitbane 81RR Choppa, proud guild master of Wispers of Mutiny
Gitbaner 77RR Chosen, tankier version of Gitbane
Gitbaneous 80RR sorc, heavy and tanky bomber mode.
Ethilia 84RR SW (too much nerf, RIP :()
Gitbaneus 81rr BW
Gitbone 77rr Slayer

Ads
BeautfulToad

Post#79 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:45 am

jasonX wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:37 am
BeautfulToad wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:54 pm If Shadow Warrior feels weak its because the order ranged classes are so strong. Any buffs to Shadow Warrior has to be compared to the ranged options order has; White Lion, Bright Wizard, and Engineer. Engineer can root players to the spot, and disarm them. White Lion can knock down an enemy and send them flying back to their lines (with a pet that can outrun you and has no practical range limit).

Haha omg you either only play on a melee train for all your life or you are just trolling us.
Maguses got the same skills as engis.
Sorcs singletarget stronger than BWs
Squigs now hit harder than SWs ranged and have a very strong melee with tons of cc resilience and good dmg.
Ignoring the Bright Wizard AoE stuff, all of them can be solo'd by a single white lion AI spawn if they are spec'd to do maximum ranged damage.

I will say this jasonX. I don't know what a "melee train" is, but I can assure you, sir, I have not been on this melee train or, indeed, any drugs at any point in my life.
Last edited by BeautfulToad on Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

JustDust

Post#80 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:46 am

Yep the only reason ranged sw seems viable, is cause they see us hitting low geared targets, and doing some normal damage. Let us see how sw performs against ppl with full invader + armor pots.
And the solution for us stacking WS only isnt really worth it, we cant survive anything doing that, and still hitting less then other dps stacking defensive talismans.

If sw was the only class with a healdebuff, that might have warranted the low single target dmg output of our skirmish specc, but still got us a spot in 6vs6 at least. But that isn't the case.
Ranged KD, yes it is nice, but what the hell ranged stagger from healers is even better. It doesnt warrant the low ST output values of ranged sw, and our horrible tactics, compared to other dpsclasses tactics. Cause other classes have good group utility too and bring the damage.

Stance dance is so clunky and unresponsive, and its still possible to accidently press the same stance and get a cd on all stance switches, which should never be the case, you shouldn't be able to switch to the stance your already in.

Our horrible Traveltimes of our skills adds to the insult.

Our Selfpunt is a joke, against melees with half a brain and equal gear you can never run. Best use of it is offensively to get into the fray faster as assault. The angle of the punt should be higher + 10 more ft or it is almost always useless as an escape tool against enemies who play smart.

Yes sw fits into some niche roles, but there are better alternatives in the dps department for 6 mans and for solo. Which is already destribed by Ethilia.

On rare occasions you own the scenario charts, but these statistics doesn't say anything. Its mostly due to the fact of undergeared enemies, which always favors ranged dps classes. The best Measure is the 6v6 with equal geared players which happens rarely.

Jeyne RR81 SW