Ads

Patch Notes 06/04/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
drmordread
Suspended

Re: Patch Notes 06/04/2019

Post#21 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:08 am

Hate to say it, but the no RR ticks ... worst idea ever. I know there are those who cry that they hate sitting still at flags, but hey, you cant let the peanut gallery run the game.

Here is why. Hate to be blunt ... no wait ... I dont hate being blunt... OK we are good

1- Basically you just made the zones a giant game of Zerg Around The Rosie, with everyone chasing each other around to cap a BO. Run to the next one, while enemy does the same. BASICALLY ... you saw the constant movement in forts stage 2 and someone thought..."WOW...this is a good idea for rvr dudes!" ... Yeah ... NOPE....

2. As primarily on SC player you just took out any incentive what so ever to get in the lakes. Period. Ever.

3. What happens when one side zergs too hard and other side turtles in keep or goes to another zone? No fight ... no fights = no RR. Who cares if you have 40% RR buff, if there is nothing to gain you RR? ... anyone? anyone? Bueller?

4. I know, I know. People cry about sitting on a BO. Tough. Let them learn patience. Let them learn strategy. Let them learn tactics. Let them learn how to play a wonderfully strategic game than can be on the parr with chess.
Instead, you are letting the "I just wanna fight dude!" mentality players influence the game YET again ... to the detriment of the game, and the majority of players.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Ads
Nirawen

Post#22 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:13 am

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:09 am

[RvR]

- Removed the BO ticks.
OLOLOLILOL

We already win on average 1 RP side Order ... with the miracle BOs we had to be I know more at 22 ... super and you delete it for the players to move ...

In fact you force players to move to win 1 RP ... and PL RR a kingdom ... the order is regularly more populated ...

Delete your new AAO ... maybe the players will move and there will be interest again for the fighting between WB ...

To make decisions like this, reassure me you still play? Are you blind? are you looking to kill the game?

You will be able to explain to us ... because I have a hard time understanding ...

Telen
Suspended

Post#23 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:17 am

Some players wont be happy until all this game is is wbs playing ping pong from wc to wc.

Orodret

Post#24 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:18 am

Great change to BOs!

Nirawen

Post#25 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:20 am

It's not really fun to stay on a BO to get things done in the area, especially in the end given the dominion very little fight ...
if now in addition there is no longer this small reward ...

We will just go to the last zone to have a place for the forto :)

Long live the SC :)

chargedbolt

Post#26 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:22 am

A 10% bonus of 1 renown is still 1 renown.

The current malus needs to go.

nebelwerfer

Post#27 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:28 am

Nice Job lads :mrgreen:

Nameless

Post#28 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:32 am

Frankly it is a bit pathetic all that cry about the loss of the afk renown. Ppl talk like that is something important and mandatory, to stay semi afk and do nothing for some gain renown.

It is abit ridicules and sad that afk ticks got such support and so many defenders.

Making BOs more importand, strategic objectives on the map is pretty good intention but these pathetic free afk ticks are not the way to do so...
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Ads
geezereur

Post#29 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:42 am

Disconnect issues are back.

Musica

Post#30 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:48 am

BO changes are good. Nicely done.
drmordread wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:08 am Hate to say it, but the no RR ticks ... worst idea ever. I know there are those who cry that they hate sitting still at flags, but hey, you cant let the peanut gallery run the game.

Here is why. Hate to be blunt ... no wait ... I dont hate being blunt... OK we are good

1- Basically you just made the zones a giant game of Zerg Around The Rosie, with everyone chasing each other around to cap a BO. Run to the next one, while enemy does the same. BASICALLY ... you saw the constant movement in forts stage 2 and someone thought..."WOW...this is a good idea for rvr dudes!" ... Yeah ... NOPE....

2. As primarily on SC player you just took out any incentive what so ever to get in the lakes. Period. Ever.

3. What happens when one side zergs too hard and other side turtles in keep or goes to another zone? No fight ... no fights = no RR. Who cares if you have 40% RR buff, if there is nothing to gain you RR? ... anyone? anyone? Bueller?

4. I know, I know. People cry about sitting on a BO. Tough. Let them learn patience. Let them learn strategy. Let them learn tactics. Let them learn how to play a wonderfully strategic game than can be on the parr with chess.
Instead, you are letting the "I just wanna fight dude!" mentality players influence the game YET again ... to the detriment of the game, and the majority of players.
1. Wow, almost looks like sitting on a BO afk shouldn't be rewarded because playing is more fun. Atm, you can still sit on the BO and def if you don't like the zerg, it assures us a flag and makes the keep rank up steadily. It doesn't reward you if you just planned to afk on a flag.

2. Because you can't afk while in que for SC and get renown passively? That sounds good, no work no reward.

3. If they move to another zone, you lock the zone faster. You lock the zone faster, you get the lock tick with flag bonus for more endzone gain. Again, that is if you were planning on actually playin and get your contri up to get a fat tick.

4. This point makes 0 sense. But let's try and follow it a bit.
People need to learn how to sit on a BO because it's important for strategy and stuff.
Alright, just like animals then you were trained to gather on a BO and get treats in return. Now that the trick is learned, the treat disappears. Dog training 101. What you are asking is already achieved, this is the second step.
Also, i'm sorry but you're wrong in general on this. If you run around just killing, at the end of it you will never get to keep and lock the zone. We are not enough to already properly cover all the BOs, so that would mean that if said people who want to fight only fight, they end up with no keep, which also means longer times to go to fort. People will sit on a BO anyway for that, don't worry.
Removing the let's sit on a BO and just afk till someone kills us, we port back there and restart afking is not detrimental to the game at all.

P.S. The only thing i would add tho, to avoid that there are not enough people to hold BO and to give a "strategic" incentive to actually hold them would be to make the sitting on BO start a timer. The time needed to cap the BO back for the other faction increases by the amount of time the faction that was previously holding the BO was sitting on it, up to a cap.
I.E. Minimum numbers on the BO to start the timer would be 6 or 12. Minute increase is 1:1 with minute spent on it, cap is 5 minutes.
Now you would have people holding a BO and then moving, creating even more space for strategic gameplay as you can coordinate better to have all the BO capped.
Dunno, just an idea.